ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorydaz

That salvation today is by grace through faith; not of ourselves: the gift of God, not of works refutes your preaching of another Jesus and your works based bad news.

What a joke.

Christ preached the Truth... The truth didn't change and never will.

Another one rears his evil head to reject God's GIFT of salvation.

Spitting on the Grace of God has become a habit around here. :nono:

Spitting on the free gift of the Grace of GOD through Christ would be to ignore it....which is what you promote seemingly.

You're one who calls it "a joke", carnal man. :rolleyes:

DAN P

Not talking about works, we're talking about repentance, which is NOT a work. It's an attitude.

Hi and andyc has not READ doing WORKS BEFITTING the change of mind !!

Billy was an evangelist and NOT a the Theologian !!

How many good WORKS BEFITTING repantance did you bring to PROVE you were saved , andyc ??

Read Acts 26:20 right ??

dan p

God's Truth

Thank you for proving you are not saved. :e4e:

You spit on the Grace of God and His gift of Salvation. You stand up and shout, "God is NOT KIND. He is NOT merciful. I had to earn my salvation."

Eph. 2:4-8 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​

God gives the gift to those who obey Him.

You go in circles and now need to be reminded that faith alone is dead and those scriptures about 'not of works' are about not of circumcision and purification works.

marhig

@marhig

Last Saturday, I had a JW admit she couldn't tell me what I still need, upon learning that I'm complete in Christ -- completely forgiven, declared dead, raised anew, justified and sealed in Him and already in His Kingdom. After showing her all that, and more, I asked her to tell me what I still must have that only the Watchtower can provide. She had nothing to offer me.

Then I said to her that if everything I have based on Paul's promises from Christ is also free to anyone else, which it is, but she does not have any of it, what would be the reasonable thing for her to do? That's when her husband came and got her and they left.

This you wrote because I wrote that we are to obey God?

None of those things you have written can happen until we obey God. Without obedience there is no new birth, because God gives his Spirit to those who obey him. All the apostles obeyed Jesus, if they hadn't have obeyed him do you think that they would have been blessed with the Spirit? If they hadn't of left everything and followed Jesus when he said follow me. If Paul hadn't of done what he was told when he met Christ do you think that he would have been blessed with the Spirit? If those who were blind and lame didn't do what Jesus told them to do, do you think that they would have been healed?. No, they wouldn't. Christ Jesus was preaching the gospel of God and God was in him reconciling the world unto himself, but those who heard the word and truly believe are those who repent and obey through faith. And then in God's time we are blessed with the Holy Spirit by the grace of God.

We won't be blessed with the Spirit until we obey God, and we aren't saved until we are born again of the Spirit, because the Spirit of God comes with power, and helps us to overcome our flesh and this world, saving us from this untoward world of sin and death daily as we walk in the Spirit.

When Jesus saw the man in the temple, the man whom he had healed, and said to him that he must go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon him, do you think that if the man has disobeyed him that he still would have been ok? No, he wouldn't, and we too we are to obey, when we know in our hearts that it is wrong before God to do something, we are to listen to our conscience and turn away and pray to God for strength and we are not to do it. We are to obey God. And if we are walking in the Spirit, through faith by the grace of God, we can overcome anything in this world, because he who is in those born of God, is stronger than he who is in the world.

We are not complete in God until we are born anew, and we are not born anew until we are blessed with the Holy Spirit within, and we are not blessed with the Spirit until we have true faith and obey God. And those born of God are dead and their lives hidden in Christ, because the ways of our flesh is dying as Christ is increasing in our hearts. As John the Baptist said, I must decrease and he must increase, and so it is for us, we must decrease and die to self, our old man gone, and start to turn away from sin daily, and Christ must increase and grow within our hearts, and once his life is made manifest in our hearts through the power of the Spirit, we are then strengthened to turn from sin and we are being changed and justified by being made just by the Spirit of Christ within

Acts 5:32

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

musterion

This you wrote because I wrote that we are to obey God?

None of those things you have written can happen until we obey God. Without obedience there is no new birth, because God gives his Spirit to those who obey him. All the apostles obeyed Jesus, if they hadn't have obeyed him do you think that they would have been blessed with the Spirit? If they hadn't of left everything and followed Jesus when he said follow me. If Paul hadn't of done what he was told when he met Christ do you think that he would have been blessed with the Spirit? If those who were blind and lame didn't do what Jesus told them to do, do you think that they would have been healed?. No, they wouldn't. Christ Jesus was preaching the gospel of God and God was in him reconciling the world unto himself, but those who heard the word and truly believe are those who repent and obey through faith. And then in God's time we are blessed with the Holy Spirit by the grace of God.

We won't be blessed with the Spirit until we obey God, and we aren't saved until we are born again of the Spirit, because the Spirit of God comes with power, and helps us to overcome our flesh and this world, saving us from this untoward world of sin and death daily as we walk in the Spirit.

When Jesus saw the man in the temple, the man whom he had healed, and said to him that he must go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon him, do you think that if the man has disobeyed him that he still would have been ok? No, he wouldn't, and we too we are to obey, when we know in our hearts that it is wrong before God to do something, we are to listen to our conscience and turn away and pray to God for strength and we are not to do it. We are to obey God. And if we are walking in the Spirit, through faith by the grace of God, we can overcome anything in this world, because he who is in those born of God, is stronger than he who is in the world.

We are not complete in God until we are born anew, and we are not born anew until we are blessed with the Holy Spirit within, and we are not blessed with the Spirit until we have true faith and obey God. And those born of God are dead and their lives hidden in Christ, because the ways of our flesh is dying as Christ is increasing in our hearts. As John the Baptist said, I must decrease and he must increase, and so it is for us, we must decrease and die to self, our old man gone, and start to turn away from sin daily, and Christ must increase and grow within our hearts, and once his life is made manifest in our hearts through the power of the Spirit, we are then strengthened to turn from sin and we are being changed and justified by being made just by the Spirit of Christ within

Acts 5:32

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

That JW couldn't argue with what the Bible says.

popsthebuilder

You all believe false gospels.
Oh?

Please list the true gospel; the separate false gospels we speak of; and outline the differences and how each affects one's life towards salvation or recognition of salvation, or is against salvation.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

marhig

That JW couldn't argue with what the Bible says.
Then you can't argue with what is clearly written in acts 5. That we are to obey God before we receive the Holy Spirit. That's what the Bible says, don't you agree with that?

musterion

Then you can't argue with what is clearly written in acts 5. That we are to obey God before we receive the Holy Spirit. That's what the Bible says, don't you agree with that?

I did obey God by believing Paul's gospel. Now I have total forgiveness of all sin by the cross, complete justification in Christ, no condemnationstatus (dead to Law), have already been transferred into the kingdom of Christ and an even now seated with him in the heavenlies...and much more.

Tell the truth: what must I have that is not covered by all that, which only the Watchtower can provide?

marhig

You all believe false gospels.
Why is it a false gospel that I believe in? The gospel that Jesus preached isn't false and that's the gospel that I believe in. Just because you don't follow what he teaches, saying that it's not for you, doesn't mean that the way that i believe is false. The teachings of Christ Jesus are for all of us.

marhig

I did obey God by believing Paul's gospel. Now I have total forgiveness of all sin by the cross, complete justification in Christ, no condemnationstatus (dead to Law), have already been transferred into the kingdom of Christ and an even now seated with him in the heavenlies.

What must I have that is not covered by all that, which only the Watchtower can provide?
Well if your not obeying God, in your life, then you won't receive the Holy Spirit according to the Bible, regardless of what you believe!

popsthebuilder

I did obey God by believing Paul's gospel. Now I have total forgiveness of all sin by the cross, complete justification in Christ, no condemnationstatus (dead to Law), have already been transferred into the kingdom of Christ and an even now seated with him in the heavenlies...and much more.

Tell the truth: what must I have that is not covered by all that, which only the Watchtower can provide?
How very vain of any to consider themselves now seated at the right hand of GOD.

wholly against scripture too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

marhig

Jesus wasn't talking to or about you.
He was talking to everyone, Jews and gentiles, he wasn't a light to the gentiles for nothing. He preached to all. And those who belong to him are brought together, Jews and gentiles to become one through Christ. We are all Jews inwardly circumcised of the heart. Thus his teachings are for us.