toldailytopic: How do you feel about building a mosque at ground zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Graphite

Why do you say that? Is there any evidence that is the intent of the people behind the mosque?

Aside from the fact that the site is called the Cordoba House?

The name Cordoba, itself, refers to Islamic victory in Spain, Cordoba being one of the chief centers of Islamic power in Spain at the height of Islam's conquering of that region. The new mosque is them spitting in the face of America, building a prominent mosque on conquered land to commemorate victory over infidels.

That said, it is private property, and they are at liberty to build the mosque, legally, as far as I'm able to discern.

Morally and ethically? NO place is a good place to build a mosque, as it is a center of satanic worship. It will be a pagan temple in opposition to YHWH, almighty Creator, and secondarily it will be a blatant insult, a slap in the face to America. (But, sticks and stones...)

The greatest hypocrisy in this is that it is ILLEGAL to build a church or synagogue in Mecca, the capital of Islam, or anywhere in Saudi Arabia. It is not illegal in America to build a mosque, but it IS illegal to build a Jewish or Christian house of worship in their country. Blatant hypocrisy. Thank God for the ambassadors of Jesus Christ who risk their safety and their lives to take the gospel of His grace to the lost and pagan peoples in Saudi Arabia and other Muslim nations.

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned

The name Cordoba, itself, refers to Islamic victory in Spain, Cordoba being one of the chief centers of Islamic power in Spain at the height of Islam's conquering of that region. The new mosque is them spitting in the face of America, building a prominent mosque on conquered land to commemorate victory over infidels.

That said, it is private property, and they are at liberty to build the mosque, legally, as far as I'm able to discern.

Morally and ethically? NO place is a good place to build a mosque, as it is a center of satanic worship. It will be a pagan temple in opposition to YHWH, almighty Creator, and secondarily it will be a blatant insult, a slap in the face to America. (But, sticks and stones...)

The greatest hypocrisy in this is that it is ILLEGAL to build a church or synagogue in Mecca, the capital of Islam, or anywhere in Saudi Arabia. It is not illegal in America to build a mosque, but it IS illegal to build a Jewish or Christian house of worship in their country. Blatant hypocrisy. Thank God for the ambassadors of Jesus Christ who risk their safety and their lives to take the gospel of His grace to the lost and pagan peoples in Saudi Arabia and other Muslim nations.
But why are you leaving out what the builders said about the name Cordoba house?

"The sponsors said the name was meant to invoke 8th–11th century Córdoba, where they said Muslims, Christians, and Jews co-existed in relative peace"

Source

Why must you guys be sneaky and post only what seems to make your irrational arguments seem valid to try and make others look evil.

This has nothing to do with spiting in the face of America, it has to do with your own bigotry and religious intolerance as summed up by you:

You are just another example od the Christian Fundamentalist who opposes everyone elses right to worship freely but cry about yours not being accepted.

It's not a coincidence that it's you right wing zealots leading the charge for intolerance.

Arthur Brain

Contrary to your perverted mind, abortion is murder, and homosexuality is as evil as child molestation and rape.

You are like a frog in hot water who doesn't know he is boiling to death.

I'm not pro abort so way to jump to conclusions madman. If you put homosexuality on a par with people having their basic human rights violated you're an utter loon.

madman

That your original statement of, "America does not grant rights to her enemies." was wrong. That's all. Your response here was intended to convey what, exactly?
And my point to you was that it goes against the Constitution to have given rights to our enemies. There are lots of things that are, that should not be.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
And my point to you was that it goes against the Constitution to have given rights to our enemies. There are lots of things that are, that should not be.
Well, that wasn't what you said. You should be more clear. Also, why wouldn't we give certain rights to our enemies? If we want our soldiers treated humanly shouldn't we treat our prisoners equally humanly?

Granite

Hall of Fame

It's not illegal, it's just satanic. How generous of you.

madman

Say somebody steels your shoes, should you steel shoes?
Does that make sense to you based on what I said? If so, you really are not bright enough to converse with anyone.

If you steal from someone, you are a thief, and should be punished as a thief, just as a murderer should be punished for murder.

Of course, we have already established in the past, that you think everyone should just do as he wills and there should be no personal accountability for anything. In fact, you take the position of rewarding evil behavior and punishing those who do what is right.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Does that make sense to you based on what I said? If so, you really are not bright enough to converse with anyone.

If you steal from someone, you are a thief, and should be punished as a thief, just as a murderer should be punished for murder.

Of course, we have already established in the past, that you think everyone should just do as he wills and there should be no personal accountability for anything. In fact, you take the position of rewarding evil behavior and punishing those who do what is right.
Typical Sozo tactic, avoid answering the question and then start accusing people of being guilty of things you cannot possibly support.

So I'll ask you again, what does the Golden rule, as described in the verses above, mean to you? How should you act towards others?

(Now we will see the next Sozo tactic where he accuses me of being a complete moron and quits talking to me all together.)

madman

Typical Sozo tactic, avoid answering the question and then start accusing people of being guilty of things you cannot possibly support.

So I'll ask you again, what does the Golden rule, as described in the verses above, mean to you? How should you act towards others?
In the context of our conversation regarding the treatment of enemies, I answered your question.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
In the context of our conversation regarding the treatment of enemies, I answered your question.
So our enemies are guilty of murder and should be executed. Okay. So then you would also support the execution of U.S. soldiers captured by the Taliban or Alquida since from their point of view, the American soldiers are enemies no less guilty of murder than our enemies are.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Conservatives are supposedly strict constitutionalists which means the state is not currently in the business of determining where places of worship can/cannot be built. They also seem to be those most opposed to having a "mosque" within 2 blocks of "Ground Zero."

Conservatives can't have it both ways - constitutionally Moslems can build mosques where they wish (subject to zoning). Any attempt to stop them would be an exercise in "judicial activism" by expanding, not limiting, the intrusion of government into the lives of private American citizens.
Well, I'm not a Constitutionalist, but I believe it is their right to build on private property. I just think it's either in poor taste, or intended as an insult.

madman

So our enemies are guilty of murder and should be executed. Okay. So then you would also support the execution of U.S. soldiers captured by the Taliban or Alquida since from their point of view, the American soldiers are enemies no less guilty of murder than our enemies are.
So, you believe that we fly planes into buildings and have suicide bombers all over the globe with the intention of murdering Muslims? You believe that our soldiers murdered the Nazis, right? Americans only fight in wars to murder people, according to you.

You are dumber than I believed it was humanly possible.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
So, you believe that we fly planes into buildings and have suicide bombers all over the globe with the intention of murdering Muslims? You believe that our soldiers murdered the Nazis, right? Americans only fight in wars to murder people, according to you.

You are dumber than I believed it was humanly possible.
You display a brain that posses an unusually high molecular weight!

No, what I am pointing out is that enemy is a relative term. You are asserting that it is acceptable to put our enemies to death. So I am asking you if it is equally acceptable for those who consider us to be an enemy to put us to death?

madman

No, what I am pointing out is that enemy is a relative term. You are asserting that it is acceptable to put our enemies to death. So I am asking you if it is equally acceptable for those who consider us to be an enemy to put us to death?
They are, dimwit.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

They are, dimwit.
They are what? Putting us to death? Well, if that is what you were saying then you missed the point of the question. The question is are they justified in putting us to death based on the fact that we are their enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.