ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, I didn't realize.

Do you eat pork?
Well, one shouldn't eat pork if they think every command Jesus ever gave was for everyone at all times.

But watch ......
The workers will start dividing the commands of Jesus into those that still apply to them and those that don't still apply to them.

Matthew 5:18-19 KJV
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
(19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Cross Reference

No!

There is only ONE "if" in the entire post and it is the if written to the Hebrews in Hebrews.

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Why can't you admit that you added and changed the word of God and also my post?

We can all see who is the "dishonest" one here.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4137442&postcount=49

"We"sure can, can't "We"? Count how many "IFs are in this chapter and does it matter there only be one at the conclusion to Paul's exhortation???

Colossians 1:22,23 (KJV)

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;"

You better wake up, sonny Jim. Yer hangin' out with the wrong crowd.

Cross Reference

Gee, you aren't coming off as very "patient" there.It absolutely matters!

I am very patient with revealed honesty. You reveal none.

You can't even begin to study to shew thyself approved unto God if you don't first recognize to whom a passage is written.

If it is written to Christians, why not? Is this passage not to be taken seriously: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) If not, what is the cutoff point?

Because it is God's word to Christians ___All Christians!

The pure words of the Lord are my final authority not whether or not a so called scholar of the "majority" teaches it or not.

So, by that inconsistent remark, you believe Hebrews is NOT the pure words of the Lord. That's interesting.

Who was caught in this very thread changing the word of God? It wasn't me.

You! Continually! You who demands his 'warped' irrational understanding be THE-E understanding everyone MUST embrace.

s for the "WHOLE" truth:

Which one of these do you obey: Acts 10:35 KJV or Titus 3:5 KJV

And of these? Matthew 6:28-31 KJV or 2 Thessalonians 3:10 KJV

And what about these?: Leviticus 11:3 KJV or 1 Timothy 4:4 KJV

Those who rightly divide get to believe ALL SCRIPTURE recognizing that while all the Bible is FOR our learning, it's certainly not all TO us!

Nope! 1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

Fact is you have been given much of the WHOLE TRUTH you choose to ignore or dismiss out of hand because you know you can't reconcile what I am offering you in black and white. Listen, once you start dispensing God's Truth in the manner you have been taught to do, you will waste your life __arguing with yourself because of unbelief. You will never connect the "spiritual dots" that you might come into the fullness of God's "Rest".

Now, You didn't come by that irrational disposition and empty teaching on your own so, who is it I am really contending with __ MacAuthor; Sproul; McGee; or one the many 'Schofield scholars' who don't know which end is up? Come clean __ if you are not ashamed. I want to know.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"We"sure can, can't "We"? Count how many "IFs are in this chapter and does it matter there only be one at the conclusion to Paul's exhortation???
How many ifs in the chapter is not what I was having to address because of your adding and changing the word of God and my post, nor what you asked of me. You move the target a little to the left, a little to the right...how very subtil of you. Why don't you admit you added and changed the word of God and my post?

Colossians 1:22,23 (KJV)

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;"
That has everything to do with being grounded and settled. It has nothing to do with salvation. To be otherwise (other than grounded and settled) is to be moved away from the hope of the gospel (that's Paul's "my gospel" 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, the gospel that we are made partakers of God's promise in Christ by Ephesians 3:6 KJV).
You better wake up, sonny Jim. Yer hangin' out with the wrong crowd.
I think it's time you do before it's too late (2 Corinthians 6:2 KJV). Trust the Lord for salvation believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Nothing else is going to save you (Romans 1:16-17 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am very patient with revealed honesty. You reveal none.
What has been revealed here is your dishonesty.

If it is written to Christians, why not? Is this passage not to be taken seriously: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) If not, what is the cutoff point?
Notice, it says all scripture is FOR us. Where does it say it's all TO us?

So, by that inconsistent remark, you believe Hebrews is NOT the pure words of the Lord. That's interesting.
What is it with these sheeple? They cannot comprehend what is written in the word and to whom nor carry on a conversation.

You! Continually! You who demands his 'warped' irrational understanding be THE-E understanding everyone MUST embrace.
We can all see who is the "dishonest" one here. It's you when you came into my post and changed what the word of God says and what I said.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...2&postcount=49

Fact is you have been given much of the WHOLE TRUTH you choose to ignore or dismiss out of hand because you know you can't reconcile what I am offering you in black and white.
Oh, the irony.
Listen, once you start dispensing God's Truth in the manner you have been taught to do, you will waste your life __arguing with yourself because of unbelief. You will never connect the "spiritual dots" that you might come into the fullness of God's "Rest".
I'm already made a partaker Ephesians 3:6 KJV

I have all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Ephesians 1:3 KJV.

I am complete in Christ Colossians 2:8 KJV

Have a nice day. I hope you get saved by trusting the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV before your last breath on this earth.

Now, You didn't come by that irrational disposition and empty teaching on your own so, who is it I am really contending with __ MacAuthor; Sproul; McGee; or one the many 'Schofield scholars' who don't know which end is up? Come clean __ if you are not ashamed. I want to know.
1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

musterion

I've known many Pentecostals and whenever they're pinned down on their pet doctrines, they show what a low view of Scripture they have by their dishonest, cavalier handling of it. This thread is proof of it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It requires the Pentecostal experience, baptism BY Jesus Christ, that one might receive the Faith OF Christ. It is a gift apart from initial salvation that will bring insight for the specific will of God to be recognized by the believer.
I just saw the above post and had to reply!

Nope! There is but one baptism that concerns us and it's "by one Spirit". When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Cross Reference

Nope! There is but one baptism that concerns us and it's "by one Spirit". When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

So who is mentoring you, Hair? Don't you want to blame someone for your stupidity? You really can't claim all the credit, you know. You had help. Many came before you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It requires the Pentecostal experience, baptism BY Jesus Christ, that one might receive the Faith OF Christ. It is a gift apart from initial salvation that will bring insight for the specific will of God to be recognized by the believer.
Initial salvation? What is that?!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I've known many Pentecostals and whenever they're pinned down on their pet doctrines, they show what a low view of Scripture they have by their dishonest, cavalier handling of it. This thread is proof of it.
Yep!

SaulToPaul 2

Well, one shouldn't eat pork if they think every command Jesus ever gave was for everyone at all times.

But watch ......
The workers will start dividing the commands of Jesus into those that still apply to them and those that don't still apply to them.

Matthew 5:18-19 KJV
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
(19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

These scriptures are irrefutable.
No one alive today follows it, but they claim they do.

I say give up on the charade.