The Truth About Melchizedek

Wick Stick

For two reasons Jesus was also a sinner. The first is according to Ecclesiastes 7:20 which says that it has never been a man upon earth who has done only good and never sinned.
Have you read Ecclesiastes? It's about (a) Solomon's wisdom, and (b) the futility of human wisdom.

Basically, Ecclesiastes imparts a bunch of human wisdom, and then takes a giant crap on all human wisdom, thereby calling into question every other point made in the book. You can't cite it to prove anything. Nobody can.

And the second reason is that only in the text of Mat. 23:13-33 Jesus broke the Golden Rule for about 15 times. Grave transgressions of the Law because the Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. The Golden Rule says "Never to do unto others what you would not like they did unto yourself." If we are to believe that text of Matthew, Jesus cursed the Jewish authorities with being hypocrites and brood of vipers. Would you like to be cursed as such? I don't think so and neither did they.
We already had this argument earlier in the thread, so let's not re-hash it.

Jarrod

bybee

Have you read Ecclesiastes? It's about (a) Solomon's wisdom, and (b) the futility of human wisdom.

Basically, Ecclesiastes imparts a bunch of human wisdom, and then takes a giant crap on all human wisdom, thereby calling into question every other point made in the book. You can't cite it to prove anything. Nobody can.

We already had this argument earlier in the thread, so let's not re-hash it.

Jarrod

That is an offensive way to express oneself about Scripture.
The point of Ecclesiastes is to finally understand that there is a Wisdom beyond human wisdom and within that Wisdom one may find meaning and peace.
No doubt there is more.

God's Truth

For two reasons Jesus was also a sinner. The first is according to Ecclesiastes 7:20 which says that it has never been a man upon earth who has done only good and never sinned. Jesus was a man upon earth for 35 years of his short life but even so. And the second reason is that only in the text of Mat. 23:13-33 Jesus broke the Golden Rule for about 15 times. Grave transgressions of the Law because the Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. The Golden Rule says "Never to do unto others what you would not like they did unto yourself." If we are to believe that text of Matthew, Jesus cursed the Jewish authorities with being hypocrites and brood of vipers. Would you like to be cursed as such? I don't think so and neither did they.

Jesus was no mere man. Jesus is God come in the flesh as a Son.

Wick Stick

That is an offensive way to express oneself about Scripture.
I don't mean to offend. My point remains, apart from the vocabulary I chose to express it. Here are the final verses in Ecclesiastes:

Ecc 12:11-14 11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened [by] the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. 12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil.

Solomon basically says that all the study and writing in the world amounts to a hill of beans, and we would be better off just practicing Moses.

Jarrod

bybee

I don't mean to offend. My point remains, apart from the vocabulary I chose to express it. Here are the final verses in Ecclesiastes:

Ecc 12:11-14 11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened [by] the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. 12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil.

Solomon basically says that all the study and writing in the world amounts to a hill of beans, and we would be better off just practicing Moses.

Jarrod

And yet, there are seasons to all things. I am now in the most comfortable season of life. My body is losing its abilities and my mind is not so sharp as once it was but my spiritual well being increases. I love more and judge less, share more and acquire less.

God's Truth

Jarrod

Ecclesiastes is saying the only thing that matters is to obey God, whatever He says to do.

Whether it just be don't eat from this tree, or obey this law, or obey Jesus.

We have to obey to be saved.

Ben Masada

The Truth about Melchizedek

1 - Have you read Ecclesiastes? It's about Solomon's wisdom, and the futility of human wisdom.

2 - Basically, Ecclesiastes imparts a bunch of human wisdom, and then takes a giant crap on all human wisdom, thereby calling into question every other point made in the book. You can't cite it to prove anything. Nobody can.

3 - We already had this argument earlier in the thread, so let's not re-hash it.

Jarrod

1 - Solomon's wisdom was human wisdom. Solomon was human.

2 - Great! And you can cite the Pauline wisdom that Jesus was a son of God without a biological father on earth. (Acts 9:20) You have fallen into the same trap that you think I had.

3 - By repeating that Jesus was without sin, I took that you were asking for a repetition of the sins of Jesus.

God's Truth

This is pure idolatry according to Jesus whose Faith was Judaism. (Deut. 4:15,16)

Those scripture are about not making statues.

If you want knowledge about Jesus Christ, then you have to get his teachings from the Holy Bible and do what he says; you will get saved and be given knowledge.

God's Truth

You err for not knowing the Scriptures and the power of God.

Don't add or subtract to God's written word. Nowhere anywhere does it say Moses' wife was dreaming. However, the scriptures say do not add or subtract...look what happened to Aaron's sons.

Ben Masada

Those scripture are about not making statues.

If you want knowledge about Jesus Christ, then you have to get his teachings from the Holy Bible and do what he says; you will get saved and be given knowledge.

That's not the way to get saved. Jesus himself said that if you come to the Temple to plead for salvation and remember all of a sudden that you have an issue with a neighbor, you must leave all behind and go to set things right with your neighbor first and only then return to the Temple. (Mat. 5:23 24)

If you want Prophet Isaiah, he says that if we want to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, we must repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Ben Masada

Don't add or subtract to God's written word. Nowhere anywhere does it say Moses' wife was dreaming. However, the scriptures say do not add or subtract...look what happened to Aaron's sons.

Read Numbers 12:7.

God's Truth

That's not the way to get saved. Jesus himself said that if you come to the Temple to plead for salvation and remember all of a sudden that you have an issue with a neighbor, you must leave all behind and go to set things right with your neighbor first and only then return to the Temple. (Mat. 5:23 24)

If you want Prophet Isaiah, he says that if we want to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, we must repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

God's law says to sacrifice a lamb.

You do not obey and will not be saved until you come to Him through Jesus.

Ben Masada

God's law says to sacrifice a lamb.

You do not obey and will not be saved until you come to Him through Jesus.

God's Law is in the Decalogue and I didn't find the commandment to sacrifice a lamb. See now how much you know of God's Word? Amazing! Isn't it? BTW, I found Jeremiah 7:22 that says that the Lord never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. How do you suggest to me to sacrifice a lamb?

Have you reread what you wrote above? You are giving me the alternative to either sacrifice a lamb or come to God through Jesus. I did not know that Christianity offered that option.