The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Your comment here shows you have no idea what the covering is for,
No, not me, it is you who proves you do not have any idea.

nor the meaning behind the covering. A man is a womans cover,
It is so simple, but you still don't see it. Paul says a WOMAN's HAIR is her covering.

1 Corinthians 11:15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

and a man has no covering before God.

It's one of the issues that many churches cannot rightly divide on, and therefore they require women to wear hats and for men to not wear hats during church services.

It has nothing to do with a woman's hair covering her body, it's symbolic for her covering before God.

Well I am glad to correct you on that.

God's Truth

Demeanor of Jesus Christ and His vicarious, atoning finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

Jesus was NOT murdered.
Jesus wasn't a martyr.
Jesus deliberately and willfully, on His own authority and sovereign will, laid down His life that we might live eternally with Him.

John 10:15-18

You can still say they killed Jesus.

The Bible says so.

Acts 5: 27 Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name," he said. "Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood." 29 Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead--whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree.

God's Truth

JudgeRightly,

This scripture tells us that women need to take responsibility for covering themselves because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels.

God's Truth

I do keep my hair long because of what Paul said. But not that long :)

I did not say it had to be that long as Rosenritter said.

Paul even mentions by nature we can see that long hair covers the woman's physical body.

I don't see covering as meaning covering our body literally though. It has a deeper meaning and is symbolic. The Bible is full of deeper meanings, as is everything that God had created naturally.
How do ever get that the covering is not literal? Paul speaks about nature, what is natural.

1 Corinthians 11:13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Doesn’t nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, not me, it is you who proves you do not have any idea.

It is so simple, but you still don't see it. Paul says a WOMAN's HAIR is her covering.

Note that I didn't disagree with the Bible, but only clarified.

But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head.But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.For man is not from woman, but woman from man.Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man.For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord.For as woman came from man, even so man also comes through woman; but all things are from God.Judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering. - 1 Corinthians 11:3-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians11:3-15&version=NKJV

1 Corinthians 11:15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

Well I am glad to correct you on that.

You didn't correct me in anything.

God's Truth

John's Spirit in Elijah, ministering to John? , I've just read what I said, that's my fault I said it wrong, sorry. I meant that the Spirit of Elijah was ministering to John.

Jesus said of John "he is Elijah who was to come." But John said he wasn't Elijah. The Spirit of
Elijah was in John ministering to his heart.(and I don't mean Elijah lived in John, you added that word, I mean ministered to him) And John was speaking what Elijah was giving him to speak from God.

What do you think Jesus meant when he said about John, that he is Elijah that was to come? And he didn't say like Elijah, but is Elijah?

I said the Holy Spirit LIVES in the saved. You started saying angels do; now you are arguing about the word 'live' in him? So according to you he was not living in him, just visiting him without living? See how that makes no sense and not defendable?

Jesus was explaining that John was like Elijah, they were similar in the message of repent.

God's Truth

Note that I didn't disagree with the Bible, but only clarified.

But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head.But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.For man is not from woman, but woman from man.Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man.For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord.For as woman came from man, even so man also comes through woman; but all things are from God.Judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering. - 1 Corinthians 11:3-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians11:3-15&version=NKJV

You didn't correct me in anything.

A woman's hair is her covering and you went against that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A woman's hair is her covering and you went against that.
I did not go against it. SHOW ME WHERE I WENT AGAINST IT.

What I said does not go against the verse we're discussing. It complements it. In addition to a woman's hair being her covering, a man is also a woman's covering.

Or does a man not stand as the covering for his wife?

Tell me GT, if you know, there is a figure of speech used in the Old Testament, "it is his father's/uncle's/brother's/etc. nakedness."

Do you know what that means?

God's Truth

I did not go against it. SHOW ME WHERE I WENT AGAINST IT.

What I said does not go against the verse we're discussing. It complements it. In addition to a woman's hair being her covering, a man is also a woman's covering.

Or does a man not stand as the covering for his wife?

Tell me GT, if you know, there is a figure of speech used in the Old Testament, "it is his father's/uncle's/brother's/etc. nakedness."

Do you know what that means?

You are not telling the truth.

I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
Paul said that long hair on a woman is a COVERING.

That is what Paul says.

You said this:
Your comment here shows you have no idea what the covering is for, nor the meaning behind the covering. A man is a womans cover, and a man has no covering before God.

It's one of the issues that many churches cannot rightly divide on, and therefore they require women to wear hats and for men to not wear hats during church services.

It has nothing to do with a woman's hair covering her body, it's symbolic for her covering before God.

God's Truth

Did you read what you said, JudgeRightly?

You said, "It has nothing to do with a woman's hair covering her body, it's symbolic for her covering before God."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Did you read what you said, JudgeRightly?

You said, "It has nothing to do with a woman's hair covering her body, it's symbolic for her covering before God."
GT, please don't evade my question.

In Genesis 9:22-23, "Noah's nakedness was uncovered." Do you know what that means?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are not telling the truth.

I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
Paul said that long hair on a woman is a COVERING.

That is what Paul says.

You said this:
Your comment here shows you have no idea what the covering is for, nor the meaning behind the covering. A man is a womans cover, and a man has no covering before God.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. Oh wait, I was. I said "her body." The passage does not specify that the covering is for her body. In fact, the verse says that it is a covering for her head!

But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. - 1 Corinthians 11:5-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians11:5-6&version=NKJV

I never said it wasn't a covering at all, I only said that it wasn't a covering for her body.

GT, what does "their father's nakedness" mean from this passage?:

And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.But Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and went backward and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s nakedness. - Genesis 9:22-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis9:22-23&version=NKJV

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps I should have been more specific. Oh wait, I was. I said "her body." The passage does not specify that the covering is for her body. In fact, the verse says that it is a covering for her head!

But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. - 1 Corinthians 11:5-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians11:5-6&version=NKJV

I never said it wasn't a covering at all, I only said that it wasn't a covering for her body.

GT, what does "their father's nakedness" mean from this passage?:

And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.But Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and went backward and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s nakedness. - Genesis 9:22-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis9:22-23&version=NKJV

Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV
(20) Cursed be he that lieth with his father's wife; because he uncovereth his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Leviticus 18:8 KJV
(8) The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Leviticus 20:11 KJV
(11) And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV
(20) Cursed be he that lieth with his father's wife; because he uncovereth his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Leviticus 18:8 KJV
(8) The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Leviticus 20:11 KJV
(11) And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Of necessity a change of the Law....

5 If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you, to some extent-- not to put it too severely.

6 The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient for him.

7 Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow.

8 I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.

9 The reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.

10 If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven-- if there was anything to forgive-- I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake,

11 in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of necessity a change of the Law....

5 If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you, to some extent-- not to put it too severely.

6 The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient for him.

7 Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow.

8 I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.

9 The reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.

10 If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven-- if there was anything to forgive-- I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake,

11 in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

And this is what book?

Rosenritter

Yes Jesus had the fullness of the father in him, the full power of the Holy Spirit so he was God with us. But he isn't the Almighty God, that is the father, there is the father, Son and the Holy Spirit. All three are separate, yet they are one in word, love and nature. But there is the father, he is God, over everything, then there's the son, Christ Jesus who the father has set at his right hand, being given authority, by the father to be over the heavens and the earth, and he is higher than anyone else being set there by the father, and then there is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, sent forth to minister the word of God.

And the Spirit cleanses our hearts and makes manifest God and Christ in the hearts of those who love God and are are willing to lay down their lives for others and become a living sacrifice. Believing, having true faith, trusting in God completely, putting God first and themselves last, and living by God's will daily being ready always to do what pleases him.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

The 24th Psalm calls Jesus the LORD (Jehovah), the LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle, and the LORD of Hosts. That's the same thing as God Almighty, isn't it?

Rosenritter

I am not afraid to say that I don't think I properly understand 1 Corinthians 11:3-16. If you think you can explain it I'll be happy to read your explanation. If this is too off topic then private message is OK. Thanks.

marhig

Demeanor of Jesus Christ and His vicarious, atoning finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

Jesus was NOT murdered.
Jesus wasn't a martyr.
Jesus deliberately and willfully, on His own authority and sovereign will, laid down His life that we might live eternally with Him.

John 10:15-18
So if it wasn't a murder, why did Jesus ask the father to forgive them? And why did he say to Pilate that those who have handed me over to you have committed the greater sin?

And there's this, Stephen full of the Holy Spirit, speaking Acts 6

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; OF WHOM YOU HAVE NOW BEEN BETRAYERS AND MURDERERS.