What are the Real Reasons People Voted for Trump?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How do your parameters 'ensure' people find work again? Fast food work is hardly an enviable profession and has high enough turnovers as it is.
Its a paycheck untill they can get better.

If you were limiting the time for someone to be in receipt of financial aid depending on their getting such a job then the competition for landing employment would ironically make it even harder for people to get even the more "menial" jobs.
Everyone that can qualify for assistance never apply for it.

There are tons of jobs, just not the ones everyone "wants" and what you want doesnt matter if you need to eat.

There would be lots and lots of jobs without illegals taking them also.

Arthur Brain

Its a paycheck untill they can get better.

That's all any benefit payment is. It's not luxury by any stretch.
Everyone that can qualify for assistance never apply for it.

What?

There are tons of jobs, just not the ones everyone "wants" and what you want doesnt matter if you need to eat.

Rubbish. In a lot of areas there's a complete dearth of jobs, even in the more 'menial' variety. Heck, if you're above 25 then fast food outlets are likely to bin an application anyway. You're not realistic at all here.

There would be lots and lots of jobs without illegals taking them also.

Well, they work for less and are exploited by companies who take advantage of that, and who are pretty much allowed to do so. It's no wonder depression is so rife in this day and age eh?

Arthur Brain

Nice red herring. People use the "safety net" as a hammock.

It's not a 'red herring'. Were you or were you not opposed to any sort of governmental financial aid for those out of work? Nobody's disputing that any sort of welfare system isn't going to be abused.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's all any benefit payment is. It's not luxury by any stretch.

And thats how it should be, to not encourage a lifestyle out of it. Temporary help.

Rubbish. In a lot of areas there's a complete dearth of jobs, even in the more 'menial' variety. Heck, if you're above 25 then fast food outlets are likely to bin an application anyway. You're not realistic at all here.

Wrong. I see tons of older people working at fast food places all the time. This is america, not the uk.

Well, they work for less and are exploited by companies who take advantage of that, and who are pretty much allowed to do so. It's no wonder depression is so rife in this day and age eh?

You know that, and yet support illegal immigration anyway? Thats one of the strongest reasons that i am against it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes. Why should a person be less entitled to aid if they're unemployed at one point than another if they're looking for work?

So it doesn't become a lifestyle there should be a time limit. My own father worked 3 jobs to support us untill he had enough seniority that best paying job, didn't lay him off regularly.

He never applied for any public assistance.

Arthur Brain

And thats how it should be, to not encourage a lifestyle out of it. Temporary help.

Have you ever lived on benefits?

Wrong. I see tons of older people working at fast food places all the time. This is america, not the uk.

You probably see tons of different older people working at the same place without even realizing it as well. Still, I think you're exaggerating anyway. Fast food outlets are notorious for employing teenagers as they're more likely to do such a job in the short term and are more malleable as employees. You don't see many Kevin Spacey's at a Macdonalds' for a reason Angel...;)

You know that, and yet support illegal immigration anyway? Thats one of the strongest reasons that i am against it.

Not sure where I said I supported 'illegal' immigration exactly?

Arthur Brain

So it doesn't become a lifestyle there should be a time limit. My own father worked 3 jobs to support us untill he had enough seniority that best paying job, didn't lay him off regularly.

He never applied for any public assistance.

And what of those who don't find work inside the time limit? Just make do and try and live off a bowl of rice a day until they land a job?

Nice...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Have you ever lived on benefits?

Unemployment benefits? Yep. Food stamps, yep, emergency ones - 90 days.

You probably see tons of different older people working at the same place without even realizing it as well. Still, I think you're exaggerating anyway. Fast food outlets are notorious for employing teenagers as they're more likely to do such a job in the short term and are more malleable as employees.

Because they do not pay well. Not because they "trash" older peoples applications like you wrongly claimed.

You don't see many Kevin Spacey's at a Macdonalds' for a reason Angel...;)

tumblr_m9l07uu2g31resh04o1_500.png

But really, he was a shoe clerk to work his way through, like a great many americans have and do.

Kevin was having to work his way through school. When he bolted from the school to pursue stand up comedy, and acting roles on his own, he took a job in New York City selling shoes to help make ends meet. Every time you hear about an actor taking a job outside of waiting tables to fund their audition habit, it’s impressive. Kevin continued to pay his dues, audition for plays, films and other artistic endeavors, and by the mid-1980s, he had enjoyed some serious progress in his pursuit. By the late 1980s/early 1990s, Kevin was enjoying the spoils of an acting career. Not bad for a shoe salesman.

Not sure where I said I supported 'illegal' immigration exactly?
Oh you dont? Thats great!

Arthur Brain

Unemployment benefits? Yep. Food stamps, yep, emergency ones - 90 days.

I'll bet it wasn't fun was it? How much less fun would it have been to have been denied even that?

Because they do not pay well. Not because they "trash" older peoples applications like you wrongly claimed.

Of course they don't pay well, they pay the bare minimum they can get away with because staff turnover is like a conveyor belt. You missed my point with regards to older employees and surely you can see why? Older people are not likely to stand for being treat like a dispensable number as a teenager is, so do the math.

tumblr_m9l07uu2g31resh04o1_500.png

But really, he was a shoe clerk to work his way through, like a great many americans have and do.

American Beauty is such a brilliant film, on so many levels.

:)

Oh you dont? Thats great!

Illegal immigration no, though I can understand why people are desperate to escape despotic regimes that leave people in poverty. One thing we don't have to worry about in the West for the most part thankfully.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'll bet it wasn't fun was it? How much less fun would it have been to have been denied even that?

I paid for them, out of my taxes, and where have i complained about them? (hint, i havent and did you notice the 90 day thing, not years. )

Where have you seen me say all public assistance should end completely? You havent. I used to volunteer at head start.

Of course they don't pay well, they pay the bare minimum they can get away with because staff turnover is like a conveyor belt. You missed my point with regards to older employees and surely you can see why? Older people are not likely to stand for being treat like a dispensable number as a teenager is, so do the math.

If its all that is available and they want to eat, they will work in one and if they want a career out of it, work hard and move up or on. Or should, so we should make and ensure public assistance is limited.

They shouldnt pay well, either its entry level and its not made to support ones family unless they manage the place.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And what of those who don't find work inside the time limit? Just make do and try and live off a bowl of rice a day until they land a job?

Nice...

You havent even bothered to ask me what time limit i put on it and what conditions (we are talking about strong healthy able bodied people)

Rice wont fill a belly? Its better than air.

Gurucam

Beware of Glassjester who seeks to corrupt Christianity.

Beware of Glassjester who seeks to corrupt Christianity.

Beware of unawares false spying brethren who seek to return you (Christians) to bondage under the ten commandments:

Indeed, beware of Glassjester, who corruptly seeks to return Christians to bondage under the ten commandments.

Galatians: 2 KJV N.T.
4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage

The following clarify what 'bondage' in the above refers to:

Galatians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Additionally, Christians are instructed to transgress the 'thou shall not covet' commandments so as to serve in the newness of spirit and love. More precisely one is instructed to dissolve and walk away from one's marriage/union that is under the ten commandments and form new unions/marriages, with new and different spouses, that are urged by spirit and love.

This is in order to stop bringing forth children of the flesh, like Ishmael and start bringing forth only children of God, like Isaac. It is also clearly confirmed that the 'thou shall not covet' commandment killeth:

Romans: 7 KJV N.T.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Additionally, Christians have God given freedom, liberty and justification to transgress the ten commandments and not get sin but instead be glorified by God:

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

2 Corinthians: 3 King James Version (KJV)
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Acts: 13 King James Version (KJV)
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Truth is: Christians have God given freedom, liberty and justification to transgress the ten commandments and not get sin but instead be glorified by God:

Those who deny truth end up weeping and gnashing their teeth in bitter disappointment. like Clinton & co.:

Luke: 13 King James Version (KJV)
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Please do not be deceived by unawares false spying brethren who seek to return you to bondage under the ten commandments:

Galatians: 2 KJV N.T.
4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage

Christians are New people in spirit/Spirit, grace and Christ. Christians are not at all Old people in Moses and the ten commandments. Christians are not at all entangled with bondage under the ten commandments. Christians transgress the ten commandments so as to serve spirit/love, unconditionally.

Galatians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Do not let false prophet deny you authentic and clear revelations from the Holy KJV N.T. so as to put you in bondage, under their O.T./ten commandments agenda. You will err and not be saved and chosen:

Mark: 12 King James Version (KJV)
24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Indeed, Glassjester seems intent on serving Satanic anti-Christian verses. Please note the many green quotes in this post. They are all literal verses from the Holy KJV N.T.

Glassjester seems unable to serve up any scriptural support for his anti-abortion and other common Catholic ideas and/or stances. Demand nothing less from Glassjester.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

I paid for them, out of my taxes, and where have i complained about them? (hint, i havent and did you notice the 90 day thing, not years. )

Who said you had complained? I asked you if it was fun to be on benefits, so was it? I'm guessing no, right?

Where have you seen me say all public assistance should end completely? You havent. I used to volunteer at head start.

Fair play to you for Volunteering. I've worked as a volunteer for Oxfam in turn. What kind of 'pubic assistance' do you advocate for those out of work and no longer eligible for welfare etc?

If its all that is available and they want to eat, they will work in one and if they want a career out of it, work hard and move up or on. Or should, so we should make and ensure public assistance is limited.

Oh, nice attitude there Angel. You are seriously deluded if you think a fifty year old is likely to make any sort of career in a fast food chain. And what do you mean by 'move up or on' exactly? If that's the only work available then there is no 'on'. :doh:

They shouldnt pay well, either its entry level and its not made to support ones family unless they manage the place.

Why shouldn't they pay well? What is it about the service provided that means people shouldn't have a decent income including older people whereby these are the only jobs that are available? You don't see a problem with that? You're the one mandating that people out of work have to take jobs like this...

Arthur Brain

You havent even bothered to ask me what time limit i put on it and what conditions (we are talking about strong healthy able bodied people)

Rice wont fill a belly? Its better than air.

Well, certainly better than hot air that's for sure...

:plain:

When was the last time you had limited options of what to eat Angel?

Oh, and sure, what time constraints would you put on it exactly?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Who said you had complained? I asked you if it was fun to be on benefits, so was it? I'm guessing no, right?

Fair play to you for Volunteering. I've worked as a volunteer for Oxfam in turn. What kind of 'pubic assistance' do you advocate for those out of work and no longer eligible for welfare etc?

Oh, nice attitude there Angel. You are seriously deluded if you think a fifty year old is likely to make any sort of career in a fast food chain. And what do you mean by 'move up or on' exactly? If that's the only work available then there is no 'on'. :doh:

Why shouldn't they pay well? What is it about the service provided that means people shouldn't have a decent income including older people whereby these are the only jobs that are available? You don't see a problem with that? You're the one mandating that people out of work have to take jobs like this...

No, even an older person can go back to school, and if they need assistance, they qualify for grants. Maybe you need to study up being as you dont seem to know how it works over here.

Or do you cater to the retarded thinking that taking money and handing a bag of food out of a window, should pay what a paramedic (who went to school) makes?