ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

Cross Reference

'Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God.'

Why do you suppose that is if, as some boast, they "got it all" when they said the sinners prayer?

heir

TOL Subscriber
'Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God.'
While that is true for Israel future,

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

it is not true of those of us in the Body of Christ. We are made partakers by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

Cross Reference

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

it is not true of those of us in the Body of Christ. if [we] are made partakers by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:if

We must "what"??

So the question is to you __ "are you alive in Christ?" I think not.

<I love toying with you kids who believe you have arrived>

heir

TOL Subscriber
This is cross reference's sad attempt to make all of the Bible say the same thing. He must resorts to changing the word of God and my post.

it is not true of those of us in the Body of Christ. if are made partakers by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:if
And yes, there is a big IF attached to Israel future, but Cross Reference changed and added the word "if" to the Ephesians passage.

sssssssssss

We do not have to hold our confidence stedfast to the end to be partakers as the Hebrews. We are made partakers by the gospel!

The KJB stands as does my point.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We must "what"??
Your flat out refusal to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV leaves you, like so many, to resort to the tactic of CHANGING the word of God, corrupting it. Pathetic.

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

So the question is to you __ "are you alive in Christ?" I think not.
Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Cross Reference

Your flat out refusal to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV leaves you, like so many, to resort to the tactic of CHANGING the word of God, corrupting it. Pathetic.

Refuse?? Refuse what, kid?

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Whose we?? Define yourself, kid?

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Who is "us"? You don't speak or 'act' or think like any Christian I know or want to know __ except to warn.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Refuse?? Refuse what, kid?

Whose we?? Define yourself, kid?
You changed what the word of God says and what I said. PATHETIC! You resorted to corrupting the word of God in your refusal to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. PATHETIC!

And as for me being a "kid". I'm no goat, but I guess you're despising my youth. Why is that?

Who is "us"? You don't speak or 'act' or think like any Christian I know or want to know __ except to warn.
The us are those of us in the Body of Christ. You know, the ones who are made partakers of God's promise in Christ BY THE GOSPEL with NO "if" attached!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

God made us meet!

Cross Reference

You changed what the word of God says and what I said. PATHETIC! You resorted to corrupting the word of God in your refusal to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. PATHETIC!

What did I change that you wrote? What did I change that I didn't make known? POINT IT OUT!

And as for me being a "kid". I'm no goat, but I guess you're despising my youth. Why is that?

No! You are a novice. But now That I think about it, you are a goat __ a novice goat.

The us are those of us in the Body of Christ. You know, the ones who are made partakers of God's promise in Christ BY THE GOSPEL with NO "if" attached!

There plenty of them [600+ in the NT alone] you ignore that speak the true gospel you should give more attention to.

God made us meet!

Only by obedience to Him does He do that. Learn it because it isn't about salvation ___and yet it is, as God purposes it to be. But you will be quick to demean it; to make an issue of salvation by "works".

Ditto my above.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

it is not true of those of us in the Body of Christ. We are made partakers by the gospel!

Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,
Heb 3:2 who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house.
Heb 3:3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.
Heb 3:5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
Heb 3:6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

LA

Cross Reference

This is cross reference's sad attempt to make all of the Bible say the same thing. He must resorts to changing the word of God and my post.And yes, there is a big IF attached to Israel future, but Cross Reference changed and added the word "if" to the Ephesians passage.

sssssssssss

We do not have to hold our confidence stedfast to the end to be partakers as the Hebrews. We are made partakers by the gospel!

The KJB stands as does my point.

Why not? What is the difference between a Heb. Christian and Gentile Christian? Is God not about the making out of the "twain", one new man? Or perhaps, you don't know about that?
. . . . 2Timothy 2:15.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why not? What is the difference between a Heb. Christian and Gentile Christian? Is God not about the making out of the "twain", one new man? Or perhaps, you don't know about that?

you are "we" - you are "us". the Bible is written TO each one of us. WE are all partakers. i'm sure no Christ follower thinks they have "arrived" or is just set. the work is done. NO. it's a lifelong walk simply to try as hard as we can. no matter what you think of Jesus or even confuscious, just striving to be be Christlike is good no matter how you slice it. CR seems to enjoy trying to spread doubt, it may work on confused people but not most. Jesus is Enough. twain and the tweedle deedle doo, just focusin' on dis dang dang word here. hhmmm. and never the twain should meet. "there is no laughter in heaven, because there is no sorrow" - Mark Twain - CleverDan

musterion

What rest is there to work to enter when we who believe are already SEATED with Christ in the heavenlies? He's seated, for His redemptive work is forever done. We who believe are saved by His finished work for us, and are thereby seated...resting...in Him.

You would have us seek to work for our rest...to rest in our own attainments, which is no rest at all. You're preaching a false gospel.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

you are "we" - you are "us". the Bible is written TO each one of us. WE are all partakers. i'm sure no Christ follower thinks they have "arrived" or is just set. the work is done. NO. it's a lifelong walk simply to try as hard as we can. no matter what you think of Jesus or even confuscious, just striving to be be Christlike is good no matter how you slice it. CR seems to enjoy trying to spread doubt, it may work on confused people but not most. Jesus is Enough. twain and the tweedle deedle doo, just focusin' on dis dang dang word here. hhmmm. and never the twain should meet. "there is no laughter in heaven, because there is no sorrow" - Mark Twain - CleverDan

. . . musing . . . "Spread doubt?"?. . . Another one with selective reading issues . . .

What is it you don't seem to understand about what I wrote that leads you that conclusion? Need some scripture?

SaulToPaul 2

Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,
Heb 3:2 who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house.
Heb 3:3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.
Heb 3:5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
Heb 3:6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

LA

How many Gentiles in Moses' house?

SaulToPaul 2

it's written to a different church:

1. OT- church in the wilderness, Moses' house, earthly inheritance
2. 4 gospels, Heb-Rev - Christ's house, a priesthood, a holy nation, inheritance is a city
3. Romans-Philemon - Christ's Body, neither Jew nor Gentile, one new man, inheritance is the heavens

Reject, and continue in confusion, or accept and begin to see.
Mix them up and live in continual contradiction.

Cross Reference

it's written to a different church:
Reject, and continue in confusion, or accept and begin to see.
Mix them up and live in continual contradiction.

You are doing an excellent job of creating confusion that was birthed in you..

Since, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, I ask this question for you: Where did you learn that; of whose opinion is it that you would conclude that there is more than one Body of Christ?

SaulToPaul 2

You are doing an excellent job of creating confusion that was birthed in you..

Since, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, I ask this question for you: Where did you learn that; of whose opinion is it that you would conclude that there is more than one Body of Christ?

I didn't say that.
Stay in confusion, it's ok with me.

:wave: