The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Right Divider

Body part
And what distinction am I not accepting.
That the Holy Spirit is spoken of distinctly from the Father and the Son.

GOD'S Spirit dwelled in Christ. That same Spirit dwells in the body of Christ today.
You are NOT Christ.

When the Bible speaks of the Spirit indwelling believers, it is using a figure of speech.

Please quote scripture so that we can discuss what it means (regarding both of your claims above).

popsthebuilder

That the Holy Spirit is spoken of distinctly from the Father and the Son.

You are NOT Christ.

When the Bible speaks of the Spirit indwelling believers, it is using a figure of speech.

Please quote scripture so that we can discuss what it means (regarding both of your claims above).

I will gladly post scripture showing that the Spirit dwells in the body of Christ.

I find it rather odd that you do not know that already, but I will still go over it with you.

I am working right now though; it will have to be later

And I never said or insinuated that I was Christ so please stop adding things to my words.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Right Divider

Body part
I will gladly post scripture showing that the Spirit dwells in the body of Christ.
I will gladly explain to you again and again that those are figures of speech.

I find it rather odd that you do not know that already, but I will still go over it with you.
I'm trying to make sure that we are talking about EXACTLY the same scripture, so that there is no ambiguity.

I am working right now though; it will have to be later
Super.

And I never said or insinuated that I was Christ so please stop adding things to my words.
Your post made it sound like the Spirit indwelt Christ in the same way as members of the body of Christ.

Be more clear if you don't want us to make that mistake in understanding.

popsthebuilder

What is your definition of a 'person'?
per·son

ˈpərs(ə)n/

noun

a human being regarded as an individual.

"the porter was the last person to see her"

synonyms:human being, individual, man/woman, child, human, being, (living) soul, mortal, creature; More

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The personhood of the Son did not start at the incarnation, as both non-flesh entities and flesh (sarx) entities can both have personhood.
The Father has personhood but no flesh (sarx) body.
Angels also have personhood but are not flesh (sarx).
Fesh (sarx) isn't a requirement for personhood.

glorydaz

There is only one Spirit. Believe the scriptures.

You sound like keypurr saying there are all kinds of spirits and demons.

I am not talking about all kinds of spirits. I am talking about the one and only divine Spirit.

The person of the Holy Spirit. He is a full-fledged member of the Godhead. Co equal with the Father and Son.

And you're the one who sounds like Keypurr....confused beyond all description.

glorydaz

What?

Either you where too lazy to read it or it didn't agree with your preconceived bias.

I showed that the Holy Spirit was not an outside person and that IT communicates directly and not through another person.

I can't believe I actually valued your opinion and you just completely discredited mine.

I went back and placed context on the verses you misrepresented and all you have to say for yourself is unintelligible response?

You realize the vast majority of that response is pertinent scripture showing the verses you quoted within context, right.

So you are pretty much calling the scripture stupid.

That's jacked up.

You seriously can't believe you're full of crap, can you? You're a big mouth boaster like God's Untruth who thinks you know what you're talking about....and are offended when your words are laughed at as non-sensical.

Oh, the offense of not being taken as seriously as you take yourself. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The resurrected Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

popsthebuilder

That is the definition of a HUMAN person.
Wow.... you're actually serious.

In reality though I simply googled "person definition", and that was the first and main one.

The other was speaking of grammatical uses such as "me, myself, and I".

You say that is the definition for human person when in reality, person is human in definition.

Last edited: