What are the Real Reasons People Voted for Trump?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what would you advocate for those out of work then?
Do what people have done for centuries that don't have as much as others ------- do without and make do the best you can.
Double up with others that are having a hard time.

FORCING others to hold your head above water has never worked, and it still doesn't work.
The sad fact is that some folks will not survive.
It's always been that way and always will be

glassjester

It's not being overlooked or ignored, I simply fail to see any good theology or rationale that abortion is murder. I think that Rome went a bit draconian on many matters when Christianity took over, and abortion was something they overly judged.

How far along in development must a human be in order for you to consider their deliberate killing to be murder?

Arthur Brain

Do what people have done for centuries that don't have as much as others ------- do without and make do the best you can.
Double up with others that are having a hard time.

FORCING others to hold your head above water has never worked, and it still doesn't work.
The sad fact is that some folks will not survive.
It's always been that way and always will be

Well they certainly won't survive with an attitude like that. It's true that any society will always have the poor but without a safety net to protect those in need there'd be more and more who wouldn't survive. Was the rich man right in denying Lazarus even the crumbs off his table? Essentially that's what you advocate if you deny those in hard times any aid.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well they certainly won't survive with an attitude like that. It's true that any society will always have the poor but without a safety net to protect those in need there'd be more and more who wouldn't survive. Was the rich man right in denying Lazarus even the crumbs off his table? Essentially that's what you advocate if you deny those in hard times any aid.
I don't deny crumbs.
I willingly help those I see in need.
And I would have more to do that with if the gov would quit stealing money out of my pocket.

Arthur Brain

I don't deny crumbs.
I willingly help those I see in need.
And I would have more to do that with if the gov would quit stealing money out of my pocket.

Well, you do if you deny the poor any recourse to aid outside of arbitrary charity, that's actually exactly what you're doing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well they certainly won't survive with an attitude like that.
They haven't been surviving with your attitude either.
None of them are getting out of the slums for it.
All it is doing is dragging a lot of the middle class down to the slums with them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, you do if you deny the poor any recourse to aid outside of arbitrary charity, that's actually exactly what you're doing.
If it's ok to steal to help the poor, then let them rob stores for what they need (or their neighbors stuff).
Hot wire cars from the dealerships (or their neighbors car).
Heck, just rob a bank.

I mean, you would be heartless to object.

Arthur Brain

They haven't been surviving with your attitude either.
None of them are getting out of the slums for it.
All it is doing is dragging a lot of the middle class down to the slums with them.

How the heck do you know how many people have or haven't managed to 'get out of the slums' as you so put it? Many, if not most people find themselves out of work for periods of time and in some run down areas work is scarce as it is. The safety net doesn't protect everyone unfortunately as even in place there's those who fall through it. I lived in one of the cities with the biggest homeless problem for five years and that was down to red tape more than anything else. You would remove even a system that affords those on hard times the aid to survive and moan on about taxes. Well, how about you take that same chagrin to the money wasted by government on other areas that you're forced to pay into? Cos you sure don't have much empathy for those down on their luck. Heck, you may have given Lazarus a sandwich if you were about at the time but if he died it seems as though he was just another who 'didn't survive' by the same token. Plus, the system you bemoan so much would actually afford you the same protection if you were ever to fall on hard times yourself. You could choose to not avail yourself of such but you don't get to judge those who do or the only realistic system that can make sure that most people are catered for, regardless of 'class'.

Arthur Brain

If it's ok to steal to help the poor, then let them rob stores for what they need (or their neighbors stuff).
Hot wire cars from the dealerships (or their neighbors car).
Heck, just rob a bank.

I mean, you would be heartless to object.

Um, yeah, so any governmental safety net to finance aid to those out of work is 'stealing' from others.

:plain:

glassjester

Why a government safety net? Why not a social/personal one?

Strong family bonds, friendships, neighborly care should be the make-up of a "safety net."

Is it the government's fault if entire populations care nothing for their neighbors?
Are we in need of a leftward shift in government, or a shift in culture?

Arthur Brain

Why a government safety net? Why not a social/personal one?

Strong family bonds, friendships, neighborly care should be the make-up of a "safety net."

Is it the government's fault if entire populations care nothing for their neighbors?
Are we in need of a leftward shift in government, or a shift in culture?

What bonds did Lazarus have?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Um, yeah, so any governmental safety net to finance aid to those out of work is 'stealing' from others.

:plain:
When they forcibly take money from my pocket, yes it's stealing.
You talk like I'm against charity.
I'm not.
I'm against stealing.

The welfare money the gov spends is not from charitable donations.
They stole the money and slipped into the 'tax' bracket to disguise the fact it is stealing.

Arthur Brain

When they forcibly take money from my pocket, yes it's stealing.
You talk like I'm against charity.
I'm not.
I'm against stealing.

The welfare money the gov spends is not from charitable donations.
They stole the money and slipped into the 'tax' bracket to disguise the fact it is stealing.

Well you hardly come across as anyone with empathy for the poor. I've paid taxes into the system and I've no problem at all with that including a safety net for those out of work, disabled, sick etc. I don't see it as having money stolen from myself. Geez, if 'stealing' is your issue then how much of your taxes go on projects that you wouldn't support in turn? I certainly wouldn't target the poor with that, especially as I and others are covered by the very same.