This Is, After All, A Theology Forum!

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not think it wise to divulge too much of one's private life. There are those who will pounce on the vulnerabilities of others with intent to be harmful.
It can get hot in the kitchen!
And some pounce on any lifestyle they do not understand. :)

PureX

Just because you disagree with a person's interpretation doesn't mean they are lying.
It does when you can't differentiate between your own opinions and ideas on things, and reality itself.

There are a lot of people on TOL who are so obsessed with the idea of their own absolute righteousness that they cannot comprehend the idea that they might actually be wrong when they think they are right. Because for them, thinking they are right is equal to BEING right.

They cannot acknowledge the honesty or wisdom of doubting themselves. They think that doubting themselves is doubting God. Because their God is their own ideology. They have deified and idolized their own religious conceptions of God, and so cannot ever question or doubt those conceptions. Their righteousness must be absolute, and unquestioned. Because they think to question or doubt their conceptions of God, is to question and doubt God, Himself.

That's the sickness of obsessive self-righteousness. Of "identity religion". And it's a sickness that is poisoning many Christians, and many of the Christians that participate on TOL. It's also the sickness that turns many people away from Christianity, because they can see what the Christian can't: how that obsession with self-righteousness is closing their minds and hearts to the life and love and wisdom of their fellow humans.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It does when you can't differentiate between your own opinions and ideas on things, and reality itself.

There are a lot of people on TOL who are so obsessed with the idea of their own absolute righteousness blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla

dude - get a new routine

this old schtick is moldy

Quetzal

There are a lot of people on TOL who are so obsessed with the idea of their own absolute righteousness that they cannot comprehend the idea that they might actually be wrong when they think they are right. Because for them, thinking they are right is equal to BEING right.

They cannot acknowledge the honesty or wisdom of doubting themselves. They think that doubting themselves is doubting God. Because their God is their own ideology. They have deified and idolized their own religious conceptions of God, and so cannot ever question or doubt those conceptions. Their righteousness must be absolute, and unquestioned. Because they think to question or doubt their conceptions of God, is to question and doubt God, Himself.

That's the sickness of obsessive self-righteousness. And it's a sickness that is poisoning many Christians, and many of the Christians that participate on TOL. It's also the sickness that turns many people away from Christianity, because they can see what the Christian can't: how that obsession with self-righteousness is closing their minds and hearts to the life and love and wisdom of their fellow humans.
Neil deGrasse Tyson agrees, and so do I.
I0AIAGo.png

bybee

That's the sickness of obsessive self-righteousness. Of "identity religion". And it's a sickness that is poisoning many Christians, and many of the Christians that participate on TOL. It's also the sickness that turns many people away from Christianity, because they can see what the Christian can't: how that obsession with self-righteousness is closing their minds and hearts to the life and love and wisdom of their fellow humans.

Some food for thought here.

glorydaz

At this time and for over a month I have been alluded to with comments about insanity, lying, faking and exaggerating.

He pokes the hive and wonders why the bees fly. :think:

The post I make will highlight the crux of our discussion, and i have medical records to prove everything I claim or have claimed. Enough is enough. I will make the post within 30 days.

I'm sure we all wait with baited breath.