ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

heir

TOL Subscriber
This will hurt you, but if you read the testimonies of those who have rested then they all say it was worth it every bit.

It means that the believer experiences the things of Joseph and there is no other way to the Throne.

but those who refuse Acts 2, will never reign with Christ now or at His coming.

Rev 3:21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
Rev 3:22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' "

LA
The above is a testimony of someone who has never had a moment in their life when they trusted what the Lord overcame in our place: LA lost.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is 'work'. Paul wrote we must labor to enter into it.
Paul did not write that! Paul wrote that we can't work for salvation! Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV

We are made partakers BY THE GOSPEL (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). That's by the faith OF Jesus Christ and His work!

Cross Reference

Paul did not write that! Paul wrote that we can't work for salvation! Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV

We are made partakers BY THE GOSPEL (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). That's by the faith OF Jesus Christ and His work!

If you believe Paul wrote the Hebrew Christians then Paul wrote to all Christians:

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any [Christian] man fall after the same example of unbelief." Hebrews 4:11 (KJV)

[emphasis mine]

Why don't you take this opportunity to educate yourself by reading the whole chapter ___ learn.

Cross Reference

It requires the Pentecostal experience, baptism BY Jesus Christ, that one might receive the Faith OF Christ. It is a gift apart from initial salvation that will bring insight for the specific will of God to be recognized by the believer.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What did I change that you wrote?
You changed the word of God by adding a big IF where it does not appear in the text and did so using my post making it appear as though I said it. You are of the "many, which corrupt the word of God (2 Corinthians 2:17 KJV).

Cross Reference

You changed the word of God by adding a big IF where it does not appear in the text and did so using my post making it appear as though I said it. You are of the "many, which corrupt the word of God (2 Corinthians 2:17 KJV).
The connotation is there, pal. Learn by learning the context and get away from proof texting to make ANY point.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If you believe Paul wrote the Hebrew Christians then Paul wrote to all Christians:

Why don't you take this opportunity to educate yourself by reading the whole chapter ___ learn.
"Take this opportunity to educate yourself" on how we can know that Paul did NOT write Hebrews. Here's one of the reasons: every epistle Paul wrote begins with the salutation of "Paul".

2 Thessalonians 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

See for yourself:

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1 Corinthians 1:1 Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Colossians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

1 Thessalonians 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Philemon 1:1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,

Hebrews does not!

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

heir

TOL Subscriber
The connotation is there, pal. Learn by learning the context and get away from proof texting to make ANY point.
No, it isn't! You not only forced the word IF in there in your mind because you want to see it there, but took it to the next level and changed what the text actually says! You corrupted the word of God! Admit it!

This is my original post

While that is true for Israel future,

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

it is not true of those of us in the Body of Christ. We are made partakers by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

and this is what you did to the word of God and my post. This is Cross Reference at "work":

While that is true for Israel future,

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

it is not true of those of us in the Body of Christ. if [we] are made partakers by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:if

We must "what"??

So the question is to you __ "are you alive in Christ?" I think not.

<I love toying with you kids who believe you have arrived>
Is that what you call changing the word of God to suit your perverted gospel: "toying"?

Cross Reference

"Take this opportunity to educate yourself" on how we can know that Paul did NOT write Hebrews. Here's one of the reasons: every epistle Paul wrote begins with the salutation of "Paul".

Now, you take this opportunity and my patience to understand that you are picking fly c... out of pepper. It doesn't matter who wrote Hebrews. If you don't believe Paul wrote it, it makes no difference. That is your opinion which is diametrically opposed to the majority of teachers of the scriptures. Those, as you, who want the scriptures to say what they don't, embrace another opinion which is lso diametrically opposed [corrupted] to the WHOLE truth God He intends for His kids to embrace.

If you paid for your Biblical education, you were scammed; you have "Malware" of the mind; a spiritual virus that can only be eradicated by throwing out your commentaries and any other corrupted teaching, etc., and pray before you read your Bible that God might open your eyes to know His understanding to be a reward to them that "diligently" seek Him.

Cross Reference

No, it isn't! You not only forced the word IF in there in your mind because you want to see it there, but took it to the next level and changed what the text actually says! You corrupted the word of God! Admit it!

This is my original post

and this is what you did to the word of God and my post. This is Cross Reference at "work":

Is that what you call changing the word of God to suit your perverted gospel: "toying"?

Were the first two "if's" correct?

You are a dishonest, pup.

SaulToPaul 2

Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,
Heb 3:2 who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house.
Heb 3:3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.
Heb 3:5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
Heb 3:6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

Your question has not relevance to the point made in the verses.

LA

It has much relevance.

The Old covenant was made with Israel and Judah. Moses' house was all Jews.

The New covenant is with Israel and Judah. Jesus' house is also all Jews. (And you can't be in it)

You just don't like it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Now, you take this opportunity and my patience to understand that you are picking fly c... out of pepper.
Gee, you aren't coming off as very "patient" there.
It doesn't matter who wrote Hebrews.
It absolutely matters! You can't even begin to study to shew thyself approved unto God if you don't first recognize to whom a passage is written.
If you don't believe Paul wrote it, it makes no difference.
Why not?
That is your opinion which is diametrically opposed to the majority of teachers of the scriptures.
The pure words of the Lord are my final authority not whether or not a so called scholar of the "majority" teaches it or not.
Those, as you, who want the scriptures to say what they don't, embrace another opinion which is lso diametrically opposed [corrupted] to the WHOLE truth God He intends for His kids to embrace.
Who was caught in this very thread changing the word of God? It wasn't me. As for the "WHOLE" truth:

Which one of these do you obey: Acts 10:35 KJV or Titus 3:5 KJV

And of these? Matthew 6:28-31 KJV or 2 Thessalonians 3:10 KJV

And what about these?: Leviticus 11:3 KJV or 1 Timothy 4:4 KJV

Those who rightly divide get to believe ALL SCRIPTURE recognizing that while all the Bible is FOR our learning, it's certainly not all TO us!

If you paid for your Biblical education, you were scammed; you have "Malware" of the mind; a spiritual virus that can only be eradicated by throwing out your commentaries and any other corrupted teaching, etc., and pray before you read your Bible that God might open your eyes to know His understanding to be a reward to them that "diligently" seek Him.
Nope! 1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
You aren't a born again Christian, either.
I'm not born again, but a new creature

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And BTW, you aren't born again either unless this is true of you:

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Were the first two "if's" correct?
No!

There is only ONE "if" in the entire post and it is the if written to the Hebrews in Hebrews.

Why can't you admit that you added and changed the word of God and also my post?

You are a dishonest, pup.
We can all see who is the "dishonest" one here.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4137442&postcount=49