This Is, After All, A Theology Forum!

Quincy

I have discovered that “gutter language” or “verbal violence” or “cruelty” comes from the fact that we are unable to process our own suffering.

We treat others in the way we have learned from our parents since childhood.

There are many, many ways to learn how to give and take criticism in mature ways. But it takes inspiration, effort and some time. But I have found it is sooooo worth it!

But let the reader beware! I still struggle with it way too often.

Yea, criticism should always be shared and welcome, even if it's harsh, im my opinion. It's the condescending attitudes and insults that show someone's true colors. There's a big difference between contradiction and persecution. Some people think they're being persecuted when they aren't and others think they are just contradicting when they aren't. The human experience, haha.

turbosixx

How do you all feel about the vulgar comments made by some of our posters?
I detest them!
It casts a pall over the whole forum.
Our goal here is to bring people to Christ whilst encouraging lively dialogue amongst those of all religious persuasions as well as those who are not persuaded!
We have been blessed with posters of great knowledge as well as wisdom.
We have been blessed with people of wit and charm who are able to differ with courtesy and dignity.
I have delighted in the wit displayed by some which is able to walk around the edges of "naughty" without making me wish to vomit.
I pledge, as a Moderator, to ban those who resort to gutter language to express themselves.

I don't like it either but I see it as a tree showing us it's fruit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do you all feel about the vulgar comments made by some of our posters?
I detest them!
It casts a pall over the whole forum.
Our goal here is to bring people to Christ whilst encouraging lively dialogue amongst those of all religious persuasions as well as those who are not persuaded!
We have been blessed with posters of great knowledge as well as wisdom.
We have been blessed with people of wit and charm who are able to differ with courtesy and dignity.
I have delighted in the wit displayed by some which is able to walk around the edges of "naughty" without making me wish to vomit.
I pledge, as a Moderator, to ban those who resort to gutter language to express themselves.

If they can't control the way they express themselves, they don't need to be here.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So, are you the Jew or the liberal? :shocked:

psiholog.gif

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i don't see a whole lot of theology being discussed in this thread

Psalm 11 In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

glorydaz

I'm glad I never try to appear like something I'm not. No mask from my profile pics

So, are you the Jew or the liberal? :shocked:

Neither.....he's a liar by default. :chuckle:

I don't make the rules. If I did you wouldn't be here for calling people liars. Just because you disagree with a person's interpretation doesn't mean they are lying. Maybe you don't know the difference.

And if I made the rules you wouldn't be here....because you're too ignorant to follow the bouncing ball. Look at PJ's avatar. Look at his comment. Look at Quincy's comment. Look at my comment. Now go ahead and have your little tantrum. It won't be the first one I've witnessed.

Nor will it be PJ's first lie....some not even by default. So you can take your silly comments about what you would do were you in charge and we can just keep playing tit for tat. I've tatted you. Your move.