This Is, After All, A Theology Forum!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great post, bybee.

Might I add a little humor and suggest that forum violators be required to come up with 10 (TEN) coherent acronyms in the Acronym Game thread...:)
denied.gif

Jamie Gigliotti

Now you are catching on! We will see how long this lasts.

Am I insulting a perverted homo by saying he is a perverted homo? No! I am merely identifying him.

And what if that helped to push that person over the edge.
"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1

Jamie Gigliotti

What argument? That Christians are flawed? You sure wouldn't know the Christians around here think so! Because they are certainly convinced they are better than everyone else, and they fight tooth and nail to never admit that they could even remotely, possibly, to even the slightest degree, be wrong about anything, ever!

There are at least a half dozen regulars, here, who are auto-defensive to the degree of absurdity. And they are also the same folks who sink to the nastiest behavior when they think they are being "attacked" because someone has dared to suggest that 'Christendom' might be wrong about something.

Some use Christ as a licence to do evil.

HisServant

Some use Christ as a licence to do evil.

When your religion revolves around do's and dont's and is attractive to the unsaved.. you get a lot of people in the church that see it as a license to sin because they aren't saved to begin with.

By you stating things the way you do, I am concerned about your standing before God.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Am I insulting a perverted homo by saying he is a perverted homo?

the perverted homo will think so, as will those who support him and think he should be allowed his "rights" in our society

but really, who cares what they think?

Quincy

How do you all feel about the vulgar comments made by some of our posters?
I detest them!
It casts a pall over the whole forum.
Our goal here is to bring people to Christ whilst encouraging lively dialogue amongst those of all religious persuasions as well as those who are not persuaded!
We have been blessed with posters of great knowledge as well as wisdom.
We have been blessed with people of wit and charm who are able to differ with courtesy and dignity.
I have delighted in the wit displayed by some which is able to walk around the edges of "naughty" without making me wish to vomit.
I pledge, as a Moderator, to ban those who resort to gutter language to express themselves.

I definitely understand why you detest them, they don't offer anything beneficial to the discussions, on the surface at least. To me, that's the best thing about the internet, though. The anonymous environment allows people to show their true nature. In the end, that just confirms my bias against certain people of a particular persuasion.

and I don't care about what their intent is, either. If you can't articulate it properly and what you actually tell people makes you sound like Patrick Stewart during Chrismas time before all the ghosts visit, then that is what you are.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Thank you so much for posting this topic. “Gutter language” has no place anywhere in life. Using it is as an immature response must be confronted by all of us whenever it confronts us,

Theologically I have been banned several times for being “disruptive” and “blasphemous.”

These labels are general terms only and do not give me any information as to their specific applications. As you can imagine, these terms give me no idea what they are referring to. They certainly come from another person’s feelings, but they give me no way to become accountable for my postings or to do something different.

Ever since my “born again” moment over 30 years ago, I see Jesus as “the norm of the Bible” for me. I might not seem like a traditional Christian, but I recognize and try to hold to the God I see in the words and actions of Jesus’s teachings and actions.

The only thing that might be fearful and unsettling for many on TOL is the fact that I endeavor to separate the actual real-world events from the theology placed there by the traditions of men.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
and I don't care about what their intent is, either. If you can't articulate it properly and what you actually tell people makes you sound like Patrick Stewart during Chrismas time before all the ghosts visit, then that is what you are.

I have discovered that “gutter language” or “verbal violence” or “cruelty” comes from the fact that we are unable to process our own suffering.

We treat others in the way we have learned from our parents since childhood.

There are many, many ways to learn how to give and take criticism in mature ways. But it takes inspiration, effort and some time. But I have found it is sooooo worth it!

But let the reader beware! I still struggle with it way too often.

bybee

I definitely understand why you detest them, they don't offer anything beneficial to the discussions, on the surface at least. To me, that's the best thing about the internet, though. The anonymous environment allows people to show their true nature. In the end, that just confirms my bias against certain people of a particular persuasion.

Yup!

glorydaz

I have discovered that “gutter language” or “verbal violence” or “cruelty” comes from the fact that we are unable to process our own suffering.

We treat others in the way we have learned from our parents since childhood.

There are many, many ways to learn how to give and take criticism in mature ways. But it takes inspiration, effort and some time. But I have found it is sooooo worth it!

But let the reader beware! I still struggle with it way too often.

I grew up trying to please everyone, and found out it was wrong to do that, because not everyone wanted right things, and there was always someone who disapproved of what was said. I learned that hypocrites say what it takes to appear perfect in the eyes of others. Now, I speak the truth as I see it and let others take it however they like.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I grew up trying to please everyone, and found out it was wrong to do that, because not everyone wanted right things, and there was always someone who disapproved of what was said. I learned that hypocrites say what it takes to appear perfect in the eyes of others. Now, I speak the truth as I see it and let others take it however they like.
That is the stage I have finally come to as well.

My early family life left me as an adult with being basically socially retarded and afraid.

But my faith now is strong. Nothing can disturb it and I am so glad I have been able to stand up for myself like you have.

Even though I have my share of problems, life is sweet and God is good--thanks to my relationship with Jesus and Christ.