The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

So you reject that the Lord said they said to Him: 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'

Notice if you want that Jesus did not say to them that they were liars.

All that doing and in the end being rejected by the Lord.
Yes because they weren't living by the will of God!

marhig

gt, when you be washed by the blood of the Lamb you will know and you will be telling everybody about it for the joy that the Lamb accepted you and He washed you in His blood.
Those who are truly washed in the blood of the lamb have his life within their hearts, and his life is seen through them, and they are denying their flesh, turning from this world, and living by the will of God.

Christ will be made manifest in them by the power of the Spirit!

marhig

The Lord did not say to them that when they said to Him 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?', wasn't true.

They did not BELIEVE in the Lord and His finished/completed work at the Cross of Calvary, however, they were using Jesus' name prophesying, driving out demons, performing miracles. Jesus did not say they did not do that.

Jesus said, 'Get away from Me. I have no idea who you are.'

All that doing and being rejected by the Lord.
Nope, Jesus said it's because they weren't living by the will of God

popsthebuilder

Nothing absolutely to do with OBEY TO BE SAVED.
Stop trying to move the goal posts.

You said to believe isn't to act nor carry out in deed, repeatedly.

Now you say they did deeds but not for salvation.

No one said they did them to be saved.

The good and right deed is a product of effectual faith.

You deny effectual faith and in doing so; the vast majority of the Bible

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

marhig

They made sure they were endowed with the oil (the Holy Spirit), which they were.

They didn’t bother to obtain the oil (the Holy Spirit)

After the Lord has saved you, you will look forward to learning more and more about the one who saved you. That’s a given.
And what did they have to do to obtain oil? (The Holy spirit)

marhig

In the presence of whom was He in, marhig?
What had they done to Him, marhig?
What were they doing to Him, marhig?
What cause He was going though at that moment, marhig?
Did He ever said that He was going to Jerusalem to die on a cruel Cross, marhig?

If you can answer the above honestly to you, you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

And then Jesus answers Pilate:
'To this end was I born' What end marhig?
'for this cause I came into the world' What cause marhig?
'that I should bear witness unto the truth' What truth marhig?
'Every one that is of the truth' have you answered to yourself 'what truth', marhig?
"heareth my voice' Have you heard His truth yet, marhig?

Thank you so much for reminding me all He had to go through to save such a puny, undeserving nobody like me.

Still no verse?

He certainly did say he was going to Jerusalem to be die a cruel death, and by whom? Wicked men, those who are under the power of darkness, doing the works of their father the devil! And they pleased not God! But where does he say that he was going to die to save us? He lived to save us, and we are saved by his life, he came and preached the gospel and lived by what he taught, baring witness to the truth, and those who are of the truth hear his voice. They believe in him and believe the gospel, they have faith in God and through that faith by the grace of God they are saved and then those who are brought from death to life, born of God who walk in the Spirit, go on to live by the will of God and worship him in Spirit and in truth!

I haven't once said that Jesus didn't have to bare what he did, I keep saying he was willing to bare whatsoever was set before him, and God knew what would happen to Jesus once he came to this world, and what wicked men would do to him, and he prophisised it though those in the old testament and Jesus was willing for it, as he wanted to save as many as he could by the ministry of reconciliation, by word of God.

Read the parable of the wicked tenants, this is about Jesus himself, and look at what God did to those wicked men who didn't reverence him but rather killed him! (Matthew 21}

Death doesn't save, life saves. And Jesus was willing for everything, he bore his cross including the crucifixion to bring us and bare witness to the truth, showing us and teaching us how to truly love God and others, no matter what we go through and no matter what is set before us, we must keep our faith, and show the love of God and life of Christ to others and glorify them, love, forgive and show with mercy through Christ Jesus. and through Jesus we can overcome the world because he overcame Satan and the world and he can help us to do so too. Through Christ we can receive the strength to overcome by the power of the Spirit of God! Without him we can do nothing, he is the way the truth and the life, and the only way to the father is through him!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Death doesn't save, life saves. And Jesus was willing for everything, he bore his cross including the crucifixion to bring us and bare witness to the truth, showing us and teaching us how to truly love God and others, no matter what we go through and no matter what is set before us, we must keep our faith, and show the love of God and life of Christ to others and glorify them, love, forgive and show with mercy through Christ Jesus. and through Jesus we can overcome the world because he overcame Satan and the world and he can help us to do so too. Through Christ we can receive the strength to overcome by the power of the Spirit of God! Without him we can do nothing, he is the way the truth and the life, and the only way to the father is through him!

Sounds religious, but a quick read of the above, reveals at least 9 biblical errors, if not more.

Why are so many, so quick and so willing, to proclaim such falsehoods, without proper authority?

marhig

Sounds religious, but a quick read of the above, reveals at least 9 biblical errors, if not more.

Why are so many, so quick and so willing, to proclaim such falsehoods, without proper authority?
Can you show me those errors? Thanks

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ok, well feel free to do so, if you wish.

I might not answer straight away as I'm tired, but I will. Thanks.

When you feel rested, please explain your declaration that "death doesn't save" within the context of the Incarnation purpose, to which you (vaguely) referred.

Rosenritter

How did you manage to find nine biblical errors in only five sentences?

"Death doesn't save, life saves." Supported by Romans 5:10 and 1 Corinthians 15:17.

If we exclude the first sentence (which is strongly supported) now you have to find nine errors in three sentences. Let's imagine that you were trying to be helpful. In such a case you should state what the error is, and explicitly show what the better alternative is. Unsupported allegations don't help.

Bonus points if you distinguish between errors that matter, and harmless errors (or even differences of opinion.)

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
How did you manage to find nine biblical errors in only five sentences?

"Death doesn't save, life saves." Supported by Romans 5:10 and 1 Corinthians 15:17.

If we exclude the first sentence (which is strongly supported) now you have to find nine errors in three sentences. Let's imagine that you were trying to be helpful. In such a case you should state what the error is, and explicitly show what the better alternative is. Unsupported allegations don't help. Isn't that getting awfully close along the lines of what you just pointed at others, "quick and willing... to proclaim falsehoods ... without proper authority?"

Did the Son of God incarnate to live, or to die?

Get that answer wrong, and a whole host of errors will follow . . .

Rosenritter

Get that answer wrong, and a whole host of error will follow . . .

The answer is yes, but your question is flawed as it implies a meaning other than the best answer.

The Son of God incarnated to live, and die, and then to live again. You may think that the death is important, and it is, but without the rising to life again, it is worthless, a loss, a stunning defeat at the hands of the devil. Without being quickened by the Spirit (1 Peter 3:18) there is no victory to preach, and we, of all men, are most miserable (1 Corinthians 15:19).

Consider this passage about Christ's death:

John 12:32-33 KJV
(32) And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
(33) This he said, signifying what death he should die.

That only draws all men to Him if He is also raised to life. Death doesn't save anyone, a dead savior does not save, yet a living savior with the keys to hell and death, with life in himself as the Father has life in himself at whose voice the very dead shall rise (John 5:25-26) that savior saves.

Revelation 1:18 KJV
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

OK, I understand your logic now. But it's seems like a flawed logic, namely in your definition of perfect. Perfect does not mean "encompasses everything" or else we, and every rock tree and twig must also be God.

Who was it that created and sustains us and every rock, tree and twig? Everything that exists is contingent upon the existence of God. Everything that exists came from God, and therefore, is encompassed by God. Perfect means "exhaustively complete" within the defined parameters. When it comes to God, who is infinite and therefore defining the parameters of perfect as such, it certainly does mean "encompasses everything."

If you had one being, God, and then there was a second almost like him, with the difference that he liked the color red more than the color blue, and he liked vanilla more than chocolate, would this new being be any less "perfect?"

I have played this "what if there were two beings" scenario game too many times. As soon as you say "second almost like him" you automatically, logically disqualify both beings from being perfect. By you stating that a second being exists means that each being lacks something that the other one has. The only way a second being could exist is if one is contingent upon the other for their existence. We only exist because we are contingent upon God's perfect existence.

Furthermore, a perfect being cannot create another perfect being; because that would mean that the first perfect being would no longer be perfect since it would then be lacking something.

I'm not preaching more than one God, I'm just saying that I don't think your specific argument proves what you wanted it to.

I understand that you are not preaching more than one God. I find that most people aren't intelligent enough to even begin to comprehend the logic behind an eternal, infinite God. The fact that you understand enough to even try to pick apart the logic shows promise.

Let me try a mathematical approach to this. In math, it is impossible to have two infinities; that is, two all-encompassing "numbers". You can have more than one infinite set, even different sized infinite sets, but these are all included within the overarching "number," infinity. Since God is infinite, it is impossible for two beings to be infinite; therefore, if one believes that both God and Jesus are perfect/infinite, either Jesus is God, or Jesus being perfect is a false doctrine.

It is the same logic Jesus used when the man came to him and called him good. Jesus asked the man why the man was calling him good when only God is good. He was saying that either the man believed him to be God or the man had a false belief about him.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The answer is yes, but your question is flawed as it implies a meaning other than the best answer.

The Son of God incarnated to live, and die, and then to live again. You may think that the death is important, and it is, but without the rising to life again, it is worthless, a loss, a stunning defeat at the hands of the devil. Without being quickened by the Spirit (1 Peter 3:18) there is no victory to preach, and we, of all men, are most miserable (1 Corinthians 15:19).

Consider this passage about Christ's death:

John 12:32-33 KJV
(32) And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
(33) This he said, signifying what death he should die.

That only draws all men to Him if He is also raised to life. Death doesn't save anyone, a dead savior does not save, yet a living savior with the keys to hell and death, with life in himself as the Father has life in himself at whose voice the very dead shall rise (John 5:25-26) that savior saves.

Revelation 1:18 KJV
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Sadly, you show scant appreciation of the sure salvation Christ achieved in His death... as exampled in John 12:32-33. You just slid right past the depths of that teaching!

Indeed, His resurrection proved The deity that conquered death, but biblical understanding of the necessity and cost of Jesus' death, is absent from the erroneous sentiments being posted by many.

Get that answer wrong, and a whole host of errors will follow . . .

Please show me a passage within the Bible that said the Son of God came to do either...

He came to seek and to save that which is lost, and he did that by both dying and living. That is why the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ is so important. By dying he sought the reconciliation of all, and by rising again to life he completed that work. Both are equally important.