The Timelessness of God

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or are you trying to say that we have also always existed?
Was mankind always in the mind of GOD, or did we come to His mind at some point?
When we were in His mind (at whatever point), did we become a reality then or were we not reality till creation?

:think:

Where's my aspirin bottle!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Then why'd it take 7 days to create our universe?

What does "IN THE BEGINNING" mean?

Beginning of God?
Beginning of the universe?
Beginning of time?

Notice the Gap that is in between "Created the heavens and the earth" and "the earth was formless and void?"
Notice the Gap between "formless and void" and the first day of creation?

Perhaps, citing 7 days isn't enough to answer this?

200w.gif

#Favorite animated gif... EVER!!!

quip

BANNED
Banned
What does "IN THE BEGINNING" mean?

Beginning of God?
Beginning of the universe?
Beginning of time?

Notice the Gap that is in between "Created the heavens and the earth" and "the earth was formless and void?"
Notice the Gap between "formless and void" and the first day of creation?

Perhaps, citing 7 days isn't enough to answer this?

200w.gif

#Favorite animated gif... EVER!!!

Alas, God must have existed in time.

Creators can't create transcendent and removed upon the time of their creation. Makes no sense.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Bible says that God "stretched out the heavens." Sounds like it was a one time event.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God does not "experience" things like a human does (except as Jesus did).

What silly statements! I'm the one saying that God knows all and then YOU ask if I think that He's dumb?

You are getting incredibly silly with these statements. You are trying to make God like a man.

Do you really think that when God says that He will "remember their sin no more" that He will forget like a man forgets? :nono:

Please feel free to confirm, from the Bible, that "God did not know what Adam would name the animals in the Garden". I'd love to see that.

Your god is weak.

Based on what?
Everything else in the verse was literal.

[/COLOR]What on earth would a spiritual 'now' be??????????????

Yep. He did the time He visited Abraham and ate with him.

So you think that it was not until Abraham offered up his son that He knew that Abraham feared Him or had a reverence for Him?

I would say that the LORD knew that previously since He knows what is in a man's heart.Also, previously to that Abraham did believe what the LORD said (Gen.15:6).

Do you really think that the LORD, who does not have a physical body,has legs and walks around using those legs?

Was mankind always in the mind of GOD, or did we come to His mind at some point?
When we were in His mind (at whatever point), did we become a reality then or were we not reality till creation?

:think:

Where's my aspirin bottle!

I can't wait to hear the answer to that!!!

Not really up to what I think, but what scripture says.
Scripture says He knew it when He saw it ----- now.

KineyojzT.jpeg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you really think that when God says that He will "remember their sin no more" that He will forget like a man forgets? :nono:
Remember means to bring it up in your mind.
To not remember means to not bring it up to your mind.

That's what forgiveness is ----- no longer bringing up one's faults.
When we are faulted and we forgive them of their faults, we say 'forget about it'.

Jerry Shugart

Not really up to what I think, but what scripture says.
Scripture says He knew it when He saw it ----- now.

If we are to take the verse literally then we must believe that the LORD did not even know that Abraham revered Him until he offered up his son. But I believe that He knew that he did because the LORD knows what is in the heart of man:

"But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart" (1 Sam.16:7).​

Do you think that the LORD just experienced a sudden blackout and was unable to look at what was in the heart of Abraham before he offered up Issac?

Of course since the LORD knows the heart of man He didn't need to see an outward act of Abraham in order to know whether or not Abraham feared Him.