toldailytopic: How do you feel about building a mosque at ground zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The fact that the Imam of the proposed mosque is the person who came up with the name “Cordoba House” makes my analogy valid.

Why do you think he want's to call the mosque “Cordoba House”?

The reason behind the was given in Rauf's own words in one of these threads. I'm sure you can find it if you look.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So building a new, 13 story, multi-million dollar Muslim Community Center/Mosque at Ground Zero is OK but rebuilding the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church that was destroyed on 9/11 is not OK. That structure was originally built in 1832 with worship services held since 1922. Bizarro World.
Yep! But don't you feel better knowing that we are showing how tolerant and loving we are to the Muslim community??? :doh:

Nick_A

Oh my gosh I seriously can't believe how stupid you people are. This isn't about rights you flaming moron.

It's about tact, respect, and sensitivity towards the victims of 911.

They can build their Mosque pretty much anywhere else they want to. Just not within a football field of ground zero.

Apparently you are still capable of critical thinking. All the pollutants in the air and water has corrupted the psych in many so they are now only capable of New Age critical thinking. This truly unfortunate affliction forces the victim to first adopt an emotional conclusion and like with New Age fantasy, logic is used to support it and create their own reality.

Be happy you have not fallen victim to this modern psychological condition.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Apparently you are still capable of critical thinking. All the pollutants in the air and water has corrupted the psych in many so they are now only capable of New Age critical thinking. This truly unfortunate affliction forces the victim to first adopt an emotional conclusion and like with New Age fantasy, logic is used to support it and create their own reality.

Be happy you have not fallen victim to this modern psychological condition.
No doubt. People like TH and Kmo think they are be loving, compassionate, tolerant, bigger than us Neanderthal's who still believe in tact and respect. :chuckle: They could care less about the feelings and emotions of the victims families. It's a form of heartlessness that shocks me to the core.

Complete and utter stupidity.

The only adjective I can think of for people like that defend this Mosque location is.... "jerks". Well, actually I can think of another adjective but I no longer use the "F" word.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
He is not a Christian, so he is in your camp, not mine.

If you think Islam and Christianity are parallel "religions", you are deceiving yourself. Did you watch the video? I doubt you did. You are ignorant of Islam and Christianity.

Might be better. I know it was funny, yet some who do not know you might get the wrong impression.

fool

Hall of Fame
It's about tact, respect, and sensitivity towards the victims of 911.

People from this Mosque died on 9-11.
So we'd be showing tact, sensitivity and respect by not making those fallen heroes second class citizen's

kmoney

Hall of Fame
WOW!! Talk about your all time missed points. Did you do that on purpose or are you really that stupid?

The majority isn't always right, but that isn't even close to the point I was making.

The point is... it's ironic that somebody who wants to present themselves as tolerant is being so intolerant to the vast majority. (in case you didn't catch it... that specific point has nothing to do with right and wrong yet everything to do with your blinding intolerance)

You can't be tolerant of everyone. And in any case, I don't think I have the lust for tolerance that you have characterized me with. In fact, I'm not sure I've even used the word. It is certainly part of it though.

fool

Hall of Fame
I think we should strike a deal with the Muslims.

We will let you build your Mosque near ground zero if we can build a Christian church in Mecca. :rotfl:

These are American's, not Saudis.
They are no more culpable for the actions of the Saudi government than they are for the events of 9-11.

fool

Hall of Fame
So building a new, 13 story, multi-million dollar Muslim Community Center/Mosque at Ground Zero is OK but rebuilding the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church that was destroyed on 9/11 is not OK. That structure was originally built in 1832 with worship services held since 1922. Bizarro World.

Who says it's not ok to build the church ? :idunno:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
People from this Mosque died on 9-11.
So we'd be showing tact, sensitivity and respect by not making those fallen heroes second class citizen's

huh?

Who are the fallen heroes? Not everyone, right?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Complete and utter stupidity.

The only adjective I can think of for people like that defend this Mosque location is.... "jerks". Well, actually I can think of another adjective but I no longer use the Knight's "F" word.
According to CNN, an "adult" store and a "strip" club are currently operating near "Ground Zero" and their business is based on the "F" word.

Unlike the "mosque," I'm sure they have the utmost respect for "the feelings and emotions of the victims families."

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
According to CNN, an "adult" store and a "strip" club are currently operating near "Ground Zero" and their business is based on the "F" word.

F? and what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

fool

Hall of Fame
They could care less about the feelings and emotions of the victims families.
These ARE the victims families.

It's a form of heartlessness that shocks me to the core.

I think it's heartless that dead heroes are being treated as second class citizens because they worship the same God as some wacko's

fool

Hall of Fame
huh?

Who are the fallen heroes? Not everyone, right?

Members of that Mosque were first responders.
I read of one that was an EMT who perished.
Are we as a country going to tell his mother that the place her son died is off limits to her?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are we as a country going to tell his mother that the place her son died is off limits to her?
Most of the first responders DO NOT want this Mosque being built in that location.

I have been reading where many Muslims are starting to speak out against the idea.

Maybe it's just the tolerance crowd who wants this thing so bad. :think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course not. She can go the memorial site just like anyone else can. She doesn't need a massive high-rise Mosque to remember her son.

Status
Not open for further replies.