toldailytopic: The Palestinians vs. the Israelis - war is beginning to brew. Who's si

Granite

Hall of Fame
Basing our foreign policy and personal opinions on bad exegesis, fantastic eschatology, and a completely warped understanding of the region and its history is absolute insanity.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Basing our foreign policy and personal opinions on bad exegesis, fantastic eschatology, and a completely warped understanding of the region and its history is absolute insanity.

This reminds me of a road sign near where I live. "No Excuse for Poor Driving!"

It's the sort of thing everybody would agree with but only because it says nothing helpful at all.

Granite

Hall of Fame
This reminds me of a road sign near where I live. "No Excuse for Poor Driving!"

It's the sort of thing everybody would agree with but only because it says nothing helpful at all.

I see you remain your charming, ever-so-original self.:yawn:

Lovebug

Christians who have been taught the lie that one day in the future Christ is going to rule from Jerusalem over the Jews, think they are helping God out by helping the nation of Israel today.

Yes..as IF God wants us to be a respector of persons based on the flesh, when He never was.

pro 28:21 To have respect of persons [is] not good: for a piece of bread [that] man will transgress.

Esau sold his birthright for a bowl of soup. Today many sell their souls back to the enemy, likewise....denying the new covenant in Jesus shed blood, and what it gave to every man freely.

Men who do things according to the flesh, give no delight to God...for in their stoney hearts is greed, and every detestable thing...yet many would sell their souls, to gain the love of the world.

Rev 18:12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

Rev 18:13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

Lovebug

I agree with this to an extent. I don't know whether it is a lie or not but I tend to the view that it is. However, that doesn't change anything about the modern nation of Israel having a right to defend itself against missiles being fired randomly at its population.

What about the right of muslims to fire back? It was Israel that attacked them four years ago, you know...and even the whole world condemned it. Listen, I am not for any of this, which I believe should be the ONLY Christian stance. If you want to disagree, that is ok, but you certainly do not have the facts.

When you take sides, you make God a respector of persons..on 'fleshly things', it is making 'God a liar. Do you understand that? He has said He was never a respector of persons based on the flesh...at any rate, some facts:

Civilian casualties began to shoot up on Sunday, after Israel said it was stepping up attacks on the homes of suspected Hamas activists. After that warning, an Israeli missile flatted a two-story house in a residential area of Gaza City, killing at least 11 civilians, most of them women and children.

It remained unclear who the target of that missile attack was. However, the new tactic ushered in a risky phase of the operation, given the likelihood of civilian casualties in the crowded territory of 1.6 million Palestinians. The rising civilian toll was also likely to intensify pressure on Israel to end the fighting. Hundreds of civilian casualties in an Israeli offensive in Gaza four years ago led to fierce international condemnation of Israel.

In all, 87 Palestinians, including 50 civilians, have been killed in the six-day onslaught and 720 have been wounded.

CBSnews, link.

bybee

What about the right of muslims to fire back? It was Israel that attacked them four years ago, you know...and even the whole world condemned it. Listen, I am not for any of this, which I believe should be the ONLY Christian stance. If you want to disagree, that is ok, but you certainly do not have the facts.

When you take sides, you make God a respector of persons..on 'fleshly things', it is making 'God a liar. Do you understand that? He has said He was never a respector of persons based on the flesh...at any rate, some facts:

Civilian casualties began to shoot up on Sunday, after Israel said it was stepping up attacks on the homes of suspected Hamas activists. After that warning, an Israeli missile flatted a two-story house in a residential area of Gaza City, killing at least 11 civilians, most of them women and children.

It remained unclear who the target of that missile attack was. However, the new tactic ushered in a risky phase of the operation, given the likelihood of civilian casualties in the crowded territory of 1.6 million Palestinians. The rising civilian toll was also likely to intensify pressure on Israel to end the fighting. Hundreds of civilian casualties in an Israeli offensive in Gaza four years ago led to fierce international condemnation of Israel.

In all, 87 Palestinians, including 50 civilians, have been killed in the six-day onslaught and 720 have been wounded.

CBSnews, link.

You fatuous fathead! Israel didn't start this conflict!

Lovebug

You fatuous fathead! Israel didn't start this conflict!

It does not matter who started THIS one, the one four years ago, as the link states was started by Israel. The one started prior to that was who? The one before that, and the one before that? Go all the way back to the garden and see who starts these things. It does NOT matter who starts it..if and when the person who receives it does evil in return.

You just do not get it.

Evil will work evil.

Only good can work good, and evil is not good.

Get a grip and learn something NEW today. Israel is JUST as guilty.

There is nothing that would make eitiher of them less guilty...for they both return evil with evil.

Got it?..and, stop calling me your ugly names...just to puff yourself up.

I am telling you the truth...and, if you want to remain blind to that fact that is your freewill choice, but choosing one evil over another is not going to get you anywhere with God...it may even get you in trouble.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I know your not a Christian and I am, but I agree with you because it is certain Christians that have been brainwashed by dispensationalism/futurism that have the Middle East in a mess.

George W Bush actually bombed Iraq because he thought a certain passage in the book of Revelation was playing out before his eyes.

W told French President Chirac the following:

“This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”…

If W understood that the New Age began in 70AD he wouldn't have bombed Iraq.

As I said before, the Middle East is a mess because of Zionist Jews who want a third temple, Christians that have been brainwashed by dispensationalism, and Muslims that follow a false prophet (Muhammad) and a false god (Allah).

Lovebug

I know your not a Christian and I am, but I agree with you because it is certain Christians that have been brainwashed by dispensationalism/futurism that have the Middle East in a mess.

George W Bush actually bombed Iraq because he thought a certain passage in the book of Revelation was playing out before his eyes.

W told French President Chirac the following:

“This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”…

If W understood that the New Age began in 70AD he wouldn't have bombed Iraq.

As I said before, the Middle East is a mess because of Zionist Jews who want a third temple, Christians that have been brainwashed by dispensationalism, and Muslims that follow a false prophet (Muhammad) and a false god (Allah).

Amen..and when you tell them the truth, they hate you...or at least they don't love you.

The day I will side with them, in order to feel comfortable, will never come.

I would rather be on the side of the Lord.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Name one person here who thinks the United Nations is God.
Your input in this thread is rubbish.
You do know it was the united nations who gave Israel the land in 1948, right?
And still you have not named one person here who thinks the UN is God.
Just you trying to sidetrack the utter foolishness you posted earlier.

chair

I probably disagree with you on quite a few things, but on this I am with you. There have been some really weird posts here.
The fact that there is an annual gay parade in Tel Aviv is not exactly relevant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
However, that doesn't change anything about the modern nation of Israel having a right to defend itself against missiles being fired randomly at its population.

Reminds me of the early American settlers and Indians.

The settlers came here and took the Indian's land (killed many Indians in the process). Did the settlers have a right to defend themselves when the Indians attacked? Should the USA be given back to the Indians?

Jews and Christians want the Palestinians to be like the Indians. They think that if they give them a little area to themselves everything will be ok. The Palestinians aren't buying it.

The Middle East is a mess. It's the equivalent of American Indians firing rockets into American cities from their Indian reservations. What would the USA do if the Indians started doing this?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Do you understand the difference between agape love and the love the world displays?

There are two Greek words used as "love" in the NT.

agape
phileo

Both of these are used of the love of God, and the love we should have toward God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Speaking of idiots, there are idiot dispensationalists/futurists that are ranchers in Texas and Oklahoma who are trying to breed a perfect red heifer without spot........ because everyone knows you can't have a third temple without a perfect red heifer without spot.