The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

So you reject that the Lord said they said to Him: 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'

Notice if you want that Jesus did not say to them that they were liars.

All that doing and in the end being rejected by the Lord.

They didn't repent of their sins they were still working iniquity.

God's Truth

Already answered and rejected.

You reject the Truth.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

1 Corinthians 15:45 In the same way also it is written, "The first man Adam became a living animal"; the last Adam is a life-giving Spirit.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Please show me a passage within the Bible that said the Son of God came to do either...

He came to seek and to save that which is lost, and he did that by both dying and living. That is why the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ is so important. By dying he sought the reconciliation of all, and by rising again to life he completed that work. Both are equally important.

The Son of God incarnated, according to Covenant promise, to crush the power of Satan who held the power of fear of death over the Covenant children.

The death of Jesus Christ saves His people from that bondage.

Genesis 3:15/Hebrews 2:14-17

The death of the Saviour saves, and His resurrection from that death, evidences His eternal deity and sovereignty.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
As for the trinity doctrine, there are three, but the three are one and the same not different and separate as the trinitarians teach.
There is no "separate" in the Church's belief in, and teaching of, the Trinity.

Nobody should ever listen to Gt when Gt says this or that is what the Trinity doctrine is, Gt is an unreliable source for what the Trinity dogma is.
The trinitarians say the Father is not Spirit
The Father is not the Holy Spirit.
, Jesus is not Spirit
Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.
, and the Holy Spirit is their proxy.
:freak:
That is a false doctrine.
Well you've certainly made a powerful case, but you might lose this one in the electoral college, Gt; sorry. :plain:
I can prove with scripture that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
You're an idiot.

God's Truth

You do not know what kind of faith James was talking about.

No, their faith was not made complete by what they did.

They acted BECAUSE their faith was already COMPLETE on what God said.

James 2:22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

Anyone who can see can see that you go against the Word of God.

God's Truth

The Lord did not say to them that when they said to Him 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?', wasn't true.

They did not BELIEVE in the Lord and His finished/completed work at the Cross of Calvary, however, they were using Jesus' name prophesying, driving out demons, performing miracles. Jesus did not say they did not do that.

Jesus said, 'Get away from Me. I have no idea who you are.'

All that doing and being rejected by the Lord.

Matthew 7:22 21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’

They didn't obey Jesus and repent of their sins.
Obeying Jesus and repenting of our sins is how we are known by God.

The Bible tells us plainly that God KNOWS those who obey Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

That scripture says whoever LOVES God is KNOWN by God.

How do we LOVE God?

The Bible says we love God by obeying Him.

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

You love God by obeying His commands, and then He will know you.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

After you love God by obeying Jesus, Jesus will reveal himself to you, you will then know Jesus, and Jesus will know you.

God's Truth

We are to tell others about His love for us that way preaching Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work at the Cross of Calvary and what an honor it is to tell others about God’s love for them that God knowing that we could not/cannot go to Him He decided to come down here and bring us to Him.

Teach that to your children, talking about Him and what He did when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

That scripture is about teaching to obey God.

God's Truth

There is no "separate" in the Church's belief in, and teaching of, the Trinity.
Your mere little denials mean nothing.
The trinity doctrine teaches they are different AND SEPARATE.
Even trinitarians preach that here.

[MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION]

I do not have time to go through such an enormously long tread. Let me state what I understand you to believe so that I do not get your stance on the Trinity incorrect.

1. You believe that both Jesus and the Father are eternal beings.
  2. You believe that both Jesus and the Father are separate beings.
  3. You believe that Both Jesus and the Father are perfect beings.

Once you reply, I will be able to further develop a conversation with you without trying to assume what you believe.

glorydaz

Please show me a passage within the Bible that said the Son of God came to do either...

He came to seek and to save that which is lost, and he did that by both dying and living. That is why the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ is so important. By dying he sought the reconciliation of all, and by rising again to life he completed that work. Both are equally important.

:thumb:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Your mere little denials mean nothing.
The trinity doctrine teaches they are different AND SEPARATE.
No.
Even trinitarians preach that here.
I don't know why. AMR has said that quote-unquote the Protestant teaching is the same as the Catholic teaching of the Trinity, so I don't know why any Protestant would say anything contrary to the Catholic teaching of the Trinity. *Shrug.*

God's Truth

Come on trinitarians, explain what the Father's 'essence' is.

The trinitarian doctrine says Jesus shared God's 'essence', explain what that is or admit you can't defend that false doctrine.

By the way, your favorite trinitarian AMR could not explain it in the one on one debate.

AMR did state when pressured that the essence is not the Spirit, and is not Light.

lol

lifeisgood

Those who are truly washed in the blood of the lamb have his life within their hearts, and his life is seen through them, and they are denying their flesh, turning from this world, and living by the will of God.

Christ will be made manifest in them by the power of the Spirit!

Nothing to do with OBEY TO BE SAVE though.