The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

The 24th Psalm calls Jesus the LORD (Jehovah), the LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle, and the LORD of Hosts. That's the same thing as God Almighty, isn't it?
Psalms 24

24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?

24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Christ Jesus isn't the father!

marhig

I did not say it had to be that long as Rosenritter said.

Paul even mentions by nature we can see that long hair covers the woman's physical body.

How do ever get that the covering is not literal? Paul speaks about nature, what is natural.

1 Corinthians 11:13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Doesn’t nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.
JR has spoken about the nakedness, do you know what the nakedness means? Thanks

Rosenritter

Psalms 24

24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?

24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Christ Jesus isn't the father!

Well, it does tell us in plain language that he is the same Jehovah (LORD) as is God's name throughout the whole bible. It also repeats it a few different times for us so that we won't miss it or pass it by. Keep reading the rest of the Psalm.

Psa 24:6-10 KJV
(6) This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
(7) Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
(8) Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
(9) Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
(10) Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

The King of glory receiver his blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation, and this King of glory is none other than the LORD. We don't get to pick and choose which scriptures we want to keep, we need to acknowledge them all.

Marhig, if we were discussing Han Solo, would you say he was Harrison Ford? Or would you say that he wasn't Harrison Ford? Sure, there are differences. One lives in a galaxy far far away. But your answer please. He is, or he is not?

marhig

Well, it does tell us in plain language that he is the same Jehovah (LORD) as is God's name throughout the whole bible. It also repeats it a few different times for us so that we won't miss it or pass it by. Keep reading the rest of the Psalm.

Psa 24:6-10 KJV
(6) This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
(7) Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
(8) Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
(9) Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
(10) Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

The King of glory receiver his blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation, and this King of glory is none other than the LORD. We don't get to pick and choose which scriptures we want to keep, we need to acknowledge them all.

Marhig, if we were discussing Han Solo, would you say he was Harrison Ford? Or would you say that he wasn't Harrison Ford? Sure, there are differences. One lives in a galaxy far far away. But your answer please. He is, or he is not?
Nothing there shows me that Jesus is the father, I don't see how you can think that, in the Bible they are clearly separate. Theres God the father, Christ Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit!

We were reading Philippians 2 tonight in our house meeting, and clearly Jesus is separate from the father.

Philippians 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And there are so many verses like this, that clearly show that Jesus isn't the father.

What about Jesus' prayer to the father in John 17? If Jesus was the father, that would mean he prays to himself? Yet he talked to the father always and he lived by his will and not by his own will, this also shows us that he is not the father. Even in his prayer to the father before he was crucified Jesus fell on his face and prayed, and said,

O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Jesus lived to please the father, to do his will, and obeyed him he said that without the father he could do nothing, and he said the father is greater than he!

Jesus isn't the father, he's the Christ the Holy son of the living God!

God's Truth

GT, please don't evade my question.

In Genesis 9:22-23, "Noah's nakedness was uncovered." Do you know what that means?

You won't even tell the truth about what you said concerning long hair on women, so what makes you think I can trust you to talk to me about Noah's nakedness?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You won't even tell the truth about what you said concerning long hair on women, so what makes you think I can trust you to talk to me about Noah's nakedness?
Please show this thread where I have been dishonest in my reasoning.

Otherwise, answer the question.

(Hint: Tambora posted verses that answer my question.)

God's Truth

Perhaps I should have been more specific. Oh wait, I was. I said "her body." The passage does not specify that the covering is for her body. In fact, the verse says that it is a covering for her head!

But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. - 1 Corinthians 11:5-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians11:5-6&version=NKJV

I never said it wasn't a covering at all, I only said that it wasn't a covering for her body.

GT, what does "their father's nakedness" mean from this passage?:

And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.But Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and went backward and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s nakedness. - Genesis 9:22-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis9:22-23&version=NKJV

Paul speaks about how it is right for a woman to have long hair as a covering---as shown by nature.

God's Truth

Please show this thread where I have been dishonest in my reasoning.

Otherwise, answer the question.

(Hint: Tambora posted verses that answer my question.)

Read more carefully. Paul SAYS BY NATURE long hair is a woman's COVERING, by NATURE.

1 Corinthians 15:14Doesn’t nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Paul speaks about how it is right for a woman to have long hair as a covering---as shown by nature.
You're right, and I've been agreeing with you all along with this statement. A woman's hair is her covering.

(Here's where we disagree...)

BUT NOT OF HER BODY! Her hair is a covering for her HEAD.

God's Truth

So if it wasn't a murder, why did Jesus ask the father to forgive them? And why did he say to Pilate that those who have handed me over to you have committed the greater sin?

And there's this, Stephen full of the Holy Spirit, speaking Acts 6

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; OF WHOM YOU HAVE NOW BEEN BETRAYERS AND MURDERERS.

God made the plan that Jesus would die for us. God made that plan before the creation of anything.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Read more carefully. Paul SAYS BY NATURE long hair is a woman's COVERING, by NATURE.

1 Corinthians 15:14Doesn’t nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.
GT, that doesn't mean it's a covering for her body. It just means that it's natural for a woman's hair to be long.

GT, you fail to see that I'm agreeing with you on this point. Where I disagree is where you say that her hair is a covering for her body.

God's Truth

You're right, and I've been agreeing with you all along with this statement. A woman's hair is her covering.

(Here's where we disagree...)

BUT NOT OF HER BODY! Her hair is a covering for her HEAD.

Long hair covers her head and her body/chest.

If it were only as your ignorant way suggests, then a man should shave his head and never have hair and so be covered on his head.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Long hair covers her head and her body/chest.
My fiancee's long hair does not cover her body nor torso. It covers her shoulders, and her neckline, but not her chest.

And there are many women who's hair falls naturally behind their backs, that does not come to the front.

GT, You're trying to add to the verse that a woman's hair covers her body, and it's not there. So please, stop trying to add that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He can't even understand how long hair covers a woman; how can he speak about Noah's nakedness?
You can't even understand that in some places in your argument, I'm not arguing against you, that I'm agreeing with you, and because of that, you can't even answer a simple question.

God's Truth

My fiancee's long hair does not cover her body nor torso. It covers her shoulders, and her neckline, but not her chest.
Are you really that slow? Your fiancee's hair isn't long enough.
And there are many women who's hair falls naturally behind their backs, that does not come to the front.

GT, You're trying to add to the verse that a woman's hair covers her body, and it's not there. So please, stop trying to add that.

God's Truth

You can't even understand that in some places in your argument, I'm not arguing against you, that I'm agreeing with you, and because of that, you can't even answer a simple question.

You can't be reasoned with on simple things, how can you be reasoned with on other things?