toldailytopic: If guns became illegal to own, would you comply?

AlephTav

I've never fired, held or even seen a gun not in the hands of a police officer.

So in that case, I would have no problem complying.:chuckle:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, I like to see the "authorities" try to take guns away from the Bloods and the Crips! :chuckle:

The Obama regime doesn't want guns belonging to black militants, they are staged to be his personal army against whitey.

But if you think taking guns away from illiterate ghetto morons will be difficult, imagine taking them away from country folks, especially the ones who live in the South. They'll shoot ya in the head, bury you out back and nobody will ever know what happened....

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
NO!

(Lifetime NRA member)

:)

And if they tried to come and get them I would immediately report them all stolen. Just an hour ago. Right. I was no where around when it happened.

It would be hilarious to see millions of sudden cases of guns being reported stolen the day after such a law was passed. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Obama regime doesn't want guns belonging to black militants, they are staged to be his personal army against whitey.

But if you think taking guns away from illiterate ghetto morons will be difficult, imagine taking them away from country folks, especially the ones who live in the South. They'll shoot ya in the head, bury you out back and nobody will ever know what happened....

The Lord says we can bury them out back in the orchard. No one will ever find them.
- Jesse James' Ma in American Outlaws

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
It's getting worse than we think

rednecks.jpg

zoo22

I think this is one of those issues that might actually cause a civil war in this country (if the government tried to confiscate all guns).

Yeah, there'd probably be a civil war if the government tried to confiscate all guns.

Also, sometimes I imagine what it would be like if I woke up one morning and everyone else on the planet was gone.

drbrumley

I think this is one of those issues that might actually cause a civil war in this country (if the government tried to confiscate all guns).

Or... would the people just lay down and let it happen thinking "oh... it's not that big of a deal"?

:think:

Unfortunately the latter, being most lay down now as it is.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It really depends on how quickly they enact it. I may have no choice as I do not currently own any guns, and am not sure how I to go about getting them on the black market.

It's getting worse than we think

rednecks.jpg
They must be union.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I hope you are right.

Part of me think's that the majority in this country have lost all sense as to what America is all about.

I have now doubt there would be a strong resistance from the minority of patriots but would it be enough?
Harken back to the days of yesteryear. Patriots were in the minority back in 1775. This minority defeated the most powerful military machine the world had ever seen.

Too optimistic for the modern 21st century? God forbid we should see the day when the resolve of us Americans is put to the test (again), but the potential is there.

More recently, the reason Admiral Yamamoto gave for no plans to invade the United States during World War II. Something about "finding a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am a pacifist. If guns get outlawed I think the police should also be included.
Don't forget to include the military! That way the old saying "if guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns" would be absolutely true, without exception! That is perfect!

Trumpetfolker

Knight,
Guns don't make a people free. Many have pawned away guns just to get money to buy food and gas.
Things you need in order to stand fast in the liberty wherein Christ has set you free:
  1. Identity. You don't know who you are. You don't know where you're supposed to be. You don't know who is yours. You don't know who belongs to you.
  2. A Law: You will never have identity because you will never find any who will agree to a way to judge offenders. Offenders add sin to the identity.
  3. Organization: You will never be free because the TV, the Web, your employers, and your lenders control your relationships and time.
  4. An economy: You have to have real estate to produce the resources necessary to remain free. You have to have a means for distribution. The other guys own the highways, and you guys don't even know where the rest of you are in order to distribute.
Without the four things above (and the list could be extended), resistance to gun control would make you nothing more than hoodlums. Everybody would be glad to turn you in.
Fortunately, the New Testament commandments will always be ready to guide true believers into the four things written, above, when people, at last, begin realizing that, if they don't consent to the law of Christ, they will consent to the law of mere men- and pay for it with their freedom.
And the law of Christ will guide us into taking back freedom as peacemakers.
The Presbyterians, by the law of Christ, gave Americans a plan for maintaining the most freedom you can have while being yoked together with unbelievers. Evangelicals, by turning grace into lasciviousness, sold their children to the wicked.
Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 19th, 2012 08:32 AM

toldailytopic: If guns became illegal to own, would you comply?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
I gave this topic some thought, and I slept on it. I have concluded that, as a gun owner, it would be unwise for me to state my intention to disobey any US gun law.