ECT There is one Gospel/salvation, Heb 2:3

God's Truth

GOD's universal throne in heaven over all creation is never called the throne of David in Scripture.
David's throne was over the twelve tribes in the promised land from Dan to Beer Sheva. 2Sa_3:10

I gave scripture that proves that that is God's rule.

I gave scripture showing the people rejected God as their King.

Deal with the scriptures I gave and no mere opinions.

God's Truth

Of course, it is and it was on this earth and it is the throne promised to Christ at His return.

It was promised that a blood relative would rule on that throne, and a blood relative is.

That blood relative just happens to be a Man as the Jews wanted, and that Man happens to be God.

When the NEW Jerusalem comes down, that is when Jesus hands the kingdom over to the Father.

However, you say Jesus is going to step off that throne and come to earth and sit on a throne here and rule, but that is when Jesus hands over the kingdom!

dodge

Good.

1 Peter 1
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

And hope to the end, for the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Some refer this to the last judgment, as if the apostle directed their hope to the final revelation of Jesus Christ; but it seems more natural to take it, as it might be rendered, "Hope perfectly, or thoroughly, for the grace that is brought to you in or by the revelation of Jesus Christ; that is, by the gospel, which brings life and immortality to light. Hope perfectly, trust without doubting to that grace which is now offered to you by the gospel.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/mhc/1Pe/1Pe_001.cfm?a=1152013

SaulToPaul 2

And hope to the end, for the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Some refer this to the last judgment, as if the apostle directed their hope to the final revelation of Jesus Christ; but it seems more natural to take it, as it might be rendered, "Hope perfectly, or thoroughly, for the grace that is brought to you in or by the revelation of Jesus Christ; that is, by the gospel, which brings life and immortality to light. Hope perfectly, trust without doubting to that grace which is now offered to you by the gospel.

Did you google a commentary on it?

You read it. It's plain language. The context of the entire chapter is pointing toward the second coming.

dodge

You read it. It's plain language. The context of the entire chapter is pointing toward the second coming.

Yes , after I read it in my bible again and looked through several sources. I believe Matthew Henry sums up the best interpretation.

God's Truth

I did NOT say that!

Then explain it better to me. Tell me if you believe all Jews will believe in Jesus BEFORE he comes again, and then meet him in the air with all the saved?
I could understand the belief that many Jews will turn to Jesus in the end times, but they still have to do that BEFORE Jesus comes again, and they will be no different than any other person saved in the Lord.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It was promised that a blood relative would rule on that throne, and a blood relative is.

Presently, there is no one ruling from David's throne.

That blood relative just happens to be a Man as the Jews wanted, and that Man happens to be God.

Ain't nothin' happenstance about it.

When the NEW Jerusalem comes down, that is when Jesus hands the kingdom over to the Father.

When New Jerusalem comes down to where?

So, you believe the Lord Jesus will cease to reign over the Kingdom at that point?

However, you say Jesus is going to step off that throne and come to earth and sit on a throne here and rule, but that is when Jesus hands over the kingdom!

I believe this exactly as it says, with none of your fancy freelance changes in Biblical definition:

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the land mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Isa 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Right Divider

Body part
Then explain it better to me. Tell me if you believe all Jews will believe in Jesus BEFORE he comes again, and then meet him in the air with all the saved?
I could understand the belief that many Jews will turn to Jesus in the end times, but they still have to do that BEFORE Jesus comes again, and they will be no different than any other person saved in the Lord.
You confuse God's dealing with Israel through prophecy and His OTHER dealing without Israel that was a mystery until He revealed it to and through Paul.

When Jesus returns, there will still be a thousand year reign on the earth in which people can make choices.

dodge

Hold the phone ! What exactly do you believe I am not seeing?

1 Peter 1:1-13King James Version (KJV)

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Has begotten=present tense

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Reserved for you in heaven=NOW

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Are kept=NOW

6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
That the trial of your faith,=present tense
though it be tried with fire=present tense
might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:=present tense

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

you love =NOW

yet believing,=NOW
ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory=NOW

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
Receiving the end of your faith=NOW
even the salvation of your souls=NOW

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
enquired and searched diligently,=past tense
who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:=past tense

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify=past tnse
when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.=past tense

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

ALL PAST TENSE

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end=present tense
and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;=future tense
at the revelation of Jesus Christ;= both future and present

john w

Hall of Fame
I have been told by "some" in MAD that the only scripture that applies to the B.O.C. are the letters that Paul wrote.

Go on record, then and assert that all of the scripture, is about everyone specifically, and is for everyone's obedience.

Go ahead, right after you sell all you have.

Fraud-even you know it.

john w

Hall of Fame
State your point no matter how you read it the verses I quoted from Peter is where Peter preached the "same" gospel as Paul.

Who is on first ?

Can one be saved, if they deny the resurrection? Is the death of the Lord Jesus Christ not the basis of our reconciliation? Peter, twice, attempted to prevent that death. Why would he do that, given that it was/is the basis of him being reconciled? 3 years with the Master, so stuff any humanistic excuses/spin, as to why He did. Explain. Unpack it for us.

When was Peter saved?

Tick....tick....

Show us Peter preaching the D.B.R., in Matthew-John, prior to the historic fulfillment of the D. B. R.

Show us; show us your biblical skill. Should be a piece of cake, you being the standard bearer for "real Christianity," in contrast to the "lies of MAD."

We will wait....for an eternity.

Watch the dodgeball, evasion, crying, complaining on how mean I am, and.....

Weeks-no response.