toldailytopic: How do you feel about building a mosque at ground zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoo22

You said "baloney", when it is a fact that Islam will not deny regarding the deaths of children from collateral damage. That is how they justify it.

That's how the terrorists likely judge it. You're confusing Muslim terrorists with Muslims.

If you say that all Muslims see it this way you're spewing rancid baloney like my dog just vomited up some rice.

bybee

Well

Well

As others have pointed out, it isn't really at ground zero. At least it depends on how you define "ground zero".

Unless the builders of this mosque are like-minded with the terrorists who attacked us, how is it disrespectful?

I will partially agree that the mosque and cultural center could be built somewhere else and I kind of wish Rauf had never started this. But since we're here....

The mosque shouldn't represent the terrorists, though. In my opinion, it only represents the terrorists to those who wrongly believe we are at war with Islam. Fighting this mosque just feeds into that wrong conception. And it risks making violent extremists out of moderates.

It might be said that 9/11 made violent extremists out of many people.
bybee

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It might be said that 9/11 made violent extremists out of many people.
bybee

Perhaps. :idunno: Even if that is true, I'm not sure what point you are making. That violent extremists are made no matter what we do?

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps. :idunno: Even if that is true, I'm not sure what point you are making. That violent extremists are made no matter what we do?
I've suddenly realized, this whole argument is a waste of time. Fact is, there are people who don't want Islam and Muslims to be anything but violent terror driven people. This is the view they wish to cast on them regardless of what Muslims do or don't do. There was a time in this country when people did the same to African-Americans, and it mattered not what they did or didn't do, and it continues to this day, maybe not as much, but it still does.

There is nothing you can do, or enough sensitivity you can show to please those who hate you. They accuse you of evil, just to justify their evil feelings towards you. There is nothing we can do about this type of low class thinking.

Nick_A

I've suddenly realized, this whole argument is a waste of time. Fact is, there are people who don't want Islam and Muslims to be anything but violent terror driven people. This is the view they wish to cast on them regardless of what Muslims do or don't do. There was a time in this country when people did the same to African-Americans, and it mattered not what they did or didn't do, and it continues to this day, maybe not as much, but it still does.

There is nothing you can do, or enough sensitivity you can show to please those who hate you. They accuse you of evil, just to justify their evil feelings towards you. There is nothing we can do about this type of low class thinking.

Your technique of trying to pit group against group isn't fooling anyone. That is why you are no longer able to see that 911 is not about groups but a national tragedy which needs recognition of individuality.

People suffered. Some people wish to alleviate it and be respectful towards it and others seek to pit group against group for the sake of political advantage.

People respecting the sufferings of other people are against a mosque that introduces politics into a place where it doesn't belong.

madman

Taqiyya

madman

That's it? You're simply projecting your own delusions and paranoid fear if you think there's no such thing as a peaceful Muslim. Idiot. :plain:
It's lowlife scum like you that is the reason nearly 3000 people were murdered on 9/11. Your hearty approval of evil reveals what a disgusting piece of garbage you are.

bybee

Plain and simple

Plain and simple

9/11 made many, heretofore neutral persons into extremists. Fear and anger galvinized many people to an extreme dislike of Islam.
I believe this could be mitigated by some show of conciliation on the part of the Mosque builders.
Granted, it was extremists who perpetrated this horrendous act.
Had 9/11 not occurred people would not raise an eyebrow over the building of this Mosque.
But as it stands, right now, a conciliatory gesture would go far to easing tensions and perhaps normalizing peoples feelings.
If they do build the mosque on their chosen site I pray they will make every effort to generate positive public relations.
By and large, Americans are pretty decent people.
peace, bybee

Arthur Brain

It's lowlife scum like you that is the reason nearly 3000 people were murdered on 9/11. Your hearty approval of evil reveals what a disgusting piece of garbage you are.

Uh huh. So you're a liar as well as an idiot. I condemn the atrocity of 9/11 as much as you dingbat. It's telling that deluded folk like yourself are reduced to hurling out garbage like this simply because others don't share your dumb paranoia and prejudice.

madman

Uh huh. So you're a liar as well as an idiot.
I am neither. You are simply ignorant of Islam, and choose to be tolerant (which is evil).
I condemn the atrocity of 9/11 as much as you dingbat.
No, you blindly think it was "extremists", because you follow the pied piper liberals of this world, like all the other sewer rats.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Like all the Arabs and other minorities who were assaulted and beaten even killed afterwards? American media doesn't mention this much.

After 9/11, in Dallas and in many other places, Christian groups stood watch on Mosques to prevent violence against them. Picture that happening in a Muslim nation. I can't, except maybe in places like Turkey or Bosnia.

As bybee says, most Americans are pretty decent people.

Arthur Brain

I am neither. You are simply ignorant of Islam, and choose to be tolerant (which is evil).No, you blindly think it was "extremists", because you follow the pied piper liberals of this world, like all the other sewer rats.

I'm tolerant of my Muslim neighbours along with everyone else as long as they don't commit acts of violence against others. You most certainly are an idiot if you think the actions perpetrated by extremists are in any way reflective of a group in general. I've lived in a neighbourhood of Muslims. I've worked with several and been friends with them. You speak through ignorance and prejudice with no foundation *apart* from your own arrogant subjecture. How much interaction have you had with Muslims in general? Not much I'll wager.

And 'pied piper liberals'? Geez. Grow up.

madman

I'm tolerant of my Muslim neighbours along with everyone else as long as they don't commit acts of violence against others. You most certainly are an idiot if you think the actions perpetrated by extremists are in any way reflective of a group in general. I've lived in a neighbourhood of Muslims. I've worked with several and been friends with them. You speak through ignorance and prejudice with no foundation *apart* from your own arrogant subjecture. How much interaction have you had with Muslims in general? Not much I'll wager.

And 'pied piper liberals'? Geez. Grow up.
When I sold my business, it was to a Muslim, whom I had to spend everyday with to train for over a month. I have Muslim neighbors (my son cuts their grass), and a former Muslim in our Bible study (whose family are all still practicing Islam). All of these people are very kind and pleasant to be with. Doesn't change a thing. The agenda of the Muslim world is as revealed to you in the video I posted, whether the naive Muslims in it admit to it or not.

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
After 9/11, in Dallas and in many other places, Christian groups stood watch on Mosques to prevent violence against them. Picture that happening in a Muslim nation. I can't, except maybe in places like Turkey or Bosnia.

As bybee says, most Americans are pretty decent people.
Yes, but there was a lot of violence that resulted from 9/11 against Muslims. Stores were vandalized, Mosque, few people beaten, a couple people killed. I know that some American Christians tried to protect, but a lot of craziness still happened.

zoo22

No it's not. It's extremist religious/political terrorism that is the reason nearly 3000 were murdered on 9/11. Your confusion and related vitriol only adds to the hatred... Which of course, begets hatred. Which seems what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.