The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

I said that Jesus said that this was Elijah. And he was talking about John. He means that the Spirit of John was in Elijah ministering to John, and John was speaking what he was hearing.

Matthew 11

And if ye will receive*it, this is Elias, which was for to come.*He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

The spirit of John was in Elijah ministering to John?! That is even worse than what I thought you said.

How do you get that John's spirit was in Elijah to minister to John?

God's Truth

As I said, I never said that Elijah lived in John. No matter how many times you say it.
This is what YOU said:

I mean that the Spirit of Elijah was in John ministering to him. Not that he lives in John. John is John, and Elijah was a Spirit ministering to John. And that's what I believe.

I said the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus and that he lives in the saved.

You spoke of angels being ministering spirits living in the saved.

You also said that the spirit of Elijah went in John to minister to him.

Are you playing with the words 'live in him' versus came 'in' him to visit?

Rosenritter

And I'm not going against you, I just don't agree with what you are saying, it's nothing personal. You take everything personally!

And Christ Jesus is most definitely not the father!

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Not ganging up on you, but you can't say most definitely considering scripture actually does call him both The mighty God and The everlasting Father.

Rosenritter

I have never said that men are possessed by Angels, I said that they are Spirits and they minister to those born of God. Just as it says in the Bible.

Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning. If you meant angels exterior to ourselves, or perhaps even nudging our thoughts here and there, I don't have specific objection to that. I got worried when I thought I saw talk about angels being inside ourselves, as if they would take control over our thoughts and actions.

It would seem to me that if one were willing to allow that they could easily be taken in by an "angel of light" (which is no loyal angel at all) thus the importance of getting this part straight among believers.

Rosenritter

What was Paul talking about then? lol

2 Peter 3:15-16 KJV
(15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

It is written that some things that Paul writes are hard to be understood. Peter himself admits this. I don't think any less of someone who admits that they may not understand everything Paul wrote.

On the other hand, taking something Paul wrote and expounding it into absurdity seems closer to the danger of "wresting the scripture to your own destruction." Long hair for women so that the angels can't see enough of their body to be tempted? Really? Do you mean the hair on the scalp, or are you suggesting that Christian women shouldn't shave their legs and armpits also for the same reason, to discourage the angels?

God's Truth

2 Peter 3:15-16 KJV
(15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

It is written that some things that Paul writes are hard to be understood. Peter himself admits this. I don't think any less of someone who admits that they may not understand everything Paul wrote.

On the other hand, taking something Paul wrote and expounding it into absurdity seems closer to the danger of "wresting the scripture to your own destruction." Long hair for women so that the angels can't see enough of their body to be tempted? Really? Do you mean the hair on the scalp, or are you suggesting that Christian women shouldn't shave their legs and armpits also for the same reason, to discourage the angels?

Paul said that long hair on a woman is a COVERING.

That is what Paul says.

Rosenritter

I am speaking of the scriptures and would not like for you to turn it into a personal attack.

No, seriously, do you manage to keep your hair long enough to cover your body sufficiently when you are unclothed? Because that's what you just claimed the Paul or the bible was teaching. I'm curious how you attempt to put this into practice. Unless you're an Ewok or Cousin It I don't see it happening.

Just a reminder, here's what you wrote:
Long hair covers the body of a woman when she is unclothed and thus not tempt the angels who are sons/males. There were angels who sinned and gave up their posts because they thought human women were beautiful.

If you admit making a mistake, it would be a lot easier to say so now and be done with it. If you hang onto that (or pretend you didn't say it) I can imagine a lot of amazed fallout happening here.

God's Truth

No, seriously, do you manage to keep your hair long enough to cover your body sufficiently when you are unclothed? Because that's what you just claimed the Paul or the bible was teaching. I'm curious how you attempt to put this into practice. Unless you're an Ewok or Cousin It I don't see it happening.

If you admit making a mistake, it would be a lot easier to say so now and be done with it. If you hang onto that (or pretend you didn't say it) I can imagine a lot of amazed fallout happening here.

1 Corinthians 11:15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

Rosenritter

1 Corinthians 11:15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

Keep reading.

1 Corinthians 11:16 KJV
(16) But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

So where does it say that a woman has long hair to cover her while she is naked so she doesn't tempt angels? You've imagined that or made that up. I'm waiting to see if your good sense wins the day over your stubbornness to admit it. Which will win the day? Truth, or ego?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Keep reading.

1 Corinthians 11:16 KJV
(16) But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

So where does it say that a woman has long hair to cover her while she is naked so she doesn't tempt angels? You've imagined that or made that up. I'm waiting to see if your good sense wins the day over your stubbornness to admit it. Which will win the day? Truth, or ego?

You enjoy demeaning people. You really should examine yourself about that.

Many people have discussed what they think a scripture means.

People have debated why Paul brought up 'because of the angels' when speaking about a woman's long hair.

Some people claim it means the angels will not protect them if they cut their hair.

Paul said man was made in God's image and that women were made for man.

Paul says that long hair is a covering.

Paul says because of the angels.

There is scripture about the sons of God finding the daughters of humans beautiful.

There is scriptures about angels leaving their posts.

There is scripture about the nephilim.

There is nothing absurd about what I said.

I think your ego though will tell you different.

marhig

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Not ganging up on you, but you can't say most definitely considering scripture actually does call him both The mighty God and The everlasting Father.
Yes Jesus had the fullness of the father in him, the full power of the Holy Spirit so he was God with us. But he isn't the Almighty God, that is the father, there is the father, Son and the Holy Spirit. All three are separate, yet they are one in word, love and nature. But there is the father, he is God, over everything, then there's the son, Christ Jesus who the father has set at his right hand, being given authority, by the father to be over the heavens and the earth, and he is higher than anyone else being set there by the father, and then there is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, sent forth to minister the word of God.

And the Spirit cleanses our hearts and makes manifest God and Christ in the hearts of those who love God and are are willing to lay down their lives for others and become a living sacrifice. Believing, having true faith, trusting in God completely, putting God first and themselves last, and living by God's will daily being ready always to do what pleases him.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

marhig

The spirit of John was in Elijah ministering to John?! That is even worse than what I thought you said.

How do you get that John's spirit was in Elijah to minister to John?
John's Spirit in Elijah, ministering to John? , I've just read what I said, that's my fault I said it wrong, sorry. I meant that the Spirit of Elijah was ministering to John.

Jesus said of John "he is Elijah who was to come." But John said he wasn't Elijah. The Spirit of
Elijah was in John ministering to his heart.(and I don't mean Elijah lived in John, you added that word, I mean ministered to him) And John was speaking what Elijah was giving him to speak from God.

What do you think Jesus meant when he said about John, that he is Elijah that was to come? And he didn't say like Elijah, but is Elijah?

marhig

Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning. If you meant angels exterior to ourselves, or perhaps even nudging our thoughts here and there, I don't have specific objection to that. I got worried when I thought I saw talk about angels being inside ourselves, as if they would take control over our thoughts and actions.

It would seem to me that if one were willing to allow that they could easily be taken in by an "angel of light" (which is no loyal angel at all) thus the importance of getting this part straight among believers.
Angels are ministering Spirits, they are God's Angels, sent by God to minister to us, so they are Spirits that minister the word of God to his people. And they come from God, so they are holy. So they are a Holy Spirit that ministers to those who are heirs of salvation, helping to save them from Satan daily, by teaching and strengthing and guiding them in God and helping them to turn from evil and this world, helping those born of God through Christ, to overcome this world.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

marhig

I do keep my hair long because of what Paul said. But not that long :)

I don't see covering as meaning covering our body literally though. It has a deeper meaning and is symbolic. The Bible is full of deeper meanings, as is everything that God had created naturally.

My mum was talking about her brother the other day, and when he was a child he got a tape worm. And the doctor asked my granny what he had been doing, and when she told him, he said that he'd probably picked it up from the soil. And the worm grew inside him and would have killed him if they didn't get it out, the worm was taking from everything that he was eating, and he was losing all his weight.

And I saw that, he could eat what grows of God from the soil, but not eat the soil itself as it is full of creatures and things that can make you sick and even die. And I saw that we are like the earth, were just dust and we can't eat off the flesh. We can only eat of what God brings forth from it. And if we eat it, and take in from the wrong thing, it will grow inside us and could put us to death. The doctor gave him medicine. Our doctor is Christ, and our medicine is the Holy Spirit, sent to help to clean us out from the wrong within us and set us free. He's like our antibiotic, strengthing us to overcome. :)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Show where I said that or repent.

What? Angels sinned. Don't you know that angels sinned?

I don't understand your reasoning there.

Long hair covers the body of a woman when she is unclothed and thus not tempt the angels who are sons/males. There were angels who sinned and gave up their posts because they thought human women were beautiful.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you not understand what "the spirit of [so and so]" means? It means whoever has that "spirit" acts like the person mentioned.

It's called a figure of speech. Something you don't seem to even care about or try to understand.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Paul said that long hair on a woman is a COVERING.

That is what Paul says.

Your comment here shows you have no idea what the covering is for, nor the meaning behind the covering. A man is a womans cover, and a man has no covering before God.

It's one of the issues that many churches cannot rightly divide on, and therefore they require women to wear hats and for men to not wear hats during church services.

It has nothing to do with a woman's hair covering her body, it's symbolic for her covering before God.

lifeisgood

....Your foundation are built on murdering Jesus Christ....

Demeanor of Jesus Christ and His vicarious, atoning finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

Jesus was NOT murdered.
Jesus wasn't a martyr.
Jesus deliberately and willfully, on His own authority and sovereign will, laid down His life that we might live eternally with Him.

John 10:15-18