ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

heir

TOL Subscriber
it's written to a different church:

1. OT- church in the wilderness, Moses' house, earthly inheritance
2. 4 gospels, Heb-Rev - Christ's house, a priesthood, a holy nation, inheritance is a city
3. Romans-Philemon - Christ's Body, neither Jew nor Gentile, one new man, inheritance is the heavens

Reject, and continue in confusion, or accept and begin to see.
Mix them up and live in continual contradiction.
:thumb:

heir

TOL Subscriber
By using the word "church", that is exactly what you said!

That's not even close, but because you only want to see one church in the Bible, one gospel in the Bible and one inheritance you can't see the forest without bumping into the trees.

OCTOBER23

'Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God.'

---------- REPENT work on the self and Overcome sins.

Why do you suppose that is if, as some boast, they "got it all" when they said the sinners prayer?

------------------The Sinners prayer may Justify someone but that is not the end of the works that the sinner must do to complete the Salvation.

DAN P

You are doing an excellent job of creating confusion that was birthed in you..

Since, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, I ask this question for you: Where did you learn that; of whose opinion is it that you would conclude that there is more than one Body of Christ?

Hi , and this why when answering a question , when using the CHURCH , I use EKKLESIA !

EK in Greek means OUT !!

KLESIS means a calling !!

So EKKLESIA means a called out Assembly !!

So , you like to play TOYS , So , WHAT DOES THE WORD CHURCH mean ??

Come on KID lets see your small toy !!:rotfl::rotfl:

Where is it in the bible ??

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How many Gentiles in Moses' house?

Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,
Heb 3:2 who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house.
Heb 3:3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.
Heb 3:5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
Heb 3:6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

Your question has not relevance to the point made in the verses.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What rest is there to work to enter when we who believe are already SEATED with Christ in the heavenlies? He's seated, for His redemptive work is forever done. We who believe are saved by His finished work for us, and are thereby seated...resting...in Him.

You would have us seek to work for our rest...to rest in our own attainments, which is no rest at all. You're preaching a false gospel.

A woman who has received the promise of marriage at the return of her husband to be, must prepare herself for her future role as wife and mother of his children and the order of his household.

Therefore a believer today has to divest herself of her former manner of life and even that of her old household, over the time she has, after having received the promise of marriage.

That she has received something of the Spirit of the age to come helps her to prepare.

If no preparation is made then no marriage will occur for that woman.

Mat 10:37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
Mat 10:38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
Mat 10:39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
it's written to a different church:

1. OT- church in the wilderness, Moses' house, earthly inheritance

All now finished. Christ died and ended that covenant.

2. 4 gospels, Heb-Rev - Christ's house, a priesthood, a holy nation, inheritance is a city
3. Romans-Philemon - Christ's Body, neither Jew nor Gentile, one new man, inheritance is the heavens

No. The inheritance is a Heavenly Kingdom on earth.

Abraham also will inherit the promised country when the Heavenly City comes down with him a member with all the overcomer saints. (Heb ch 11)

and many will come from east and west and sit down with Abraham in the Kingdom on earth.

In a nutshell--

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Rom 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Reject, and continue in confusion, or accept and begin to see.
Mix them up and live in continual contradiction.

You are pulling the Bible apart into little pieces because you are not taught by the Lord to understand it, you follow the teachings of a sect.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How will one know he's labored enough? Can one know this side of death?

You would know if you have truly come to rest.

However you have not.

With you it is all a crooked theory concocted to deter you from laboring to enter into the promised rest.

You do not seem to know anything about it.

The Bible would not say to anyone that they should labor to enter into rest if it was referring to a gift concerning justification by faith.

Think about it.

LA

DAN P

However you have not.

With you it is all a crooked theory concocted to deter you from laboring to enter into the promised rest.

The Bible would not say to anyone that they should labor to enter into rest if it was referring to a gift concerning justification by faith.

Think about it.

LA

Hi , and you have a verse for labor into rest !!

It looks like WORK to me !!:deadhorse::deadhorse:

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

dan p

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

You have to let the Lord change your heart to be conformed to His by His living word (not head knowledge.)

This will hurt you, but if you read the testimonies of those who have rested then they all say it was worth it every bit.

It means that the believer experiences the things of Joseph and there is no other way to the Throne.

but those who refuse Acts 2, will never reign with Christ now or at His coming.

Rev 3:21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
Rev 3:22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' "

LA

musterion

However you have not.

Think about it.

LA

Answer: No, you don't know how much work is enough. You blather like a child.

Cross Reference

dan p

It is 'work'. Paul wrote we must labor to enter into it. Dying to self is never easy and takes effort. Try it sometime. Your love TO God will enable Him to help you. If fact, that is how it is ever done.

Cross Reference

All now finished. Christ died and ended that covenant.

No. The inheritance is a Heavenly Kingdom on earth.

Abraham also will inherit the promised country when the Heavenly City comes down with him a member with all the overcomer saints. (Heb ch 11)

and many will come from east and west and sit down with Abraham in the Kingdom on earth.

In a nutshell--

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Rom 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

You are pulling the Bible apart into little pieces because you are not taught by the Lord to understand it, you follow the teachings of a sect.

LA

SaultoPaul cannot seem to make the distinction between the natural and the spiritual when reading the OT and NT.

Cross Reference

Paul wrote that? How do you know? And if he did write it, what makes you think he was addressing you?

Quite honestly, he wasn't addressing you, you who have no elementary spiritual sensibilities to even begin to understand the issues surrounding salvation.

Unfortunately, we who do and are seeking more understanding that we might be further rectified by it, have to put up with your "juvenile inane prattling".