ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

genuineoriginal

I see. Since you brought up the "covenants," I am to assume you are of the belief that the church has existed from the beginning of the human race to the present and that this is the final dispensation, (epochs, whatever you want to call it) of the church? And we are really spiritual Jews? :think:
That is a weird theology.
Where does it come from?

Danoh

Paul objected to the spiritualizing of prophecy that was to have a physical fulfillment.
He pointed out that the physical fulfillment of the Resurrection has not happened.

The mistake in translation from the Greek to English happened hundreds of years ago and fools have been deceived by it ever since.

There is no mistake - the word dividing can also refer to doling a thing out, and was often the case in its use in that way in the Middle Ages.

As in its use in the following...

1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Different Greek word, same sense, thus, the same English word in both.

And within the context of 2 Timothy 2:15, both meanings are obviously intended.

Note...

2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

That right there involves doling or dividing a thing out to others...

Our "CUT to the chase; give it to them STRAIGHT" carries that sense.

But it also implies dividing from the one, or not dividing into the other.

As do verses 15 and 16.

2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Do that BUT AVOID doing the following...

2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

That is a division between those two.

A critical one. For of those two...

2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Yep, they deviated, or divided from how things are laid or divided out in Scripture, to their own not only vain or baseless babbling, but where theirs was basically a profanity.

Paul then divides between things some more, twice...

2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

He then divides, or notes, another distinction between the things that differ that he is pointing out through CONTRASTS...

2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Those that believe that the covenants are for the Body of Christ usually believe this. Just wondering if your from the same camp.
No, I don't know anything about idea that the church existed from the beginning of the human race.
I have heard about the false belief that Christians are Spiritual Jews, but I completely reject Replacement Theology, including the modified version of two people, two plans that some Dispensationalists believe in.

"Covenant" is used 280 times in the Bible and "dispensation" is used only 4 times.
It makes much more sense to look at the covenants in the Bible than to try to divide the Bible by dispensations or the two made-up covenants of Law and Grace that the Reformed use.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You mean reference:

Here it is.

But I know you will deny it because you don't seem to have comprehension skill.

But I think [MENTION=4345]genuineoriginal[/MENTION] will get it.

John 8:39-44New King James Version (NKJV)
spiritual Israel
39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Cant wait for your verse by verse explanation of what you used as a reference..

And I know you will still deny it.

You have done this kind of things tons of times.

It is not so hard to understand if you are open to the Truth.

glorydaz

I have heard about the false belief that Christians are Spiritual Jews, but I completely reject Replacement Theology,

That's what Jesus says. It is very biblical.

You mean reference:

Here it is.

But I know you will deny it because you don't seem to have comprehension skill.

But I think [MENTION=4345]genuineoriginal[/MENTION] will get it.

genuineoriginal already said he rejects it, and the verse you cite does NOT say what you're hoping it does.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
genuineoriginal already said he rejects it, and the verse you cite does NOT say what you're hoping it does.

I know but I believe he missed those word of Jesus.

I am giving him a chance. He is not delusional like you guys.:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And I'm talking about you...

Ok, we just have to wait and see what Jesus says when the time comes.

We are not in the same path.

If I am wrong, I will perish. But if you are wrong you will perish.

that's the deal, friend, whether you like it or not.

Jesus is the Lord, remember?