ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drbrumley

Replacement theology (also known as supersessionism) essentially teaches that the church has replaced Israel in God’s plan. Adherents of replacement theology believe the Jews are no longer God’s chosen people, and God does not have specific future plans for the nation of Israel. All the different views of the relationship between the church and Israel can be divided into two camps: either the church is a continuation of Israel (replacement/covenant theology), or the church is completely different and distinct from Israel (dispensationalism/premillennialism).
Replacement theology teaches that the church is the replacement for Israel and that the many promises made to Israel in the Bible are fulfilled in the Christian church, not in Israel. So, the prophecies in Scripture concerning the blessing and restoration of Israel to the Promised Land are “spiritualized” or “allegorized” into promises of God’s blessing for the church. Major problems exist with this view, such as the continuing existence of the Jewish people throughout the centuries and especially with the revival of the modern state of Israel. If Israel has been condemned by God, and there is no future for the Jewish nation, how do we explain the supernatural survival of the Jewish people over the past 2000 years despite the many attempts to destroy them? How do we explain why and how Israel reappeared as a nation in the 20th century after not existing for 1900 years?

The Church (The Replacements in bold)
U.S. Membership Denominational Ranking: Largest 25 Denominations/Communions –2004 Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches
1. The Roman Catholic Church – 66,407,105
2. Southern Baptist Convention – 16, 427, 736
3. The United Methodist Church – 8,251,042
4. The Church of God in Christ – 5,499,875
5. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – 5,410,544
6. Evangelical Lutheran Church in America – 5,038,006
7. National Baptist Convention, U.S.A., Inc. – 5,000,000
8. National Baptist Convention of America, Inc. – 3,500,000
9. Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) – 3,407,329
10. Assemblies of God – 2,687,366
11. The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod – 2,512,714
12. African Methodist Episcopal Church – 2,500,000
13. National Missionary Baptist Convention of America – 2,500,000
14. Progressive National Baptist Convention Inc. – 2,500,000
15. The Episcopal Church – 2,333,628
16. Churches of Christ, Corsicana, Texas – 1,500,000
17. Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America – 1,500,000
18. Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc. – 1,500,000
19. American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A. – 1,484,291
20. African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church – 1,430,795
21. United Church of Christ – 1,330,985
22. Baptist Bible Fellowship International – 1,200,000
23. Christian Churches and Churches of Christ, Joplin, Mo. – 1,071,616
24. Jehovah’s Witnesses – 1,022,397
25. Church of God, Cleveland, Tenn., – 944,857

https://amos37.com/replacement-denominations/

Last edited:

drbrumley

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Supersessionism, also called replacement theology or fulfillment theology, is a Christian doctrine which has parallels in Islam.

In Christianity, supersessionism is a theological view on the current status of the church in relation to the Jewish people and Judaism. It holds that the Christian Church has succeeded the Israelites as the definitive people of God or that the New Covenant has replaced or superseded the Mosaic covenant. From a supersessionist's "point of view, just by continuing to exist [outside the Church], the Jews dissent".

This view directly contrasts with dual-covenant theology which holds that the Mosaic covenant remains valid for Jews.

Supersessionism has formed a core tenet of the Church for the majority of its existence. Subsequent to and because of the Holocaust, some mainstream Christian theologians and denominations have rejected supersessionism.

The Islamic tradition views Islam as the final and most authentic expression of Abrahamic prophetic monotheism, superseding both Jewish and Christian teachings.[7] The doctrine of tahrif teaches that earlier monotheistic scriptures or their interpretations have been corrupted, while the Quran presents a pure version of the divine message that they originally contained.[8]

glorydaz

Even demons believe and do something.

You don't know the difference between mental assent and believing unto righteousness....a matter of the heart.

Which is also why you cannot comprehend the obedience of faith.

It's not obedience with faith, but the obedience OF faith.

Vocabulary comprehension is not your strong suit, I know. :chew:

Danoh

That's what Jesus says. It is very biblical.

You're right...and yet...also wrong.

The spiritual Jew that John 4; John 5; John 8; and so on are actually talking about, is an individual from the physical seed of Abraham, who worships the God of their fathers, in spirit and in truth.

Again, in all that, a spiritual Jew is represented as a physical son of Abraham who not only kept the Law, but actually believed the Law or Moses.

John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

See that?

Theirs was merely outward performance.

Theirs was about impressing one another about what good, Law keeping Jews they were.

And what was God looking for in these Law keeping physical sons of Abraham?

Their actually having believed Moses.

Which they had failed to do.

5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

He was looking for those of the physical sons of Abraham who actually worshipped the God of their fathers in their keeping of the Law in spirit, and in truth, John 4.

In contrast, in the Body, there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Rather, a NEW Creature: the Body of Christ, 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15.

And if there is neither Jew nor Gentile in this NEW Creature, said NEW Creature is NOT a "spiritual JEW."

YOU ARE confused.

You got part of that right that even some on here who should know better did not.

But then you concluded what little you got right is about the Body of Christ.

It is not.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=16688]Danoh[/MENTION],

thanks but I don't read your lengthy posts because you don't make much sense, you cannot explain simple and clear of your point.

BTW, I asked you if you believe Jesus' word or teachings are for just for the Jews and not for the gentiles?

just do me a favor and make it simple and short.

thank you.

Love and the Truth in Jesus' word.

many blessings.:)

popsthebuilder

You're right...and yet...also wrong.

The spiritual Jew that John 4; John 5; John 8; and so on are actually talking about, is an individual from the physical seed of Abraham, who worships the God of their fathers, in spirit and in truth.

Again, in all that, a spiritual Jew is represented as a physical son of Abraham who not only kept the Law, but actually believed the Law or Moses.

John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

See that?

Theirs was merely outward performance.

Theirs was about impressing one another about what good, Law keeping Jews they were.

And what was God looking for in these Law keeping physical sons of Abraham?

Their actually having believed Moses.

Which they had failed to do.

5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

He was looking for those of the physical sons of Abraham who actually worshipped the God of their fathers in their keeping of the Law in spirit, and in truth, John 4.

In contrast, in the Body, there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Rather, a NEW Creature: the Body of Christ, 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15.

And if there is neither Jew nor Gentile in this NEW Creature, said NEW Creature is NOT a "spiritual JEW."

YOU ARE confused.

You got part of that right that even some on here who should know better did not.

But then you concluded what little you got right is about the Body of Christ.

It is not.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

"physical seed of Abraham"

(scriptural references please. All are of the seed of GOD)

How is the spiritual Jew not an organ of the boC, seeing as how the dividing wall was torn down and the adopted branch grafted in?

peace)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

You don't know the difference between mental assent and believing unto righteousness....a matter of the heart.

Which is also why you cannot comprehend the obedience of faith.

It's not obedience with faith, but the obedience OF faith.

Vocabulary comprehension is not your strong suit, I know. :chew:

No, the way is not the way you say. Paul did not come along and give another gospel that speaks of not obeying and only believing. Not obeying God is not the secret hidden message.

God's Truth

1st Church of God's Truth Preaching God's Truth of Salvation Through Trembling.

Church membership: 1

I thought you said you believed Paul? HAHAAAAHAAAAHAA

King James Bible
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

It doesn't get any more obvious than this when those in falseness accidentally mock themselves.

musterion

I thought you said you believed Paul? HAHAAAAHAAAAHAA

King James Bible
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

It doesn't get any more obvious than this when those in falseness accidentally mock themselves.

You said demons do works. You say works are needed to be saved.

Do demons get saved?

musterion

19You believe that God is one. Good for you! Even the demons believe that, and shudder! 20 O foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is worthless?

You said demons do work.

The verse says demons believe.

You think believing is a work.

This guy agrees with you...

20160914T0844-5137-CNS-POPE-AUDIENCE-PRINCES-1024x675.jpg

... but you already know that.

Go get your magic cookie.

God's Truth

You said demons do work.

This guy agrees with you...

... but you already know that.

Go get your magic cookie.

You stray too far from the truth. I said even demons do something.

Believing is doing something.

Shuddering is doing something too.

God's Truth

You said demons do work.

The demons do two things in that scripture: they believe, and they shudder.

You are in a competition with the Calvinists on who doesn't obey God and therefore is saved.

That is why you faith alone people deny that believing is also a work.

To fight about who doesn't obey and preaching it is the magic key is the epitome of a backwards and strange doctrine if ever I heard one.