Banned
giphy.gif

Is that a dodge? Not impressive.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Of course.

Isaiah 45:7

Now you're fighting dirty. You came in here with a simple answer that held no weight, whatsoever. But, you are insinuating deeper theological perceptions.

Are you associating this with God "being Sinful", or with God "knowing evil"?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Now you're fighting dirty. You came in here with a simple answer that held no weight, whatsoever. But, you are insinuating deeper theological perceptions.

Are you associating this with God being "Sinful", or with God "knowing evil"?

Just playing by your particular set of theological rules.

If God created man and man is inherently sinful...then God created sin.
Basic logic.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Is that a dodge? Not impressive.

Okay...

Full disclosure. We have been enjoying discussion on this matter for sometime. I refused to let you get away with hit and run.

Hence, I shined you on.

But... I fully disagree with you that on your incineration that God has "Never Existed" at any point. God has "always existed", from my perspective.

I will concede my point to you if you can logically disprove me through simple questions of logic that require yes or no answers. You are welcome to shoot first. Do you accept this challenge of logic?

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Basic logic.

Indeed.... hmmm... More to come on that later..., but task at hand.

I'm warming up to the way you communicate.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Okay...

Full disclosure. We have been enjoying discussion on this matter for sometime. I refused to let you get away with hit and run.

Hence, I shined you on.

But... I fully disagree with you that God has "Never Existed" at any point. God has "always existed".

I will concede my point to you if you can logically disprove me through simple questions of logic that require yes or no answers. You are welcome to shoot first. Do you accept this challenge of logic?

I'm heading to work...but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Shoot...

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I'm heading to work...but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Shoot...

Honestly... I'm genuinely excited. Thank you. Happy working. And... first question deferred to me. Unexpected.

Are you comfortable trying to disprove that God has "always existed" with a linear approach to "time"?

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God does not "experience" things like a human does (except as Jesus did).

What silly statements! I'm the one saying that God knows all and then YOU ask if I think that He's dumb?

I was asking you based on your interpretation of what I believe.

Do you really think that when God says that He will "remember their sin no more" that He will forget like a man forgets? :nono:

I think He does what He says He will do. Or do you think He lied when He said He would forget the sins?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Precisely, so how does time go back forever. Are you suggesting that it's an attribute of God that is NEVER mentioned in the Bible?

An attribute? No.

An aspect of His existence, YES.

Into eternity future, sure. Or are you trying to say that we have also always existed?

So you think that it was not until Abraham offered up his son that He knew that Abraham feared Him or had a reverence for Him?

I think God had some idea that Abraham loved God, and as you say, God knows what is on a man's heart. But I think God likes to confirm things, instead of just look and see.

I would say that the LORD knew that previously since He knows what is in a man's heart.Also, previously to that Abraham did believe what the LORD said (Gen.15:6).

Do you really think that the LORD, who does not have a physical body,has legs and walks around using those legs?

No, But I think that in the Garden He formed an image for Adam and Eve to look at so He could communicate with them on a personal level. Whether it 'walked' or not is a different matter.

• 6 days (Genesis 2:2)
  • The 7 day week was a model for Israel's work and worship (Exodus 20:8-11)
  • He could have done it in a microsecond (or less).

God could have, but chose to do it in 6 days, and rested on the 7th, so that He could admire His work. He wanted to intimately know what He was creating.

Still timebound. :idunno:

It is illogical for something to exist outside of time.

So it completely left the mind of the LORD?

Yes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Basic logic.

This is sidebar... Unless a person ascribes to "theological rules" before your very eyes, it is best to empty of self and empty of self perception... before one engages in the discourse of spiritual things.

I'm not being sarcastic now. I'm saying that "balance" is very important, and human wisdom is incapable of bringing "true balance". Thus, I assert, my "theological rules" are simple.

God is Love
God is the Origin of "Everything", yet He is without Origin
God is not a Tyrant and thus FreeWill is a gift of God purchased with His Love that we might each come to know Him uniquely and sincerely... as He clearly knows us.

Mankind is utterly "nothing" without Him, but utterly "everything" to Him.

Now you know my rules.

: )

Re-post of my first question to you:

Are you comfortable trying to "disprove" that God has "always existed" with a linear approach to "time"?

Jerry Shugart

Basic logic.

A big " IF."

According to your ideas God makes men sinful and then He punishes them for the very thing which He alone is responsible.

That is not the God that I worship!

Besides that, consider what is said about the LORD:

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all"
(1 Jn.1:5).​

According to your ideas the LORD is full of the things of darkness and He is spreading those things all over the earth.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
This is sidebar... Unless a person ascribes to "theological rules" before your very eyes, it is best to empty of self and empty of self perception... before one engages in the discourse of spiritual things.

I'm not being sarcastic now. I'm saying that "balance" is very important, and human wisdom is incapable of bringing "true balance". Thus, I assert, my "theological rules" are simple.

God is Love
God is the Origin of "Everything", yet He is without Origin
God is not a Tyrant and thus FreeWill is a gift of God purchased with His Love that we might each come to know Him uniquely and sincerely... as He clearly knows us.

Mankind is utterly "nothing" without Him, but utterly "everything" to Him.

Now you know my rules.

: )

Re-post of my first question to you:

First my view regarding God:

I view God as a construction, an idea constructed in an effort to understand our mysterious and uncertain lives, evident by the pantheon of historically existing, primarily irrelevant, gods. As such the question of God's existence between existing as a mere idea against His presumed ontological being maintains a wider gap than the average believer will comfortably admit to.

With this in mind....the answer to your question is, no...quite to the contrary.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
First my view regarding God:

I view God as a construction, an idea constructed in an effort to understand our mysterious and uncertain lives, evident by the pantheon of historically existing, primarily irrelevant, gods. As such the question of God's existence between existing as a mere idea and His possible ontological being maintains a wider gap than the average believer will comfortably admit to.

With this in mind....the answer to your question is no...quite to the contrary.

This is where I freak out...

#nope

I'm honored to be able to debate with you. When you came back, immediately after I threw sarcasm your way, I knew you would contribute to this discussion well.

I fully understand and respect your perspective. I'm not here to make you follow "These foreign laws of God and man." Nor do I desire to "Wrest their neighbor to their will".

I hope we may discuss this still.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
This is where I freak out...

#nope

I'm honored to be able to debate with you. When you came back, immediately after I threw sarcasm your way, I knew you would contribute to this discussion well.

I fully understand and respect your perspective. I'm not here to make you follow "These foreign laws of God and man." Nor do I desire to "Wrest their neighbor to their will".

I hope we may discuss this still.

If I have not ears to hear my neighbor, how can I open mouth towards my neighbor?

Your turn to "shoot". [MENTION=2365]quip[/MENTION]

Jerry Shugart

I think God had some idea that Abraham loved God, and as you say, God knows what is on a man's heart. But I think God likes to confirm things, instead of just look and see.

So the LORD didn't even know if Abraham revered Him even though He knew His heart? And He did not even know earlier when He credited him with righteousness?:

"And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Gen.15:5-6).​

How could the LORD credit Abraham with righteousness if he didn't even know if he revered Him or not?