unfinished business

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is only one Jesus Christ; thus there is only one Gospel promising the "only begotten Son" to men, with the sole and Godly intent to save sinners through His one Person.

All the rest of your MAD theory of numerous gospels is invented, unnecessary, unbiblical, and therefore insults the revealed Truth of God.

Your, "truth of God" would be Calvinism.

musterion

thus there is only one Gospel promising the "only begotten Son" TO MEN, with the sole and Godly intent to save SINNERS through His one Person.

That is exactly where Reformed theology, for all it's fetishizing of pettifogging hairsplitting, fails you. The issue here is not so much WHAT God intended to do, but WHEN and HOW He intended to do it.

God had never promised to save pagan dog Gentiles by any means OTHER than coming to Him through Israel, the only chosen nation. This prioritizing of peoples was very much in place with the Gospel of the Kingdom preached in the Gospels and Acts, as demonstrated by the example of Cornelius.

TODAY, with the previously unrevealed Gospel of the grace of God, all of that is temporarily suspended. Any and all may freely come to Christ and be forgiven and justified on the sole condition of faith, completely apart from (indeed, in spite of) Israel which today is set aside in stumbled blindness of unbelief just as all other nations had been at Babel.

You'll refuse all this, of course. You need not reply saying so. We already know.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Christ according to the revealing of the secret given through Paul =/= Christ according to the flesh, according to prophecy as far back as Genesis.

Are both aspects of the same Christ? ABSOLUTELY YES.

Are both true? ABSOLUTELY YES.

Are both aspects identical and interchangable with one another (making Paul's making the distinction meaningless)? NO.

Consider...two aspects of Christ...

One earthly, physical, of the flesh, of the people, and focused on that people (Israel) before everyone else. The good news here was the Gospel of the long-prophesied Kingdom.

The other heavenly, glorified, freely saving all without any differences or distinction. This good news -- today's good news -- is the previously hidden Gospel of the grace of God.

Two equally true but very different and incompatible Gospels.

Sorry, but all I see in your theory, is very poor Christology . . In that you make attempt to divide the hypostatic union of natures that abide in Christ Jesus forever.

His flesh and divine natures were perfectly united in order to work the salvation of His brethren. Hebrews 2:14-18

musterion

Sorry, but all I see in your theory, is very poor Christology . . In that you make attempt to divide the hypostatic union of natures that abide in Christ Jesus forever.

His flesh and divine natures were perfectly united in order to work the salvation of His brethren. Hebrews 2:14-18

For those who see this exchange:

Note that the above canned reply does not address what I said. It is a reply either from an unsound mind incapable of simple comprehension, or is that of a deliberate troll. I'll stop wasting my time because I don't care which one is the case. But one of them is the case.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Note that the above canned reply does not address what I said. It is a reply either from an unsound mind incapable of simple comprehension, or is that of a deliberate troll. I'll stop wasting my time because I don't care which one is the case. But one of them is the case.

She, like many other Calvinists, have suffered through years of "Reformed Theology" and have been thoroughly brainwashed to the very core of their mind.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That is exactly where Reformed theology, for all it's fetishizing of pettifogging hairsplitting, fails you. The issue here is not so much WHAT God intended to do, but WHEN and HOW He intended to do it.

There is no separating what God intended to do, from when and how He accomplished His will. All was ordained. One package of perfect achievement!

God had never promised to save pagan dog Gentiles by any means OTHER than coming to Him through Israel, the only chosen nation.

From the nation of Israel, the Elect Israel of God was brought into this world to save sinners.

Your refusal to acknowledge Jesus Christ as the true, spiritual "Israel" messes up your entire belief system.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is no separating what God intended to do, from when and how He accomplished His will. All was ordained. One package of perfect achievement!

From the nation of Israel, the Elect Israel of God was brought into this world to save sinners.

Your refusal to acknowledge Jesus Christ as the true, spiritual "Israel" messes up your entire belief system.

"Calvinist Speak."

Nang

TOL Subscriber

For your own sake, you really should consider the Theological danger of suggesting different purposes supposedly decreed for The Son of Man and the Son of God.

Such is very unsound and unorthodox Christology . . .