What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
I think that what OnFire said is true. I'm sure if one is hurt in someway, like you say, they need to feel big by tearing others down.

But I feel like there is a LOT of healing that needs to happen here, and we should keep them in our prayers.

There are a few good people here yes, but most of them have already hardened their hearts and just dont want to listen.

beanieboy

TheSearcher said:
There are a few good people here yes, but most of them have already hardened their hearts and just dont want to listen.

But probably those that need prayer the most, don't you think?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
As a Christian, I often felt like I was attacked from the outside world, so I guess when you feel like you are in the majority, the human thing is to attack back. And I suppose there is the general teenage angst. :( I miss my teenage angst, and playing The Smiths.

I am the sun....and the air.....

Do you mean Morrissey's old band?

beanieboy

The Edge said:
Do you mean Morrissey's old band?

Yep.

"So go on your own, and stand on your own, and you go home, and you go home and cry, and you want to die..."

Ah, the mellodrama of being young...

julie21

Lovely post there OnFire.:)

Rimi: Maybe they're hoping he'll read how disgusted they are by him and he'll go away.
A better thing would be to either just ban him from TOL as an unrepentant homosexual or put him on ignore....but where would the fun be in that for those who love to bait him so that he will enter the conversation and they can continue in their particular penchant of demeening him?

Rimi: How would you handle him from here on out? Say you got what you want and everyone was on board ... how do you see a dialogue with him?

You would have the choice to dialogue with him purely as another human being, which makes him one of God's creations...therefore with civility, even though not in agreeance with his particular choice of lifestyle.
Plenty of us have chosen to take this road.
If you didn't want to do that, then just put him on 'ignore' and don't dialogue with him at all in any form.
Simple choices.
It seems clear that nothing anyone who has chosen to demeen Beanie is going to bring him into the fold..so why not move on and leave him alone instead of starting stupid 'hate' and 'unChrist-like' polls such as this...unless this is your way of making yourself feel good.

Rimi :This isn't heaven, Julie. This is TOL. Heaven wouldn't have him.

Hey...It's becoming more evident every day since that first poll re whether it was Christ-like to call him a faggot, that TOL is nowhere near heaven my friend. ;) Not that I was ever under the illusion that it was anyway...heaven is a perfect place. TOL and many professing Christians here are far from perfection, including myself.
There are some who just behave more Christ-like than others to all people.
And you are right...heaven would not have him,as he is now a Buddhist and so not believing in the one true God. And he would have to stop being a practicing homosexual if he did choose to accept God.

Rimi: In this case, many do shake the dust and move on . . . but the little chap keeps following and interjected himself.

I would find it very hard to not interject my thoughts if a poll such as this was to be set up.
Once again...simple solution choices to be made...ban or ignore.

Rimi: He's very rude. Oh, and stupid too to keep hanging around when it's clear that he's not exactly welcome.

Do you mean 'rude' as in calling people horrid names etc? Or rude in that he posts anywhere he wants to, as is allowed him by TOL and their choice to allow homosexuals and atheists onto the site?
There are some who are welcoming to him as a fellow human. I include myself in that group.

Rimi:But, typical homo, he just thrills at the attention. He's a pig.

Hey...Beanie didn't start this stupid poll up, did he? So who managed to get the attention of everyone who has since posted in this thread? The original poll starter. Beanie then came in to comment on the poll as most would in his case.
Once again Rimi.. a very simple solution...Don't start up a disgusting poll/thread such as this and there is one less place for him to interject in.
I have found in my conversations with Beanie, limited as they have been, and in viewing his posts overall, that he is far from being a 'pig'.

Rimi: Beanie does not trust God, he is buddhist and homo. He needs to deal with his own issues first and be humble before God.

Yes..I agree with the points you have just posted...but maybe his problem isn't 100%with God really, as much as it is with those who proclaim to be Christ-like and followers of God. It is evident that some individuals are only Christ-like in their own interpretation of this mode of being, which to many other Christians here, is wrongful interpretation.

Rimi: Beanie is hateful towards Christians by bothering them when he knows they don't want him around.

Once again...ban or ignore...simple.

Rimi ; But sure enough, the little homo did what he always does and evaded and eluded.

Plenty of heterosexuals on TOL do that as well...none of us are perfect.

Rimi: He is not fit to teach Scriptures. Satan knows the Scriptures quite well, too, Julie. Would you like to invite him to teach alongside beanie?

I don't see Beanie 'teaching' per se, rather 'calling us Christians out' on the way we profess to be Christians and then not behaving as such in some particular instances...and if we are innocent of this behaviour, then what does it matter from whom the 'call' came, homosexual, atheist, agnostic, or satanist?
If Beanie calls us out on something from scripture and a fellow brother/sister in Christ does the same, from the same scripture or interpretation of it, does that mean then that Beanie is wrong?
Not in my book it doesn't.

I know that satan knows the scriptures well...and he can even blind very good Christians to the rightful interpretation of them if they let him tempt them by working on their own little penchants or things they will not let go of..

Rimi: Maybe they're hoping he'll read how disgusted they are by him and he'll go away.
Again...
A better way than hoping that he will go away would be to stop continually posting threads like this one and others of the same ilk, or just 'ban' him or ignore him. So easy!
There are plenty who don't mind him being here on this free board...and don't necessarily agree with his way of living or his views on God, but we live peacefully with him, intstead of constantly at war with him.

beanieboy

The Edge said:
I like "Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me."

Do you happen to have that CD?

CD? I had the vinyl. We are talking back in the day....
But yeah, I have it on CD.
I have most of the Smiths and Morrisey.

There is simply something great about his songs. They aren't songs you dance do, but they make you feel more like, hmm, well, people used to "skip" instead of dance on the dancefloor.

"and if a double-decker bus
crashes in to us
to die by your side
such a heavenly way to die"

hee hee

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Well Ninny, Poly, I'm sick of trying with you guys. Consider yourselves written off.
And of course you didn't so I had to refresh your memory in hopes that you'd "do so already".

The Edge said:
Well Poly, my pen is out of ink ;)

I've written you off.

No you haven't. You're just hiding behind PMs. Why don't you post what you have to say out in the open here for all to see? Because people know you have no self-control. You say something and do something else. That's the pattern with you. Now once and for all if you claim to have written me off then do so. Quit being deceitful, hiding behind PMs.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Poly said:
Why don't you post what you have to say out in the open here for all to see?

Like his promises in private are kept better than the ones he makes in public? :ha:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Poly said:
And of course you didn't so I had to refresh your memory in hopes that you'd "do so already".

No you haven't. You're just hiding behind PMs. Why don't you post what you have to say out in the open here for all to see? Because people know you have no self-control. You say something and do something else. That's the pattern with you. Now once and for all if you claim to have written me off then do so. Quit being deceitful, hiding behind PMs.
Poly, you're worthless. I don't know how you ever got to the position you got to. You can never take rebuke. All you know how to do is point fingers and point out others wrongs. You're a lousy excuse. That's what I have to say, and everyone should know it. Nothing you or anyone can say will change my mind, unless you start acting like a Christian.

Knight I have respect for. He respectfully states what he has to say if he disagrees, and uses Scripture. He forgives, and he runs this board well. Turbo I have respect for. He hides behind red bars a little more, but he's Scriptural and talks reasonably. Nineveh is a little more like you, but she backs off when it's time to back off. Then there's you. You step in when everyone else had their say, and you come in with the meanest words and the harshest actions. It's unbiblical. I backed off of what I said I was going to back off of. I am on something new, so I am not a liar. But you will call me one anyway because you have no answers, and you have nothing constructive. That's just poly. Does that stand for "polygraph?" Liar is your favorite word. You must be quite familiar with it. You really should try acting like a Christian. This thread is a horrible excuse for Christian behavior and I can't believe you are not ashamed of it. A lot of people feel the way I do but donn't have the guts to stand up.

You should try to be more like Ebenz. She's the best moderator I've seen. She and Knight. Those two are not hostile and angry and accusatory. Try it. You might get some more respect.

I'll pray you do so.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Poly, you're worthless. I don't know how you ever got to the position you got to. You can never take rebuke. All you know how to do is point fingers and point out others wrongs. You're a lousy excuse. That's what I have to say, and everyone should know it. Nothing you or anyone can say will change my mind, unless you start acting like a Christian.

Knight I have respect for. He respectfully states what he has to say if he disagrees, and uses Scripture. He forgives, and he runs this board well. Turbo I have respect for. He hides behind red bars a little more, but he's Scriptural and talks reasonably. Nineveh is a little more like you, but she backs off when it's time to back off. Then there's you. You step in when everyone else had their say, and you come in with the meanest words and the harshest actions. It's unbiblical. I backed off of what I said I was going to back off of. I am on something new, so I am not a liar. But you will call me one anyway because you have no answers, and you have nothing constructive. That's just poly. Does that stand for "polygraph?" Liar is your favorite word. You must be quite familiar with it. You really should try acting like a Christian. This thread is a horrible excuse for Christian behavior and I can't believe you are not ashamed of it. A lot of people feel the way I do but donn't have the guts to stand up.

You should try to be more like Ebenz. She's the best moderator I've seen. She and Knight. Those two are not hostile and angry and accusatory. Try it. You might get some more respect.

I'll pray you do so.

Edge, you shouldn't try to pit us against each other like this. When it comes to most things on TOL, I stand behind the administrators (Knight, Turbo, Poly, Lion, and Becky). If all of us were the same, I don't think that TOL would work as well as it does.

beanieboy

I have no problem trying to edify one another, even rebuking each other, if that is the intent, but I'm not comfortable changing this from a bash beanie thread to a bash Poly thread, especially if it is done out of anger. I was hoping to turn this thread around, and to bless our enemies, pray for those filled with hatred, in the sense that real love is tough.

To be angry is human, but as has already been said, the most you can do is state your case as factual as possible, and then just let it go.

Christians can rebuke other christians that are out of line, and then, once said, we simply need to move on. If one wants others not to be so attacking, they, in turn, must lead by example.

Namaste

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
ebenz47037 said:
Edge, you shouldn't try to pit us against each other like this. When it comes to most things on TOL, I stand behind the administrators (Knight, Turbo, Poly, Lion, and Becky). If all of us were the same, I don't think that TOL would work as well as it does.
True dat. Not trying to make you all fight.

Poly's a brick wall. Tired of :box: Someday she'll see her error.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
thread shred already

thread shred already

Hi all,

Its amazing that such a thread and poll should carry on this long...as if it could even contribute anything really meaningful in the real world. The very question of the poll infers that only negative, disgustful attributes could be assigned to beanieboy...and this makes it unfair to those of us who recognize positive traits of the said person. Its typical for spitefilled, imperfect, indecent, rude 'xians' to concoct such threads to amuse themselves and bolster their own self-righteous, arrogant rants against homos or whatever 'unorthodox' kind of person that their religion or self-inflamed bias boo-hoos. And because bb responds back in usual courteous fashion...this keeps the popcorn machines going for the movie. I guess whatever floats your boat. And to think some people here call themselves xians. (oh spare us all the trappings).

bb,.......I can relate with Morrisey too - I just gave away a video compile of his - with the classics 'Suedhead', 'Everyday is like sunday', 'International playboys', etc. I havent heard his latest cd. have you?

Edge,......do you have U2's latest cd? and what do you think? A friend made me a copy of 'Rattle & hum' (dvd). They do capture a heart & soul unlike any other band. I recall digging the song 'she moves in mysterious ways' - what cd was that on? and is there a best of compile u'd recommend?

Back on topic (as if it deserves attention).....this poll is the poops. - *flush*. Ahhhh, what a relief. Now,....will this thread end soon relative to the subject? or must it go on...and on...and on?

shalom out!

paul

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Poly, thanks for the two more nice red bars and insults, as always. Real professional. Keep doing that, and I'll keep after you. I think you are more mature than that.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
freelight said:
Hi all,
Edge,......do you have U2's latest cd? and what do you think? A friend made me a copy of 'Rattle & hum' (dvd). They do capture a heart & soul unlike any other band. I recall digging the song 'she moves in mysterious ways' - what cd was that on? and is there a best of compile u'd recommend?
paul
I do have the latest. Got it the day it came out. Came with a bonus DVD.
Mysterious Ways is on Achtung Baby, released in 1991. That is my favorite CD. And they have a Best of the 80s and a Best of the 90s. Both are excellent. The ones I got came with bonus CD's full of B-sides. You will enjoy.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Today's lesson kids, is how to be a lying hypocrite, presented by our good non judgmental friend "the edge".

"You can never take rebuke"

"point fingers and point out others wrongs"

"You're a lousy excuse"

"because you have no answers"

"you have nothing constructive"

"I backed off of what I said I was going to back off of."

And that concludes today's lesson :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
TheEdge,

I have some advice, even though you probably don't want any advice from me.....

You see to be in an argument with Poly that is, at best, going in circles. I think it is about time to leave well enough alone and stop this. I'm not saying you must agree with her, simply stop trying to do whatever you are trying to do because you don't seem to be getting anywhere. I also have had my disagreements with how some of the moderators handle things, but you have to come the realization that this is their turf and they will handle things their way. I'm not trying to take anyones side, I'm saying that, from what I can tell, no one is getting anywhere and it's time to stop this pointless argument.

but like I said you didn't ask for my input so take it or leave it....

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.