What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
See? Every time we point out the sin of certain people, they just point the finger somewhere else.

I'm not supporting Beanieboy or his sin. I just think it's unbiblical for a supposedly mature Christian to start a thread like this. They are the ones who should have wiped the sand from their feet and walked on to the next town.

As Jesus said "Let them alone, they are blind guides to the blind."

I thought you were writing me off. I wish you'd do so already.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Poly said:
I thought you were writing me off. I wish you'd do so already.
Well Poly, my pen is out of ink ;)

I've written you off. I'm just commenting on what Julie and Beanie said.

Rimi

julie21 wrote:

Rimi...you misunderstood the point of my post I think, my friend.
I am sick of these stupid polls about what do we think of BeanieBoy....they are inane nonsense, because most people know what everyone else thinks of him by now, and are just disgusting in keeping it all going.

Maybe they're hoping he'll read how disgusted they are by him and he'll go away.

Okay. Homosexuality is condemned by God and is an abomination and those who practice homosexual behaviour will ,as far as I can tell from the Bible, end up in hell as opposed to all the 'Christlike' Christians.
For Pete's sake...where is the joy in all of this castigating of someone who has been on this board for quite a while now and does not seem to be in the mood to leave or accept God in the way that Christians do. He will be judged by God alone in the end...but not before everyone who has it in their minds to make the most of this situation by making it into a great game of being the least Christlike as possible at times.

How would you handle him from here on out? Say you got what you want and everyone was on board ... how do you see a dialogue with him?

Personally, I find this type of thread disgusting...wipe the dust from your sandals and move on...but then again, there is far more enjoyment in doing this to another person who is not as you want them to be, or God wants them to be, isn't there? Difference is, that God would still love BeanieBoy, wanting him to repent and turn to Him, but not hound him like this in a forum situation where all are welcome, but you better beware of the hounds who will not give up...instead of just closing it to the type of people that they do not want here.

This isn't heaven, Julie. This is TOL. Heaven wouldn't have him.

In this case, many do shake the dust and move on . . . but the little chap keeps following and interjected himself. He's very rude. Oh, and stupid too to keep hanging around when it's clear that he's not exactly welcome. But, typical homo, he just thrills at the attention. He's a pig.

I would not say that Beanie Boy is correct everytime in interpreting scripture, or judging rightly, but wasn't it missed by those who were in the past, the teachers of scripture, that Jesus would come as He did, as a man...albeit for their own purpose?... and Christians differ so much in interpretation of some biblical matters [ though homosexuality as an abomination is correct].

Crow is correct. Beanie does not trust God, he is buddhist and homo. He needs to deal with his own issues first and be humble before God.

BeanieBoy was a professed follower when younger, though some doubt it, so may well know scripture well enough to do what he does. I don't personally have Divine insight to whether he is truthful, and I cannot see into his heart, but there is One who both can and will when the time is right. I am willing to let God do that then, rather than me do it here on TOL.

Beanie is hateful towards Christians by bothering them when he knows they don't want him around. He doesn't answer questions, and then complains when people call him on it. Check out his one on one with Knight, who I thought shouldn't have even bothered with the idiot. Then I hoped I was wrong. But sure enough, the little homo did what he always does and evaded and eluded. He's a walking lie. He is not fit to teach Scriptures. Satan knows the Scriptures quite well, too, Julie. Would you like to invite him to teach alongside beanie?

I've had my spew, so there it is. Go for it. I cannot see that anyone is going to get anything good out of this type of stuff...Christlike good, anyways.

I can't see what good it does a buddhist like beanie.

Rimi

TheSearcher said:

As to the first point: I do believe there is a God out there, and I do believe that he is infinite, that being said, it is possible, with an infinite God, that you are wrong, and I am wrong, its the bigger person who can admit that they may be wrong in an argument. I can be wrong, I have been before, and believe it or not, you can be wrong too. But once again, I dygress

You clearly came across as believing me wrong. Now you try to back out of that.

As to the second point: I was being fasictious, check the spelling there, I knew from the get go there was to way you or I could prove eachother wrong on the subject because there will always be exeptions to the rule.

Again, if you think there's a mind to be changed (even tho you know it won't be) then you think I am wrong. Homos are a scourge. It won't be long till it affects your own household.

As to the third point: Last time I saw a shrink was three years ago, by the request of several people I used to go to church with and a few of my coworkers, funny enough, it was shortly there after I gave up the faith, so, sorry, been there, done that. :)

That many people telling you something, maybe you should listen.

Rimi

Poly said:
I wonder why those who have a problem with beanieboy being ridiculed keep going on about it? Why can't they just wipe the dust from their sandals and move on?

Have to admit, it always gets me when Christians will stand up for homos and rebuke Christians. Homos by their very choices slap their Creator in the face, but no problemo. Love'm ta Jayzuz (my best southern accent, sorry). Christians who know the will of God in this speak up and they're being unChristlike . . . . which would make the homo what?

Someone tell me how it's good to keep certain people on this site?

Rimi

The Edge said:
See? Every time we point out the sin of certain people, they just point the finger somewhere else.

I'm not supporting Beanieboy or his sin. I just think it's unbiblical for a supposedly mature Christian to start a thread like this. They are the ones who should have wiped the sand from their feet and walked on to the next town.

As Jesus said "Let them alone, they are blind guides to the blind."

TOL is Christiantown. HE should leave.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Rimi said:
I don't see a problem with him staying as long as he follows the rules. Certain people here may be egging him on, trying to get him to trip up so they can can him.

It's the same way I try to win in tennis or racquetball; I have no real skill so I just play to stay alive and hope my opponent makes a mistake.

firechyld

Rimi:

I know that you're away from the site for a little while, but as my own access is limited at the moment I'll address all of this now.

So if some puts on the internet what an institute says, it doesn't count to you, unless it's what you want to hear. Yeah, I know.

People can, and will, put whatever they want on the internet. I have no problem with that. My issue is with people who believe everything they read on the internet without verifying it.

If you read a study on the internet, check it's authenticity and sources, make sure it hasn't been altered or taken out of context and check the credentials of the authors, then you have done research. If you just read a paragraph or two that's been stuck in the middle of a message board or website and start quoting it as gospel without bothering to look into the matter further, you haven't done research, you've listened to gossip. Pretty simple.

There's a reason why academic sources can't simply be URLs, you know.

I was only talking about polling fags, moron. Well, there was that homo dressed up as a cheap hooker (badly, I might add, he didn't have the legs for it) trying to pick up the drunk was asking me for change for a drink. Gotta luv Baltimore.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here.

I know that, as this thread is about beanie, and it's clear how he just loves to be the center of attention.

Actually, he doesn't have that much choice around here.

All of them will go thru the thread because they crave attention.

I don't think so. I haven't seen comments from any of the people who I was thinking of, and even I skipped straight to the end.

But if not, it's because they heard some truth and couldn't stand it, being the compulsive liars they are. Poll you? You would skew it because you're a compulsive liar

Ah, I see. And you've obviously based that opinion on the great many conversations you've had with me?

I am not a compulsive liar. What makes you say that I am? Simply the fact that I am not heterosexual?

You are a great example

I'm a great example of a compulsive liar who is desperate for attention? What makes you say that?

You're not doing much for your claim of not making baseless generalisations here. All you've done is focus them on one person instead of an entire subculture.

Uh, well, yeah as you hang out with them. Of course, you and they will probably being lying.

Hang out with them, work with them, live with them. But, of course, every single one of us must be lying about our childhoods just to throw you off the truth. :rolleyes: You're sounding a little paranoid there.

You've got the internet, use it.

What I want to know is what statistics you are basing your statements on... not which ones exist. I can't google what's in your head.

Have you? Oh, wait, you'll probably lie.

Why would I bother?

One need not be a professional to be able to read and reason reports.

No, but you usually need to be able to understand them before you can use them as a basis for a diagnosis.

So long as you realize that I am superior, whatevah. You are a victim. I am a survivor. I will always be superior to you unless you change.

I am not, and never have been, a victim. :)

What two verses, retard? You won't argue because you have no case.

Those two famous Biblical verses that form the basis of the entire case against homosexuality. I won't argue with someone basing their negative opinion of homosexuality on Scripture unless I'm invited to... it's not my place. But if you're trying to base your case on science, you need to provide proofs. That's how science works.

The science and statistics have been presented on this website many times and you deny it in fear and self-loathing. Lots of it.

Nothing scientific or statistical has been presented by you. :) And you're the one I'm asking.

How long have you been posting here, Rimi?

Now go cheat on your girlfriend with a man, ya know, like fomos do. Bet she's got a mean right hook!

I don't have a girlfriend. I have a boyfriend. And I have no plans to "cheat" on him.

No, you prove I'm lying about all the ones I've met, befriended and talked to.

No-one's saying you're lying. You're the one making the sweeping declaration of "lies!"

Here's something I don't understand: I don't know why they come here, homos, atheists, etc. Well, actually I do. I was doing some research on evolution/creationism and found several sites for atheists and homos. All these guys did was talk about what they were gonna do at some Christian site. They spent their time spewing offenses at Jesus Christ. Nothing deeper than that. Without us, they have nothing to discuss. Without Jesus they have nothing at all. Again, this goes for some homos sites, but I am speaking primarily the atheists. All the times I went there for about, oh a year, I never once stepped into their "discussions" because, hey, if I didn't like it I could leave. I didn't try to convince them or engage them because it was pointless. So, why do they come here? They have other places to go. But, no, you'll find them at every Christians discussion site. Sounds rather strange to me, unless they're willing to admit they're that boring.

It's good to know that you make baseless generalisations about everything, not just homosexuality. :rolleyes:

There have been a multitude of threads where non-Christian TOL users explain why they use the site. If you can't find one, start another. We've all answered the question enough times that I'm more than sure no-one would mind filling you in.

Beanie is hateful towards Christians by bothering them when he knows they don't want him around.

Not everyone here wants Beanie to quit the board. Not every Christian finds the prescence of people who aren't identical to themselves "bothersome".

beanieboy

Rimi said:

On Lake Woebegon.

This is a Christian oriented site, but you don't have to be a Christian to post.
There is no timeline to convert.
You don't have to convert.
You can remain an athiest, a buddhist, agnostic, etc.

Not my rules. If that bothers you, take it up with Knight.

beanieboy

firechyld said:
Not everyone here wants Beanie to quit the board. Not every Christian finds the prescence of people who aren't identical to themselves "bothersome".

I have been praying about this, actually.
There are some on the board that I don't have much problem with.
There are some that I find really insightful.

But there are some that I seem to be a thorn in their side.
I am accused of being rude, of lying, of being dishonest, or hating God, and I wonder what is underneath all of that anger. While I seem to be the target, I don't think I am truly the source of the anger. It seems to go much deeper than that.

From a psychological point of view, I find it fascinating. Just because a bully picks on you doesn't necessarily mean that you are the cause of anger, and most bullies are beaten by their parents, and then take it on other targets - those that they believe are weaker, those that they envy, those who are liked by others.

But it's a really deep anger that I still have yet to figure out.

Anyone have insights?

C

cattyfan

beanieboy said:
I have been praying about this, actually.
There are some on the board that I don't have much problem with.
There are some that I find really insightful.

But there are some that I seem to be a thorn in their side.
I am accused of being rude, of lying, of being dishonest, or hating God, and I wonder what is underneath all of that anger. While I seem to be the target, I don't think I am truly the source of the anger. It seems to go much deeper than that.

From a psychological point of view, I find it fascinating. Just because a bully picks on you doesn't necessarily mean that you are the cause of anger, and most bullies are beaten by their parents, and then take it on other targets - those that they believe are weaker, those that they envy, those who are liked by others.

But it's a really deep anger that I still have yet to figure out.

Anyone have insights?

this is a beautiful example of a point I've mentioned a number of times in previous posts: beanie as martyr..."poor me. I'm just a target for the misplaced anger of those mean Christians. I am just a sweet little poster who can't imagine why they dislike me so :angel: They're all just bullies picking on little 'ole me. And I never do anything to deserve their wrath..." :blabla:

taking no responsibility for the things he does to continually incite people: saying he doesn't believe in Christ, then saying he might believe, so it's o.k. for him to pick and choose parts of the Bible...parts he finds palatable...then trying to insult Christians with those same carefully edited parts. Ignoring the sections of that same Book that condemn his chosen lifestyle, and being indignant when posters have the audacity to point out the sections he's so carefully trying to pretend don't exist. Trying to lessen God and Christ by putting them in the same category as other "gods" and silly philosophers.

Gosh. I can't imagine why posters dislike him. :rolleyes:

beanie knows very well what problem most posters have with him, and he enjoys it. That's why he continues to participate in threads like this and jumps at the opportunity to beat his chest and wail about how mean everyone is to him. This has gone on for years.

This is why as soon as I see he's posting on a thread, more often than not I don't bother with that thread anymore. I'm tired of the childish antics and about every subject turning into beanieboy.

And, yes, I know this thread is about him...but he's managed to turn plenty of others into forums for his own little "poor me" game.

beanieboy

I don't see it like that at all.
Most of this thread is Christians debating whether other Christians are following Christ.
As a Buddhist, I conceded that it makes little sense for a Buddhist to quote scripture about how a Christian should behave.

Have you read the thread, Cattyfan? You see all of the anger from that last few posts directed from some Christians at other Christians, at firechild, etc., and see all of it as justified?

It's not a "poor me" thread. They are taking swings at anyone that questions them, and I just don't understand that. It seems the mode.

"You're a liar!" "You're an idiot"

Then on other threads, it's equally downer things, like, "Things I hate!"

Little joy. Little rejoicing. Rarely do I see a celebration of anything in life.
And that is what I am trying to understand.
There are many people here who seem quick to anger, and miserable.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I see what you're saying, beanie. They'd probably call me another one of those martyrs. But I don't care because I believe I stick up for what's right. I may not have chosen the best words, but I still stand against the mean style of Christianity displayed by some on this board, for a variety of reasons, not just the one they think. I don't know if its the bully syndrome though. They just like to pick on those they don't like. They accuse you and me of inciting them. I don't know your case because I don't read all the banter between you and them but I know in my case, I don't incite. I just respond when falsly attacked. I only respond when I feel it's needed. And I don't care one bit how liked or disliked I am if I stand for the truth and true CHristianity. The fact that I haven't sunk into the red yet shows I must have enough supporters that I"m doing something right.

Beanie, even though you are unregenerate, I have seen you interpret the Bible more correctly than some Christians here. They accuse you of picking and choosing. Perhaps you are, otherwise you'd be saved by now. But it is true that a Christian can take rebuke from an unbeliever correctly interpreting the Word just like they can from a believer. Do they somehow think it's not true just because it comes from your mouth? Sad. We can hear God's truth from anyone.

God bless

On Fire

From a sermon:

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

· purity

· peace loving

· consideration

· submissiveness

· mercy

· good fruit

· impartiality

· sincerity

· peacemaking

As an aside…we desperately need more peacemakers in the body of Christ. In our homes, in our church, in our government…and those peacemakers will be well schooled in humility and wisdom.

3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

· Humility - meekness = active attitude of deliberate acceptance the word was used to describe a horse that was broken and trained to submit to the bridle

- A meek person is very, very strong and under control

- This strength under control comes from repentance

8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

A meek person will always live with a low grade fever of sadness. Like Jesus…a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.

A 2nd quality…

3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

· Wisdom

o Wise about what? – wise about the way human beings work.

o Wise about yourself

o Wise about the way you work inside

o Wise to your own soul

James goes almost psychological on us and helps wizen us up to our own souls…

What is the source of anger? Where does it all kick off?

4:1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want.

The source of anger is unmet desires – I don’t get what I want

A wise person knows that where anger begins. Do you know that?

You see it most clearly developing in the check out line or the playground.

We all have superficially longings that lead to anger:

- I want to get to work on time

- I want some peace and quiet

And we all have deep longings that when they are challenged make us angry:

Significance = to have worth

Security = to be loved and cared for

When one of those deep longings is unmet – watch out.

Are you wise to this in you? Have you ever considered that the rage that boils inside comes right from here?

Healing starts right there…take it to God…confess it…ask him for meekness…before someone else gets hurt.

beanieboy

The Edge said:
Beanie, even though you are unregenerate, I have seen you interpret the Bible more correctly than some Christians here. They accuse you of picking and choosing. Perhaps you are, otherwise you'd be saved by now. But it is true that a Christian can take rebuke from an unbeliever correctly interpreting the Word just like they can from a believer. Do they somehow think it's not true just because it comes from your mouth? Sad. We can hear God's truth from anyone.

God bless

I thought that, until I saw the same attitude when other Christians rebuked them as well.

But even more than that is the anger boiling out towards anyone who challenges them, any one with a differing opinion. There are many Christians here who have the joy they proclaim to have, and others who simply say, "I am happy! So go to hell, you bleeping idiot!"

Yikes. It's that anger that I just don't get. The anger is the mode of being. So if one claims to have the peace that passes all understanding, and overflowing joy, where is it in those that seem so hostile?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
I thought that, until I saw the same attitude when other Christians rebuked them as well.

But even more than that is the anger boiling out towards anyone who challenges them, any one with a differing opinion. There are many Christians here who have the joy they proclaim to have, and others who simply say, "I am happy! So go to hell, you bleeping idiot!"

Yikes. It's that anger that I just don't get. The anger is the mode of being. So if one claims to have the peace that passes all understanding, and overflowing joy, where is it in those that seem so hostile?
I don't know where the anger comes from. The Scripture says be slow to anger, quick to listen. Anger is ok if you slowly arrive at it and it's Biblical but some ppl here get angry the second certain people speak.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:
I don't know where the anger comes from. The Scripture says be slow to anger, quick to listen. Anger is ok if you slowly arrive at it and it's Biblical but some ppl here get angry the second certain people speak.

True, very true. I think some of them just like to yell at people. Maybe it makes them feel big?

beanieboy

The Edge said:

As a Christian, I often felt like I was attacked from the outside world, so I guess when you feel like you are in the majority, the human thing is to attack back. And I suppose there is the general teenage angst. :( I miss my teenage angst, and playing The Smiths.

I am the sun....and the air.....

beanieboy

TheSearcher said:
True, very true. I think some of them just like to yell at people. Maybe it makes them feel big?

I think that what OnFire said is true. I'm sure if one is hurt in someway, like you say, they need to feel big by tearing others down.

But I feel like there is a LOT of healing that needs to happen here, and we should keep them in our prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.