THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

SaulToPaul 2

Rev 21: 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

(A side note; notice that there is no more sea. This is one of several details that allow you to differentiate between millennial and post millennial prophecies concerning Jerusalem.)

Gen 3:8 (KJV)

fzappa13

1 Tim 6
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Yet,

Col 1
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

I see no mention of heaven being our long home here.

SaulToPaul 2

I see no mention of heaven being our long home here.

What is an inheritance?

Eph 1
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

fzappa13

What is an inheritance?

Eph 1
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

This passage indicates that the saints have an inheritance (without being specific about what it is) and that Christ is now seated next to God. Jesus is coming here to stay. Soon I hope. That is your inheritance.

SaulToPaul 2

This passage indicates that the saints have an inheritance (without being specific about what it is) and that Christ is now seated next to God. Jesus is coming here to stay. Soon I hope. That is your inheritance.

Don't think so. I am never promised the city, or land.

fzappa13

You know, STP, this inheritance you speak of is one of the most poorly understood aspects of the promises of Jesus and is worthy of its own thread.

Right Divider

Body part
Rev 21: 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

(A side note; notice that there is no more sea. This is one of several details that allow you to differentiate between millennial and post millennial prophecies concerning Jerusalem.)
You're still confusing the fact that God is Spirit (in His essential nature) and that the Lord Jesus Christ took a body to dwell on the earth.

Therefore, God is always everywhere just like He has always been.

SaulToPaul 2

Mid Genesis-Malachi (earthly inheritance)
Four gospels-early Acts-Hebrews thru Revelation (city inheritance)
Romans-Philemon (heavenly inheritance)

Test it out, Zap.

fzappa13

You're still confusing the fact that God is Spirit (in His essential nature) and that the Lord Jesus Christ took a body to dwell on the earth.

Therefore, God is always everywhere just like He has always been.

He could be made of silly putty and gossamer. The point is the Bible says He is coming here with a New Jerusalem in tow. Ever wonder about that passage where Jesus says He goes to prepare a place for you?

fzappa13

Mid Genesis-Malachi (earthly inheritance)
Four gospels-early Acts-Hebrews thru Revelation (city inheritance)
Romans-Philemon (heavenly inheritance)

Test it out, Zap.

I'm afraid the ideas involved are not so neatly demarcated. There are elements of all three in each of them.

SaulToPaul 2

I'm afraid the ideas involved are not so neatly demarcated. There are elements of all three in each of them.

I disagree.

It's land, land, land. Then the Lord comes on the scene preaching the mystery of the kingdom of heaven. He says I will go and prepare a place for you. We see the city coming down in Revelation. Paul comes on the scene talking about Jew/Gentile as one, seated in heavenly places, that in the ages to come...

Right Divider

Body part
He could be made of silly putty and gossamer. The point is the Bible says He is coming here with a New Jerusalem in tow. Ever wonder about that passage where Jesus says He goes to prepare a place for you?
No, He could not be... because He says so.

HE -- God -- is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Once again you ignore important CONTEXT. Jesus did NOT tell you or me that He was going to prepare a place for US.

genuineoriginal

You don't even know what the OT is. You shouldn't try to teach anything.

The Old Testament is the portion of the Bible that comes directly from the TaNaKh, composed of the Torah (Law, also known as the five books of Moses and the Pentateuch), the Nevi'im ("Prophets") and Ketuvim ("Writings").

The Old Testament is the books that Jesus referred to whenever He said, "it is written".
The Old Testament is the books that Paul quoted over and over again in his epistles.

Inside the Old Testament can be found many covenants that God made, including the Old Covenant (both versions Deuteronomy 29:1) made with the children of Israel and the New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31) God promised to make with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, which was finally made during the last supper and crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

You, on the other hand, are so set on "right dividing" your Bible with a magic marker that 90% of it has become blotted out.

genuineoriginal

Where in Scripture, does it say that Paul commanded
Timothy to study the Old Testament? I'm not disputing you
outright, just curious?

What do you suppose Paul commanded Timothy to study if not the Old Testament?

Or perhaps you think Paul's commandment to Timothy was merely a suggestion like the 10 suggestions that God wrote on tablets of stone with His own finger?

ClimateSanity

I disagree.

It's land, land, land. Then the Lord comes on the scene preaching the mystery of the kingdom of heaven. He says I will go and prepare a place for you. We see the city coming down in Revelation. Paul comes on the scene talking about Jew/Gentile as one, seated in heavenly places, that in the ages to come...

They all mean the same thing. Each thing is a different metaphor for the same thing. ....sarc