THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

genuineoriginal

Eph 2:6 (KJV)

I think I'm safe.

Col 3:3 (KJV)

Yes, OSAS is about "thinking" you are safe.

Faith is about knowing you are safe and why.

Luke 10:20
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.​

Revelation 20:15
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.​

fzappa13

Act 20:26-27 KJV Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. (27) For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Again, who says that Christ will not return?

STP says all Paul preached was "Heavenly places".

Right Divider

Body part
Scriptures please.
Col 3:1-4 KJV If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. (2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, OSAS is about "thinking" you are safe.

Faith is about knowing you are safe and why.

Luke 10:20
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.​

Revelation 20:15
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.​

Oh.

fzappa13

He seems to be obsessed (like a lot of others) with joining with Israel. I guess that is why they always quote from MML&J and Hebrews and Rev.

Pay attention boys. Paul is speaking to YOU.

Romans 11: I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day.

9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Last edited:

fzappa13

Already posted thousands of times, literally right here including 11 minutes before you posted this.

Maybe you should call Grandma Lucy ... I hear she's real good with babes chaffed by dirty diapers. Or, you could go trouble another thread as you obviously have nothing constructive to offer this one.

Right Divider

Body part
Pay attention boys. Paul is speaking to YOU.

Romans 11: I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day.

9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith.
Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee
We are neither kind of branch. I've written many posts explaining Roman 11, go search one out.

fzappa13

We are neither kind of branch. I've written many posts explaining Roman 11, go search one out.

mmmm .... let's see. Paul's talking to you until ... he isn't. You guys keep telling us to read Paul and when we do you get gas. What he said was obvious enough to me and it is equally obvious that it said something similar to you that you felt the need to explain away. Rather than explain it away consider just letting it say what it says, believe it, and then go back and figure out what you ingested that required you to explain away what Paul clearly said.

Oh, and before I forget, who do you propose is the other branch Paul is speaking of?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

These two verses of Scripture are not speaking of losing ones salvation.
They are speaking of how Israel were broken off because of unbelief.
Therefore, gentiles, if they should remain in unbelief, they will lose
the position they were meant to receive, through faith in Christ.

Those who have received Christ through faith, have received the
righteousness of Christ, sealing/indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and
the baptizing of the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. The same
goes for the Jews today.

In conclusion, the true believer isn't living in "unbelief" but, belief.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you're a gentile, Paul was/is your Apostle. Peter and the rest spoke to the Jews
about the Kingdom Gospel. Today, we're all under the Grace Gospel. Both Jew and
gentile alike.