toldailytopic: If guns became illegal to own, would you comply?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Is it possible that firearms may be a key to the absence of slavery?

I don't believe so. I'd say freedom, and true liberty, has more to do with a well-educated and wise people than anything else. Guns are incidental.

To say you can't have freedom without firearms cheapens freedom.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Yet it's be done in EVERY communist country throughout the world.

Are you saying that those 100's of millions of people aren't worthy of freedom, or that we (US Christians) should do something (like be active in the political scene) so that it doesn't happen here?

Both! But, no need in adding a religion unless you some how believe that non-Christians do not wish to be free!

Those that cherish freedom will fight for it, plain and simple!

The scary part is, for those that had freedom for so long, do not recognize the loss of it, little by little, the passage of laws encroaching upon the very freedoms that the people believed were once inalienable to us all is changing.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Then there are those that will expand the list and change the defintion to include baseball bats, knives, cars, etc.
There are people who think they have conversations with their televisions, but they don't tend to run anything...

Town Heretic,
How is that against drones?
About the same as a rifle would be against a tank. :chuckle: You should understand that I think anyone who keeps a gun because he believes it can protect him against his government is in need of a meds adjustment.

I keep my guns to hunt and on the odd chance that I need to deal with someone who doesn't respect my property rights and that's the end of reasonable usage and expectation.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There was a recent double homicide here in Las Vegas.

A 38 year old mother, Yadira Martinez, and her 10-year-old daughter, Karla Martinez, were found dead inside their home.

The police found out because Karla's 9 year old brother went to school and told his teacher that his mother and sister were dead at home.

Yesterday, police confirmed that the 10 year old was raped before being killed by blunt force trauma.

The mother's husband was also found in the home, alive, in critical condition, in a pool of blood.

An unharmed 4 year old boy was found by police next to the bodies.

I do not know if the husband had a gun. If he did, the outcome of this tragedy may or may not have been different. It is impossible to say.

I do know, however, that it is for this reason, among many, that I keep handguns in my home.

If it is within my power to do so, I will protect my family at all costs.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Both! But, no need in adding a religion unless you some how believe that non-Christians do not wish to be free! Those that cherish freedom will fight for it, plain and simple!

Look at how many non-Christians are slaves to sin and defend the Godless state. Christians made this country great, we need to rely on them to return it to it's greatness.

The scary part is, for those that had freedom for so long, do "not recognize the loss of it, little by little, the passage of laws encroaching upon the very freedoms that the people believed were once inalienable to us all is changing.

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." ~Author unknown, sometimes attributed to M. Grundler

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Look at how many non-Christians are slaves to sin

Ye without sin, cast the first stone?

and defend the Godless state.

Defend a Godless state? Or perhaps have no means to over throw and unjust state!

Christians made this country great,

Still an ongoing debate?

we need to rely on them to return it to it's greatness.

If you truly believe that America is a Christian nation, then Christians have allowed it to become otherwise?

I for one hope that all freedom loving Americans will protect their rights against enemies foreign and domestic!

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." ~Author unknown, sometimes attributed to M. Grundler

:thumb:

My favourite quote on this matter is by Jefferson. Guess which one we have today?

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

It is not necessary for the public to be disarmed. It is only necessary that the Government have superior artillery and fire-power that is prohibited to the people. So one of my many objectives in life is to invent weapons technology for trustworthy people and prohibit it to the Government.

Hmmm...Knight, (if they don't already know) if the FBI demanded the information of a particular poster on TOL, would you comply?

eameece

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 19th, 2012 08:32 AM

toldailytopic: If guns became illegal to own, would you comply?

Most people with any sense would have anything to worry about, since they don't have one.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
564170_3241879858101_1599966288_32671485_626558133_n.jpg
gunsbullets.jpg

Dear Nukem NickM,
So, you would oblige me to observe a commandment of Christ.
That is not at all Nick's point, you imbecile. His point is that God is not against bearing arms.:dunce::duh:

Ironically, the reason for that commandment had nothing to do with freedom.
:doh:

And this is just further proof of your stupidity. :sozo:That was not a commandment!

The written things concerning Christ have an end. Being counted among transgressors was part of that end. Being with civilians who carried a sword made Him look like He was with transgressors- hoodlums.
What? You really are an idiot!:jawdrop:

Nevertheless, I am thrilled to obey Christ's command and let you have your sword, Nick. Why? Those who live by the sword die by the sword.
Gig 'em, NickM.
You really are just such a moron. Just because one owns weapons does not mean they live by those weapons. When Jesus said that about living and dying by the sword He was referring to misuse of the sword. And it is those who misuse weapons against whom we must defend ourselves; that is why we should be armed. When someone comes at you with a weapon and you're innocent it's either be armed or be dead.

Most people with any sense would have anything to worry about, since they don't have one.
Insipid twit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Love it!

You really are just such a moron. Just because one owns weapons does not mean they live by those weapons. When Jesus said that about living and dying by the sword He was referring to misuse of the sword. And it is those who misuse weapons against whom we must defend ourselves; that is why we should be armed. When someone comes at you with a weapon and you're innocent it's either be armed or be dead.
Love that too!

Trumpetfolker

Lighthouse,
That is not at all Nick's point, you imbecile. His point is that God is not against bearing arms.undefined
No, God's not against owning guns. Neither am I. Even an imbecile can see that if God was against owning guns, He wouldn't not have told His Son to tell the disciples to get a sword.
In fact, He is the one who ordained the powers to carry swords.
However, God is against people opposing His ordained powers.
Ro 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

1Pe 2:13 ¶ Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
Do you believe faith can disobey God? God says to submit to His ordained powers. If they want your guns, God says submit.
Only an imbecile can say that God tells us to submit so we can disobey.

You are right that gun ownership, alone, does not make a man one who lives by the sword. However, in the context of this thread, it would make him an outlaw. As an outlaw, he has become one who is against the God-rdained authority.
Only an imbecile/moron/idiot would try to see any of my response outside of the context of the thread in which it resides.
Only if a response does not relate to the topic at all should you try to look for a new context.

Quote:
The written things concerning Christ have an end. Being counted among transgressors was part of that end. Being with civilians who carried a sword made Him look like He was with transgressors- hoodlums.
What? You really are an idiot!
Maybe you have a hard time with KJ English. If so, maybe seeing all those words together will give you a chance to catch a clue.
Lu 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

And this is just further proof of your stupidity. That was not a commandment!
The fact is, it was absolutely a commandment. If they had not taken a sword, Jesus could not have been counted among unbelievers, and the prophecy would have gone unfulfilled.
A commandment is a statement issued by a lord which has an imperative quality. The disciples called Jesus "Lord".
Lu 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Lighthouse,

No, God's not against owning guns. Neither am I. Even an imbecile can see that if God was against owning guns, He wouldn't not have told His Son to tell the disciples to get a sword.
You might want to fix that so I can be sure what you mean.

In fact, He is the one who ordained the powers to carry swords.
However, God is against people opposing His ordained powers.
Relevance?

Do you believe faith can disobey God? God says to submit to His ordained powers. If they want your guns, God says submit.
Only an imbecile can say that God tells us to submit so we can disobey.
No He doesn't, you simpering twit!:doh:

If the authorities go against God's wishes they are not acting within the delegation God has bestowed upon rulers of men. And in such cases we are certainly to obey God over man.

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men.”
-Acts 5:29

You are right that gun ownership, alone, does not make a man one who lives by the sword. However, in the context of this thread, it would make him an outlaw. As an outlaw, he has become one who is against the God-rdained authority.
The people in authority are not the ordained authority; the ordained authority is the authority God has delegated to rulers of men. And when rulers of men disobey God and become a terror to good works then men of God should stand up for Him and His authority.

I know it's cliche, but there's a reason it is, you strike me as one who would have bowed to Hitler if you had been living in Germany during his tenure as Fuhrer.

Only an imbecile/moron/idiot would try to see any of my response outside of the context of the thread in which it resides.
Only if a response does not relate to the topic at all should you try to look for a new context.
No, you're a pinhead. I've already explained why and how above.

Maybe you have a hard time with KJ English. If so, maybe seeing all those words together will give you a chance to catch a clue.
My first three years [ages: 5,6, & 7] in education were at a KJ only private Christian school. I understand it just fine. In fact I had no problem with Shakespeare when I got into high school because of it.

The fact is, it was absolutely a commandment. If they had not taken a sword, Jesus could not have been counted among unbelievers, and the prophecy would have gone unfulfilled.
I'm seriously dumbfounded at just how stupid you are.

I'm also not surprised you haven't provided any Scripture to back this up.

A commandment is a statement issued by a lord which has an imperative quality. The disciples called Jesus "Lord".
Idiot.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do you always just make things up, legion?