The Timelessness of God

Right Divider

Body part
Again, if God knows our entire life in advance why not cause it to occur in minutes rather than years like The Inner Light Star Trek: The Next Generation episode?

Did God know that Susan Smith would become a monster who drowned her two kids and let David Smith marry her anyway? How cruel.
Nothing like some false reasoning to try to make a point.

The disciples wanted to know if Elijah would come before the return of the Messiah (Mt 17:10). Jesus said that he would come (v 17:11) and he had come (v 17:12). John the Baptist would have been the Elijah had the Jews repented.

Love is more important that prophecy. Had Pharaoh repented, that would have been a good thing. Had Judas repented, that would have been a good thing.
:dizzy:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[The Inner Light Star Trek: The Next Generation episode] Nothing like some false reasoning to try to make a point.
It makes more sense to say that our life is known just not lived out yet? :dizzy: Why reply to this post? You have to because you were predestined to? Try not responding. See if that changes the space time continuum. :freak:

Right Divider

Body part
It makes more sense to say that our life is known just not lived out yet? :dizzy: Why reply to this post? You have to because you were predestined to? Try not responding. See if that changes the space time continuum. :freak:
You are the worst poster on TOL. You pick out random verses think you're very smart.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Of course you know that is not true!

On post #366, page 25 of this thread you said:
Ever think to look before post 366?

No!

Anyone can go back to your post which I mentioned and see that you have never responded to what I said.
I responded. THE WHOLE THREAD IS STILL HERE - moron!

And I don't expect that you will ever respond to what I said. After all, what could you possibly say that could defend your indefensible ideas?
Says the guy who refuses to respond to one single argument I've made on this thread.

By the way, I am not a Calvinist and I have never been a Calvinist.
I didn't say you were. You are Calvinistic if you believe in the timeless existence of God. You could just as accurately be called Augustinianistic but that implies Catholicism and probably isn't even a real word. Either way, the term fits. Wear it or repent.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jerry Shugart

Ever think to look before post 366?

of course I did. I waited and waited for you to answer but you never did.

I responded. THE WHOLE THREAD IS STILL HERE - moron!

Where is your response?

Show us that you actually responded to what I said here at Post #363 on page 25:

Earlier I said:

In fact, we cannot have a definite knowledge of very specific things which will happen in the future, such as knowing who will believe the gospel and who will not.

This is your answer:

This is an unsubstantiated claim. You have made no attempt to establish this claim. Even if it is true (which it may well be), the fact that we cannot says nothing about what God can or cannot do.

If my idea is in error then please tell me when some man or woman have a foreknowledge of who would believe and be saved. As far as we know, a person might not even be alive tomorrow so no one on the earth can know whether or not that person will believe in the future.

Further, what you'll never be able to establish is that God's knowledge or lack thereof has anything to do with existing outside of time.

Then please tell me how this happened unless the LORD exists outside of time?:

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:48).​

Notice that the LORD ordained or appoined them to eternal life before they believed. Therefore, the LORD had to foreknow who would believe.

Let us look at this verse:

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love"
(Eph.1:4).​

How could the LORD have chosen some to be saved before the foundation of the world unless He had a foreknowledge of exactly who would believe?

Where is your response to that?

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION]

I tried to PM you, but your box was full. Please clear a little space and shoot me a PM.

Thank you sir.