THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

genuineoriginal

He tells Timothy to hold fast the form of sound words that he has heard of Paul 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV
to commit what he has heard of Paul to faithful men 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV
to consider what he says 2 Timothy 2:7 KJV
and to rightly divide the word of truth 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
Yes, Paul said those things, but what He commanded Timothy to STUDY was not Paul's words, but the Old Testament scriptures, just like the people in Berea did.

Acts 17:10-11
10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Old Testament is the portion of the Bible that comes directly from the TaNaKh, composed of the Torah (Law, also known as the five books of Moses and the Pentateuch), the Nevi'im ("Prophets") and Ketuvim ("Writings").

The Old Testament is the books that Jesus referred to whenever He said, "it is written".
The Old Testament is the books that Paul quoted over and over again in his epistles.

Inside the Old Testament can be found many covenants that God made, including the Old Covenant (both versions Deuteronomy 29:1) made with the children of Israel and the New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31) God promised to make with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, which was finally made during the last supper and crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

You, on the other hand, are so set on "right dividing" your Bible with a magic marker that 90% of it has become blotted out.

Your writing style is acceptable, but your problem with rightly dividing
the written word of God is unacceptable. If one decides to or doesn't know
how to rightly divide, they'll see confusion, contradiction, and misinterpretation
in the Scriptures.

Is that okay with you?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When one cannot/does not rightly divide the word, they cannot see
that there are two separate Gospels being preached simultaneously.

1) The Kingdom message to the House of Israel.
2) The Grace Gospel to the gentiles.

SaulToPaul 2

When one cannot/does not rightly divide the word, they cannot see
that there are two separate Gospels being preached simultaneously.

1) The Kingdom message to the House of Israel.
2) The Grace Gospel to the gentiles.

This is true, for the period of time in Acts.

1. God calling out 144000 kings and priests. They receive the atonement at the 2nd coming, and inherit the City. Hebrews-Rev

2. God calling out Jews/Gentiles in one Body, the Body of Christ. We have already received the atonement, were raised with Christ, and already seated in heavenly places in him. Romans-Philemon

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This is true, for the period of time in Acts.

1. God calling out 144000 kings and priests. They receive the atonement at the 2nd coming, and inherit the City. Hebrews-Rev

2. God calling out Jews/Gentiles in one Body, the Body of Christ. We have already received the atonement, were raised with Christ, and already seated in heavenly places in him. Romans-Philemon

Yep. The Grace Gospel covers both Jew and gentile today. We are both
members of the Body of Christ.

genuineoriginal

I have not overcome anything.
You are in danger of having your name blotted out of the book of life?

Revelation 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.​

ClimateSanity

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.​

The people in the book of life will populate the new Jerusalem. SaulToPaul hasa different inheritance.

fzappa13

I disagree.

It's land, land, land. Then the Lord comes on the scene preaching the mystery of the kingdom of heaven. He says I will go and prepare a place for you. We see the city coming down in Revelation. Paul comes on the scene talking about Jew/Gentile as one, seated in heavenly places, that in the ages to come...

Paul preached the return of Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

I'm not sure if my name will ever be in there.

fzappa13

No, He could not be... because He says so.

HE -- God -- is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Once again you ignore important CONTEXT. Jesus did NOT tell you or me that He was going to prepare a place for US.

If you are going to be with Him then He was talking to you. If you are not ... well, that's your choice.

genuineoriginal

If one decides to or doesn't know
how to rightly divide, they'll see confusion, contradiction, and misinterpretation
in the Scriptures.

Is that okay with you?
Yes, that explains your confusion, contradiction, and misinterpretation of the Scriptures.

You have been taught to wrongly divide the word of truth but using the dividing line of "this is not written to me" and "this is written to me" instead of the correct dividing line of "this is what God wants and expects from mankind" and "this is not what God wants and expects from mankind".

An example is this verse:

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

Using your dividing line, the entire verse goes into the "this is not written to me" category, which allows people to think someone can be a homosexual without losing salvation.
Whenever anyone brings up the verse, the people using your dividing line can focus on the part that says that both need to be put to death as a way of ignoring the part that says men should not be homosexuals.

Using my dividing line, the verse becomes two parts.
The first part is the part that goes into the this is what God wants and expects from mankind".
God wants and expects mankind to flee from homosexual lusts and avoid homosexual behavior, even to the point of finding it as offensive as premeditated murder.

In the "this is not what God wants and expects from mankind" is mankind putting homosexuals to death for their offenses.
God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked because He really wants the wicked to repent and live.

Ezekiel 18:23
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?​

Right Divider

Body part
Paul preached the return of Christ.
Act 20:26-27 KJV Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. (27) For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Again, who says that Christ will not return?