The Truth About Melchizedek

Ben Masada

Ben Masada, you do not understand Paul. Stop judging Paul according to Christians that were taught wrong.

Well, if you have been taught right, why don't you teach me about Jesus and Paul? If it makes sense to me, we will shake hands and become one as you are. Perhaps, you don't feel ready for the task. Is that so?

Ben Masada

You, a Jew, are STILL trying to destroy Christ, so no, spare me the pity party. Caiaphas & company deeply resented Jesus' Liberal spirituality as it hurt their racial pride and even worse their wealth. But it's not fair to continue to discriminate against the Jews, they paid a terrible price for putting Jesus through a trumped up trial and pressuring Pilate to give in to their demands.

Why would Abram be opposed to a Pagan priest???? Abram was from Pagan roots. Joshua 24:2

2 And Joshua said to all the people, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Long ago, your fathers lived beyond the Euphrates,1 Terah, the father of Abraham and of Nahor; and gthey served other gods.

What does it have any thing to do with the ancestors of Abraham serving gods beyond the Euphrates? We are not to blame for the sins of ours fathers nor they of ours. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

I did not say that Melchizedek was from pagan roots. I said that he was a pagan priest offering the firstborns of the Canaanites at his time on the altar for a burn offering to Baal Molech. Just happened that the expression "after the order of Melchizedek" was a Jewish expression to mean the opposite to "after the order of Aaron." That's all. Nothing to do with the pagan priest of the same name.

daqq

Christian means Christ-like.

According to Paul, Christian means the one who believes that Jesus was Christ. That's why Christians started being called Christians for the first time after a whole year that Paul was teaching about Jesus as "Christ." (Acts 11:26)

It does not mean either of those things exclusively. To become "Christianos" one must have Messiah being formed within, which by the Scripture demands first and foremost the water immersion of Yochanan toward repentance and the sending away of sins, (the washing of water in the Word: an immersion into Torah, Prophets, and Writings, which are essentially "the name" of the Father) and then at the very least a full year of intense immersion into the Testimony of Yeshua which is now given in the Gospel accounts, (which is why Acts 11:26 says what it says).

Well, if you have been taught right, why don't you teach me about Jesus and Paul? If it makes sense to me, we will shake hands and become one as you are. Perhaps, you don't feel ready for the task. Is that so?

Haha, if you truly knew what Paul teaches you would call him an ascetic Gnostic as would probably 90% of so-called mainstream Christianity. :crackup:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What does it have any thing to do with the ancestors of Abraham serving gods beyond the Euphrates? We are not to blame for the sins of ours fathers nor they of ours. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

I did not say that Melchizedek was from pagan roots. I said that he was a pagan priest offering the firstborns of the Canaanites at his time on the altar for a burn offering to Baal Molech. Just happened that the expression "after the order of Melchizedek" was a Jewish expression to mean the opposite to "after the order of Aaron." That's all. Nothing to do with the pagan priest of the same name.

I don't have a problem with Pagan Gods in evolutionary religions per say, or Abraham having had former beliefs, Judaism contains Pagan roots itself such as blood sacrifices. Moses was a reformer of the previous practices of his followers.

Just like you attempt to discredit Jesus now you attempt to rewrite your own history. Melchizedek was Priest of the most high God, Abram was a believer in Melchizedek.

17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Abram was a follower of Melchizedek who was the priest of the would be God of the Israelites. He gave tithes to Melchizedek. Where did you get "pagan priest offering the firstborns of the Canaanites at his time on the altar for a burn offering to Baal Molech"???

Ben Masada

1. Abram spoke to Melchisedek after the Slaughter of the Kings
2. God walked with Enoch and he was the Seventh from Adam

The Book of Enoch often uses the term "watchers". As if to imply that Enoch was somehow the King of Kings, or the King of Righteousness. In otherwords, after the order of Melchisedec.

DANIEL 4:16 Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.
DANIEL 4:17 This matter [is] by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

The phrase "Watchers", is equated to "King of Kings", or "King of Righteousness". Matching Enoch's description as the Seventh from Adam. If this is true, then this indicates that God finished his Heavenly Salvation Program in 6 Creation Days, or before Enoch the Seventh Day was created. Which is before Christ was created as the Messiah. Indicating that when Abraham spoke to Melchisedek, Jesus Christ announced even before the New Testament, that man's walk of faith, was invested in his Church on earth, to receive the New Heaven at the end of time.

(So you know how the story goes, around the Solstice Precessional Alignment (1980, 1998, 2012, 2016), in 1998 the Antichrist was told something from the Fallen Angels. Because he was told that truth and understood it, God struck him down with thunder, and many witnessed that his body had been dead a few days and had risen. There were even reports of a body that had been struck by thunder and arose. ................... Somehow the truth that Moses the Antichrist was constituted as a Fallen Angel had gotten out, and some people attempted to castrate the Antichrist, as evidence that God would not come to destroy the nations when he came at the end of time (since the Sons of God are a picture of the Body of Christ, if this is proven false, illustrated by God, then God does not condemn the Body of Satan or the nations or the people ... which the gospel claims the people are divided, the devil divided from satan), and revealed his body which is pictured by Star Wormwood. ..................... but God rebuked the castration of the Antichrist as an illustration of his judgment ................... and 3 years later or just about, the Son of Perdition laid his claim to the nations since death is the glory of the Son of Perdition, and from then on, we are where we are now, ofcourse the entire account is fictitious but that is what I was told to say, because I have no credibility)

Nothing of the above has any thing at all to do with whatever you wish it did. That's my opinion.

Ben Masada

It does not mean either of those things exclusively. To become "Christianos" one must have Messiah being formed within, which by the Scripture demands first and foremost the water immersion of Yochanan toward repentance and the sending away of sins, (the washing of water in the Word: an immersion into Torah, Prophets, and Writings, which are essentially "the name" of the Father) and then at the very least a full year of intense immersion into the Testimony of Yeshua which is now given in the Gospel accounts, (which is why Acts 11:26 says what it says).

Haha, if you truly knew what Paul teaches you would call him an ascetic Gnostic as would probably 90% of so-called mainstream Christianity. :crackup:

Paul no longer teaches any thing to any one. He has been dead for about 2,000 years already. There is no life in the afterlife and in death there is no consciousness and that's forever.

oatmeal

Mel was an individual who chose to serve God.

He had no genealogy recorded in scripture.

As Jesus pointed out to the religious elite who were biological progeny of Abraham, being the progeny of Abraham does not a believer make.

John 8:37,39-40

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Mel's ancestorage does not determine his standing with God.

Even as our parents, our ancestors, our genealogy does not determine our standing with God.

Mel was a believer by his own choice.

Even as we are believers solely by our own choice.

No one, no one, no human needs a particular heritage, nationality, geographic location or any other human method of measuring greatness to seek and to serve God.

Believe God, put God first, keep God first and God will see to it that your desire to serve God well shall be fulfilled, even as He did for Mel

Last edited:

daqq

Paul no longer teaches any thing to any one. He has been dead for about 2,000 years already. There is no life in the afterlife and in death there is no consciousness and that's forever.

Testimony is SPIRIT.

And again: your one-eighth-sect opinion was not the majority in first century Judaism. The Essenes, (which were also Zadokites) and both houses of the Pharisees vehemently disputed the understanding of the "inner city" Zadokite priesthood under Ananus who did not confess a resurrection. Your opinion is merely the one-eighth opinion of the Zadokite-Sadduc priesthood. :crackup:

RevTestament

OK, sorry I see that now. I missed the Acts link.

But I seem to have run into a discrepancy. According to your chart Shem died 2158 yrs after Adam's creation, and Abram was born 2008 yrs after, which would make Abram 150 yrs old when Shem died - well old enough to have met Shem, if he was Mel, after leaving Haran around age 75.

God's Truth

You have not disproved what I said. You prove you are against Christ when you go against those he has saved.

God's Truth

You are unstable and ignorant...that is what Peter says you are...that is what Peter says about those who misunderstand Paul. See 2 Peter 3:16 and 17.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now, please, I must remind you that I am reading from the originals in Hebrew and not from the Gentile adulterated version of the KJV.

The Hebrew version that was used at the time of Jesus the Nazarene?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is what Psalm 110:4 says in the originals in Hebrew: "The Lord has sworn and will not relent, you are a priest forever; a rightful king by My decree." As you can see, it has nothing to do with king Melchizedek, king of Salem, but rather to David in the type level of interpretation, which points to the archetype level of Israel, the seed of Abraham as a nation of priests and kings. (Exod. 19:6; Isa. 61:6) Obviously, only the High Priest of the Most High would produce a generation of priests and kings through Israel.

So how does this make the Son of David, not the Son of David?

God's Truth

Paul does not teach "Believe and do nothing else", as most Christians wrongly teach.

Paul teaches that the ceremonial works no longer clean anyone, as they used to do.

Now only Jesus' blood cleans us...just by faith...just by believing it does.

We no longer have to circumcise ourselves, observe special days, adhere to a dietary law, do various external washings, and sacrifice animals.

Jesus now cleans us, by our faith that he does.

Are you with me?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK, sorry I see that now. I missed the Acts link.

But I seem to have run into a discrepancy. According to your chart Shem died 2158 yrs after Adam's creation, and Abram was born 2008 yrs after, which would make Abram 150 yrs old when Shem died - well old enough to have met Mel after leaving Haran around age 75.
I see it!

Abe leaves Haran in Genesis chapter 12 at age 75.
Abe met Mel in Genesis chapter 14.
Abe begets Ishmael in chapter 16 at age 86.

So, somewhere between the age of 75 (when he left Haran) & the age of 86 (when Ishmael was born), Abe met Mel.

Ben Masada

Mel was an individual who chose to serve God.

He had no genealogy recorded in scripture.

As Jesus pointed out to the religious elite who were biological progeny of Abraham, being the progeny of Abraham does not a believer make.

John 8:37,39-40

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Mel's ancestors does determine his standing with God.

Even as our parents, our ancestors, our genealogy does not determine our standing with God.

Mel was a believer by his own choice.

Even as we are believers solely by our own choice.

No one, no one, no human needs a particular heritage, nationality, geographic location or any other human method of measuring greatness to seek and to serve God.

Believe God, put God first, keep God first and God will see to it that your desire to serve God well shall be fulfilled, even as He did for Mel

I would like to remind you Oatmeal, that either for a great coincidence or on purpose, you missed three very important verses in your quotation above of John 8:37,39-40. I am referring to verses 31, 41 and 44.

In verse 31, John reminds us that Jesus was speaking to the Jews who had believed in him. Then in verse 44 he called the Jews who had believed in him children of the Devil.

Why, for heaven's sake! Some thing must have happened in verse 41 for Jesus to call the Jews who had believed in him, children of the Devil. Yes, you can bet your last pence that something did happen to make Jesus call the Jews who had believed in him children of the Devil.

It tuned out that those Jews who had believed in Jesus had probably grown up with him from youth and were aware of some thing about Jesus that the other Jews were not. They implied that Jesus had been born out of fornication as a result of a rape case by a Roman soldier. That's what to be born of fornication is all about.

That revelation must have been catastrophic to Mary since Joseph had probably already died and been spared that pain. Children! How could children keep a secret! But you don't have to worry about this find of mine in John 8:41 because I believe only 20% of the NT and that chapter of John is among the 80% I expurgate. I blame the Fathers of the Church in charge to select the proper text for the Canon of the NT for having missed such a big mine on the road.

Ben Masada

Testimony is SPIRIT.

And again: your one-eighth-sect opinion was not the majority in first century Judaism. The Essenes, (which were also Zadokites) and both houses of the Pharisees vehemently disputed the understanding of the "inner city" Zadokite priesthood under Ananus who did not confess a resurrection. Your opinion is merely the one-eighth opinion of the Zadokite-Sadduc priesthood.

I don't know, if you ask me, where you guys got this idea from to define whom among the Jews confessed to believe in bodily resurrection and who didn't. Daqq, no Jew in Israel would confess to believe in bodily resurrection; and if you ask me, Jews of then and of today, except of the time of the witches because they also had to make a living, hence the witch of Endor of the time of king Saul. You guys are confusing literal bodily resurrection with metaphorical resurrection which is the return from the graves of the nation and back to the Land of Israel. That's the resurrection of the
"Dry Bones" quoted in the prophecy of Ezekiel in 37:12.

The point is that, according to Isa. 53:8,9 when Jews are forced into exile it is as if they have been cut off from the land of the living aka the Land of Israel and graves are assigned to them among the nations. Now, for the metaphorical resurrection of Ezek. 37:12, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. That's all folks! Nothing miraculous to the truth. Then Paul came and added the resurrection doctrine to make it literal and to mess up with the Theology of Judaism. (II Tim. 2:8)

Ben Masada

You are unstable and ignorant...that is what Peter says you are...that is what Peter says about those who misunderstand Paul. See 2 Peter 3:16 and 17.

You don't even know the degree of how messed up you are. Peter never said such a thing and do you know why? Because he did not write that letter attributed to him. Paul himself wrote it. Do you wanna know how I caught Paul's with the pen in the pot? Thus: If you read I Peter 5:12, he is said to have used Silvanus, the scribe of Paul to write his letter. To believe that, you will only show that you don't know any thing about the real character of Paul. Paul would never allow his scribe to take dictation from an apostle of the circumcision! Now, for Silvanus as the scribe of Paul, you can read
II Cor. 1:19; I Thess. 1:1 and II Thess. 2:1. And good luck my friend!

Ben Masada

The Hebrew version that was used at the time of Jesus the Nazarene?

No Nick, I meant from a Hebrew edition according to Judaism and not from an English edition according to the KJV. And we have all the right in the world to the preference of the readers because we are talking about the Tanach and a Jewish text written by Jews and we are not intruding into nothing of another religion.