The Truth About Melchizedek

Ben Masada

The Truth about Melchizedek

He must have, since the OT is used to prove only Judah survived and came out of exile. I find the notion ludicrous aswell.

Oh! Now I understand what you mean. My apologies! After the removal of the "Ten Tribes" aka Ephraim from the Land of Israel by the Assyrians in 622 BCE, Judah became the new Israel in possession of the whole Land of Israel. That's the Israel I am referring to that the Lord has never rejected. (Psa. 78:67-70; I Kings 11:36) My view of the new Israel from the waters of Judah was prophesied by Prophet Isaiah in 48:1.

Ben Masada

1 - According to Israeli law Judah was a Gentile as were his father and mother. The Law of Return - July 5, 1950 - Amendment No. 2 5730-1970In the Law of Return, 5710-1950**, the following sections shall be inserted after section 4:

4B - For the purposes of this Law, "Jew" means a person who was born of a Jewish mother or has become converted to Judaism and who is not a member of another religion."

1 - You must be misreading this text of the Law of Return. The father of Judah was Jacob, the son of Isaac, son of Abraham. I don't recall such an Israeli law. None could be more Jewish than Judah.

4B - As you can see, were Paul around today, he could not use the law of return to get citizenship in the State of Israel. Paul had ceased to be a Jew when he founded another religion aka Christianity. (Acts 11;26)

Ben Masada

1 - Do you think that Isaiah did not have to obey God?
2 - Tell me, what was God going to do to Moses when Moses was not going to circumcise his son?
3 - I am waiting so please tell me.

1 - No one has to obey God; only those who want.We have Freewill.

2 - God would remove him from the mission to effect the Exodus.

3 - I have told you.

Ben Masada

1 - Ben Masada, God commanded Moses to teach the people about making animal sacrifices, burnt offerings,offerings, incense, New Moons, Sabbaths, and convocations.

2 - HOWEVER, God did NOT like those things from the people, WHEN and BECAUSE they gave and did THOSE things but continued to do evil, and they were NOT sorry for their sins! Read Isaiah 1.

1 - Are you implying that Prophet Jeremiah was a liar?

2 - Yes, God allowed the use of Pichuach Nephesh to add the sacrifices but went disgusting so to speak that they stuck to the sacrifices and continued in the disobedience of the other laws.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 - You must be misreading this text of the Law of Return. The father of Judah was Jacob, the son of Isaac, son of Abraham. I don't recall such an Israeli law. None could be more Jewish than Judah.

You missed the point, if Judah wanted to return to Israel today he would be denied since Judah's mother was not a Jew and Judah was not of the Jewish religion.

Abraham was an uncircumcised Gentile when God made a covenant with him. Circumcision of the flesh does not make one a Jew.

Muslims are still the largest single religious group to circumcise boys. In Islam circumcision is also known as tahara, meaning purification.
(www.bbc.co.uk/.../religions/islam/islamethics/malecircumcision.shtml)​

God's Truth

1 - No one has to obey God; only those who want.We have Freewill.

2 - God would remove him from the mission to effect the Exodus.

3 - I have told you.

God was going to kill Moses for not circumcising his son.

You have to give up everything you think you know and obey Jesus, then he will reveal the Truth to you.

Ben Masada

1 - You missed the point, if Judah wanted to return to Israel today he would be denied since Judah's mother was not a Jew and Judah was not of the Jewish religion.

2 - Abraham was an uncircumcised Gentile when God made a covenant with him. Circumcision of the flesh does not make one a Jew.

3 - Muslims are still the largest single religious group to circumcise boys. In Islam circumcision is also known as tahara, meaning purification.

1 - No, not that I missed the point per se but that I did not find necessary to explain that the Law for the Jewish identity to be transferred to the mother happened when the Jews returned to the Land of Israel from exile in Babylon as an item of the Jewish New Covenant mediated by Ezra/Nehemiah. (Jer. 31:31) Till then, the method of "Jewish" identity was still, under the patriarchal system through the father.

2 - Not really. Abraham was Divinely chosen when he escaped his pagan land and family and chose the Divine by becoming a Monotheistic servant of HaShem. Then he developed a Monotheistic religion with his seed through Isaac and Jacob. That was the time of the Patriarchs. Then circumcision was adopted into the religion of Israel through Divine revelations by means of HaShem's Prophets during dreams and visions. (Numb. 12:6) There were no Gentiles before Abraham, considering that God's People had not risen yet.

3 - Muslims do honor the memory of Abraham by circumcising their sons at 13 but, God's Covenant with Abraham whose token would be the circumcision was not made with Ishmael but with Isaac only. (Gen. 17:20,21)

Ben Masada

1 - God was going to kill Moses for not circumcising his son.

2 - You have to give up everything you think you know and obey Jesus, then he will reveal the Truth to you.

1 - I am aware of that, GT. The Arameans circumcised their boys at 13 and knew that the Jews also did it, whereas at a much younger age. Moses had grown up among pagans and realized that Moses had missed that point. So, it is not down in the page but one won't err to assume that Zippora, his wife, had a dream when the God of the holy mountain aka Sinai was trying to kill Moses and she knew the reason why for she had wondered the night before. Then, to remind him of his religious duty, she circumcised their child herself with horror. (Exod. 4:24-26)

2 - We already obey the same Law that Jesus used to. (Mat. 5:17-19; Luke 16:31) Then, as the Truth is concerned, Jesus knew that it is the Word of God if you read John 17:17 and that the Word of God was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psa. 147:19,20)

God's Truth

1 - I am aware of that, GT. The Arameans circumcised their boys at 13 and knew that the Jews also did it, whereas at a much younger age. Moses had grown up among pagans and realized that Moses had missed that point. So, it is not down in the page but one won't err to assume that Zippora, his wife, had a dream when the God of the holy mountain aka Sinai was trying to kill Moses and she knew the reason why for she had wondered the night before. Then, to remind him of his religious duty, she circumcised their child herself with horror. (Exod. 4:24-26)

2 - We already obey the same Law that Jesus used to. (Mat. 5:17-19; Luke 16:31) Then, as the Truth is concerned, Jesus knew that it is the Word of God if you read John 17:17 and that the Word of God was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psa. 147:19,20)

GOD commanded the ceremonial law of circumcision and the sacrifice of animals.

God was going to kill Moses for not circumcising his son.

His wife did circumcise their son.

Jesus is the Savior of the world and the reason the Jews, those blood related to Abraham were important because the Savior to come would be blood related to Abraham.

Jesus came and only those who confess to God through Jesus and his shed blood on the cross will be saved.

Jesus' blood cleans us because he is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world once and for all.

Ben Masada

No, but you are.

You will say any lie to defend your imagination, which comes from the devil. Tell me why God killed Aaron's sons.

Did you read Jeremiah 7:22? I am sure you didn't. If you had read it, you would not make up the charge of imagination and the slander that I am lying. You are back at replying my posts with anti-Jewish hostility without checking for the evidences.

God killed no one. The sons of Aaron killed themselves by doing what they knew they were not supposed to. It is called law of cause & effect.

Ben Masada

1 - GOD commanded the ceremonial law of circumcision and the sacrifice of animals.

2 - God was going to kill Moses for not circumcising his son.

3 - His wife did circumcise their son.

4 - Jesus is the Savior of the world and the reason the Jews, those blood related to Abraham were important because the Savior to come would be blood related to Abraham.

5 - Jesus came and only those who confess to God through Jesus and his shed blood on the cross will be saved.

6 - Jesus' blood cleans us because he is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world once and for all.

1 - Read Jeremiah 7:22.

2 - God kills no one. Zipporah had a dream from "above."

3 - Finally, one right.

4 - Jesus could not save himself while alive, how could he save the world dead?

5 - Read Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20.

6 - Why is the world more sinful today than before Jesus was crucified? Obviously, not a good work he did.

God's Truth

Did you read Jeremiah 7:22? I am sure you didn't. If you had read it, you would not make up the charge of imagination and the slander that I am lying. You are back at replying my posts with anti-Jewish hostility without checking for the evidences.

God killed no one. The sons of Aaron killed themselves by doing what they knew they were not supposed to. It is called law of cause & effect.

You say Moses made up things for the people to do.

God commanded Moses what to have the people do.

God killed Aaron's sons because they added things that God did not tell them to do.

You claim that Moses did what Aaron's sons were killed for doing.

Numbers 26:61
And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

God's Truth

Did you read Jeremiah 7:22?

22 For when I brought your forefathers out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, 23 but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you.

God's Truth

1 - Read Jeremiah 7:22.
God gave the ceremonial law to Moses. You are calling Moses a liar.

The Burnt Offering
Leviticus 1:1 The LORD called to Moses and spoke to him from the Tent of Meeting. He said, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'When any of you brings an offering to the LORD, bring as your offering an animal from either the herd or the flock. 3 " 'If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he is to offer a male without defect. He must present it at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting so that it will be acceptable to the LORD.

2 - God kills no one. Zipporah had a dream from "above."
You heard me right. God was going to kill Moses. That is what the Bible says.

Exodus 4:24 At a lodging place on the way, the LORD met [Moses] and was about to kill him.

3 - Finally, one right.

4 - Jesus could not save himself while alive, how could he save the world dead?
The Sacrifice is just that, a sacrifice.

5 - Read Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20.
Those scriptures are about not punishing a father or son for the sins of the other without their wanting.

It is about if a father did wrong and was killed, they could not also kill the son because his father did wrong.

6 - Why is the world more sinful today than before Jesus was crucified? Obviously, not a good work he did.

That is just your evil opinion.

Ben Masada

1 - You say Moses made up things for the people to do.
2 - God commanded Moses what to have the people do.
3 - God killed Aaron's sons because they added things that God did not tell them to do.
4 - You claim that Moses did what Aaron's sons were killed for doing.
5 - Numbers 26:61 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

1 - Moses was a Jew, not a Christian. You don't know about Jewish culture. Every Jew has the power to use of "Pichuach Nephesh" to wave a commandment in order to observe another more relevant like to save the life of someone else or of his own.

2 - Like to obey the commandment in the Decalogue which Paul said was abolished. (Rom. 7:7; 10:4; Ephes. 2:15; Heb. 7:12)

3 - You don't know what you are talking about.

4 - Now, you are speaking nonsense.

5 - The Creator of the universe would not kill some one because he did not offer the right fire before the Lord. To take what happened literally would be to compare the religion of Israel with pagan worshiping.

Ben Masada

22 For when I brought your forefathers out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, 23 but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you.

The Lord approved Moses' use of "Pichuach Nephesh" to add the sacrifices to the religion of Israel. That does not mean He commanded. Why would the great Prophet Jeremiah lie? (Jer. 7:22) The problem is that the People started using the sacrifices as acts of personal redemption just like the pagan nations of the time.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

1 - God gave the ceremonial law to Moses. You are calling Moses a liar.
2 - The Burnt Offering Leviticus 1:1 The LORD called to Moses and spoke to him from the Tent of Meeting. He said, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'When any of you brings an offering to the LORD, bring as your offering an animal from either the herd or the flock. 3 " 'If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he is to offer a male without defect. He must present it at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting so that it will be acceptable to the LORD.
3 - You heard me right. God was going to kill Moses. That is what the Bible says.
4 - Exodus 4:24 At a lodging place on the way, the LORD met [Moses] and was about to kill him.
5 - The Sacrifice is just that, a sacrifice.
6 - Those scriptures are about not punishing a father or son for the sins of the other without their wanting.
7 - It is about if a father did wrong and was killed, they could not also kill the son because his father did wrong.

8 - That is just your evil opinion.

1 - I said, read Jer. 7:22.

2 - In a dream or vision. (Numb. 12:6)

3 - Zipporah had a dream.

4 - In a dream of Zipporah.

5 - As well as the sacrifices of the pagans.

6 - You are not reading right. Read again Jer. 31:29,30. V. 29 was proverb no longer in use. V. 30 is about personal responsibility.

7 - That proverb had long fallen in disuse. Since the establishment of the New Covenant, the responsibility would be personal. (Jer. 31:31)

8 - That's just your anti-Jewish attitude.

God's Truth

1 - Moses was a Jew, not a Christian. You don't know about Jewish culture. Every Jew has the power to use of "Pichuach Nephesh" to wave a commandment in order to observe another more relevant like to save the life of someone else or of his own.

2 - Like to obey the commandment in the Decalogue which Paul said was abolished. (Rom. 7:7; 10:4; Ephes. 2:15; Heb. 7:12)

3 - You don't know what you are talking about.

4 - Now, you are speaking nonsense.

5 - The Creator of the universe would not kill some one because he did not offer the right fire before the Lord. To take what happened literally would be to compare the religion of Israel with pagan worshiping.

You are speaking nonsense contradictions and crooked denials.

You have in the Torah where God tells Moses what to tell the people about sacrifices and burnt offerings, but you pretend it is not there in writing.

You also have the scriptures that plainly say God killed someone, and another scripture where God was going to kill someone else, but you just deny it, and the rest you contradict by admitting it happened but that it was not literal.

You know nothing about the Christian religion, and nothing about the Jewish religion, and nothing about God. You are a fake.

God's Truth

The Lord approved Moses' use of "Pichuach Nephesh" to add the sacrifices to the religion of Israel. That does not mean He commanded. Why would the great Prophet Jeremiah lie? (Jer. 8:22) The problem is that the People started using the sacrifices as acts of personal redemption just like the pagan nations of the time.

Jeremiah 8:8 How can you say, "We are wise! We have the law of the LORD"? The truth is, those who teach it have used their writings to make it say what it does not really mean.