unfinished business

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Merriam-Webster's definition: "a person who is not Jewish"

The law of the State of Israel:

The Law of Return
July 5, 1950

Amendment No. 2 5730-1970*
1. In the Law of Return, 5710-1950**, the following sections shall be inserted after section 4:

4B. For the purposes of this Law, "Jew" means a person who was born of a Jewish mother or has become converted to Judaism and who is not a member of another religion.​

This is how the State of Israel defines Jew.

Yeah, I know, I have Jewish friends in Israel and friends who have had to prove their Jewishness by todays standards.
But Scriptural context and definition says otherwise.
You're trying to cram today's definitions back 2000 years.

Paul's context is Israel vs the nations/gentiles.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul's context is Israel vs the nations/gentiles.

The majority of Israel was gone in Paul's day, but they will eventually be joined together again.

Thus says the Lord GOD: "Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his companions and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick and they will be one in My hand. (Ezekiel 37:19)

I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel and one king shall be king over them all, they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again. (Ezekiel 37:22)​

In the KJV, the first place the word Jews was used Israel was at war with the Jews. (2 Kings 16:5-6 KJV)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The majority of Israel was gone in Paul's day, but they will eventually be joined together again.

Thus says the Lord GOD: "Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his companions and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick and they will be one in My hand. (Ezekiel 37:19)

I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel and one king shall be king over them all, they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again. (Ezekiel 37:22)​

In the KJV, the first place the word Jews was used Israel was at war with the Jews. (2 Kings 16:5-6)

True.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why aren't you saved now?

I am saved now.

Those of us who are saved today are saved now and sealed the moment we trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation.

Agreed and we are kept in this justified state now and forever, by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If you see "the gospel of Christ proclaimed by Peter in Acts 10" you do not know what is the gospel of Christ.

There is only one Christ, so there is only one Gospel of Christ, that provides sinners justification through one faith, gifted by grace from the one Holy Spirit, by the sole means of His one calling and one baptism of one elect people, into fellowship, with the one God and Father of all.

See Ephesians 4:4-6

musterion

1 Cor 15:9-11

You are an admitted agnostic. Your honesty was refreshing but you said your doubts about the Bible outweigh the saving Gospel, which you had shared with you but which you choose not to believe.

Just making sure everyone in this thread knows that, and considers it before choosing to reply to you.

Sonnet

1 Corinthins 15:3-11
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

Peter was an apostle and Paul and the apostles preached the gospel (Christ's death, burial, resurrection and appearance).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is only one Christ, so there is only one Gospel of Christ, that provides sinners justification through one faith, gifted by grace from the one Holy Spirit, by the sole means of His one calling and one baptism of one elect people, into fellowship, with the one God and Father of all.

See Ephesians 4:4-6

Once you add "Calvinist false doctrine" to the mix, confusion dominates the conversation.

Sonnet

You are an admitted agnostic. Your honesty was refreshing but you said your doubts about the Bible outweigh the saving Gospel, which you had shared with you but which you choose not to believe.

Just making sure everyone in this thread knows that, and considers it before choosing to reply to you.

Ok, but why is that relevant? We know that some that profess belief aren't bona fide - Jesus says so himself.

musterion

There is only one Christ,

But more than one aspect of Him shown to us in the Bible. Paul himself draws this very important distinction.

2 Cor 5:16

Rom 16:25 cf Rom 1:3

Same Christ, two aspects, two intents, two audiences, two Gospels. Both 100% true, but only one in force today.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinists stand guilty of misinterpretation of Scripture. They add their false gospel and false doctrine to the truth of Scripture in its purest form, which causes chaos and controversy. They desire to have Scripture match their false doctrine and, in order to do so, must misinterpret Scripture.

musterion

Christ according to the revealing of the secret given through Paul =/= Christ according to the flesh, according to prophecy as far back as Genesis.

Are both aspects of the same Christ? ABSOLUTELY YES.

Are both true? ABSOLUTELY YES.

Are both aspects identical and interchangable with one another (making Paul's making the distinction meaningless)? NO.

Consider...two aspects of Christ...

One earthly, physical, of the flesh, of the people, and focused on that people (Israel) before everyone else. The good news here was the Gospel of the long-prophesied Kingdom.

The other heavenly, glorified, freely saving all without any differences or distinction. This good news -- today's good news -- is the previously hidden Gospel of the grace of God.

Two equally true but very different and incompatible Gospels.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ according to the revealing of the secret given through Paul =/= Christ according to the flesh, according to prophecy as far back as Genesis.

Are both aspects of the same Christ? ABSOLUTELY YES.

Are both true? ABSOLUTELY YES.

Are both aspects identical and interchangable with one another (making Paul's making the distinction meaningless)? NO.

Consider...two aspects of Christ...

One earthly, physical, of the flesh, of the people, and focused on that people (Israel) before everyone else. That was the Gospel of the long-prophesied Kingdom.

The other heavenly, glorified, freely saving all without any differences or distinction. That is the previously hidden Gospel of the grace of God.

Two equally true but very different and incompatible Gospels.

Very good post.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
But more than one aspect of Him shown to us in the Bible. Paul himself draws this very important distinction.

2 Cor 5:16

Rom 16:25 cf Rom 1:3

Same Christ, two aspects, two intents, two audiences, two Gospels. Both 100% true, but only one in force today.

There is only one Jesus Christ; thus there is only one Gospel promising the "only begotten Son" to men, with the sole and Godly intent to save sinners through His one Person.

All the rest of your MAD theory of numerous gospels is invented, unnecessary, unbiblical, and therefore insults the revealed Truth of God.