ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

vfirestormv

These scriptures are irrefutable.
No one alive today follows it, but they claim they do.

I say give up on the charade.

Did Paul practice righteousness or did he just say, ah I can't do it anyway so why should I even try to be like Christ?

I am not saved by my righteousness but by Christ's. That does not mean I should just live any way I want.
And neither did Paul.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Why do you think Paul talked so much about fleeing from the lusts of the flesh and the works of the flesh and to strive for the fruits of the Spirit?

Why does Paul call himself a servant of Christ? And so many other saints, servants from Romans to Philemon. I would use the Gospels and Hebrews through Revelation and the Old Testament but seeing as your sect doesn't follow those I omitted them to try to teach you from the small portion of the Bible that you do claim to follow. That word servant means slave. You are a slave to whom you serve. Either you are a slave to sin. Or you are a slave to Christ being made free from sin, purchased by His blood.

I am a follower of Paul... what a crock. First off your sect picks and chooses from even Paul's letters what parts seem good to you and don't follow the rest.
Secondly even Paul warned of this when they argued about baptism. I am of Paul, I am of Apollos, I am of Christ... Is Christ divided?

1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
1Co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
1Co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Rightly divide the word of truth does not mean to divide it up into separate gospels, which it is not. But to rightly expound and dissect the word of truth. The context has nothing to do with separate gospels for different nations.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

He does not say the Jews, but all nations. That is Jews, Gentiles, Indians, Barbarians, and any other nationality there is or was.

This two or three gospels new age movement is the craziest thing I have ever heard of.
What about the books of Peter and John and James and Jude and Hebrews? Were they not written after Paul started preaching salvation by grace through faith? Then are not the Jews today saved the same way? Then why in the world would they continue to write about a different gospel if we are all saved the same way today?
My goodness you take something that God made so easy that a child can understand it and turn it into some complex divided house of God mumbo jumbo.

vfirestormv

Well, one shouldn't eat pork if they think every command Jesus ever gave was for everyone at all times.

But watch ......
The workers will start dividing the commands of Jesus into those that still apply to them and those that don't still apply to them.

Matthew 5:18-19 KJV
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
(19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Again, I am no worker for my salvation, but I am glad to be a worker because of it.

But on to your false claim... What part of the scriptures that you quoted don't apply to us today. The law is still there and still shows what man must do in order to be able to stand before God. In other words to show man that you can not stand before me at all, because you will be guilty before me. Not me, you, or any Jew, except Christ, has ever been able to keep the law. No flesh shall be justified by the law. He did not say, only the Jews. But no flesh. Therefore we need a savior. And when I say we, yes I mean the Jew and the Gentile.
But just because we can't do it ourselves does not mean that we are not to war against the flesh and try to do what is right. Our Apostle Paul taught that, you know.

vfirestormv

You missed the point.

Christ told them to keep the Law of Moses.

Why don't you?

No He showed them that the law was righteous and they could not keep it. He commanded them to repent (change of mind about sin) and believe on Him. The only times He uses the law was to show that the law is holy and to show them that even if they outwardly keep the law, inwardly they were still vile.

Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

SaulToPaul 2

No He showed them that the law was righteous and they could not keep it. He commanded them to repent (change of mind about sin) and believe on Him. The only times He uses the law was to show that the law is holy and to show them that even if they outwardly keep the law, inwardly they were still vile.

Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

But watch ......
The workers will start dividing the commands of Jesus into those that still apply to them and those that don't still apply to them.

(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
(19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

vfirestormv

How do YOU rightly divide the gospel (the word of truth)?

I don't divide it into 2 or 3 or 6 or how many gospels is it now? I expound on it. Which is what the word means. And the word of truth is the whole word of God. Which all of it from Gen. to Rev. points man to Christ. From Gen. to Mal. (Christ veiled) Mat. to Rev. (Christ unveiled)

vfirestormv

But watch ......

They all still apply, what do you mean? If you are to stand before God on your own, there is God's law and not one jot or title shall pass away from it. But even further Jesus said that you heard it said thou shalt not commit adultery but I tell you if you look upon another woman in lust you have committed adultery in your heart.
He is showing the law is much more than the letter, it includes the intents of the heart as well. So all men would stand before a Holy God GUILTY. Not one Jew not one Gentile can do it. So a savior had to come to bear the guilt and punishment of sin. It is the same to all. To the Jew first and also to the Gentile.
Come out of that sect that you are in and be set free by the truth of God's word. The whole word, not just the Pauline Epistles.

SaulToPaul 2

I don't divide it into 2 or 3 or 6 or how many gospels is it now? I expound on it. Which is what the word means. And the word of truth is the whole word of God. Which all of it from Gen. to Rev. points man to Christ. From Gen. to Mal. (Christ veiled) Mat. to Rev. (Christ unveiled)

What is the word of truth, according to Paul?

And if Paul is right, how do YOU rightly divide the gospel?

vfirestormv

But watch ......

The messages to the Churches in Rev., who are they to? The Gentiles Church or the so called separate Jewish Church?

SaulToPaul 2

They all still apply, what do you mean? If you are to stand before God on your own, there is God's law and not one jot or title shall pass away from it. But even further Jesus said that you heard it said thou shalt not commit adultery but I tell you if you look upon another woman in lust you have committed adultery in your heart.
He is showing the law is much more than the letter, it includes the intents of the heart as well. So all men would stand before a Holy God GUILTY. Not one Jew not one Gentile can do it. So a savior had to come to bear the guilt and punishment of sin. It is the same to all. To the Jew first and also to the Gentile.
Come out of that sect that you are in and be set free by the truth of God's word. The whole word, not just the Pauline Epistles.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments,"

Do you do and teach them?

vfirestormv

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments,"

Do you do and teach them?

I do try to keep them yes. But not for salvation. I try to keep them because they are good and holy. I fail every day though. And yes I teach them.
Should we be teaching against them?
Should we be teaching to live any way you want?
Did Paul teach that?