meshak

BANNED
Banned
many here say rev 20 is the kingdom and Christ will reign
and
I ask them where it says that
because
it doesn't say that

Ok, I will take a look but I know Jesus will reign a millennium with His elect.

It says clearly in the Bible. I will find it for you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And I saw thrones and they sat on them and judgment was committed to them.

Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands.

And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 NKJV)

Jordan Fontenot

If you're referring to Revelation 20:1-6 then you are a little misguided. Unless only those who are beheaded are the elect then we are in a bit of trouble. I suppose we should start lobbing off heads to ensure people make it to heaven...

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Meshak,

(hypothetically) If, when we get to heaven, it is shown beyond doubt that the thousand years John had in mind was figurative for a long and perfectly planned time period between Jesus' comings, (let's say, the church age), would you readily accept this explanation as valid or would you protest that God had not been clear enough?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And I saw thrones and they sat on them and judgment was committed to them.

Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands.

And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 NKJV)

thank you Jamie.:)

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
And I saw thrones and they sat on them and judgement was committed to them.

Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshipped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands.

Ok, so now I have a few questions! (not presented frivolously)

1. Will the souls of those who were beheaded live and reign with or without physical heads? It says nothing about their heads being returned or getting new ones.

2. Or will they be souls only without bodies therefore not needing heads?
2b. If they have no physical bodies how will those over whom they reign recognize or relate to them?

3. Where are these souls now existing - or are they in stasis?

4. How did John see these souls? With his physical or spiritual eyes? And where were they when John saw them?

5. How is it that (presumably) thousands of souls and Christ can reign? Are they equal to Christ with regard to reigning? Are they also kings? Verse 6 says that they will also be priests. Are they to be Levitical priests and kings?

If any of the answers to these questions are figurative/spiritual instead of physical, I will immediately suggest that the thousand years could also be figurative.

BTW, the last verse is inaccurate in the NKJV.
It is not "reigned with Christ for a thousand years".
It is "reigned with Christ a thousand years".

Note that the Greek word "dia"- for, is absent.
It is not absent in "beheaded for (dia) the witness..."
Or in "for (dia) the word of God..."

RBBI

Major clue: a thousand years is like a day, and a day is like a thousand years. So what DAY do you think it's referring to? Peace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Major clue: a thousand years is like a day, and a day is like a thousand years. So what DAY do you think it's referring to? Peace

The seventh millennial day pictured by the weekly seventh day of rest.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
it doesn't say Christ will reign

For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5 NKJV)

And have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:10 NKJV)​

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5 NKJV)

And have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:10 NKJV)​

so you are reigning with Christ
if
you happen to be reigning in His name

right?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
it is history

a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

That empire believed that it would hand the kingdom over to Christ at His coming. That the world would become more and more 'Christianized' until the Return.

Rome believes that it is the empire simply because of its longevity. But the Protestsnts explain Rome's longevity by tagging it the bad lady, (I use this childish term because Sherman has delicate ears).

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That empire believed that it would hand the kingdom over to Christ at His coming. That the world would become more and more 'Christianized' until the Return.

Rome believes that it is the empire simply because of its longevity. But the Protestsnts explain Rome's longevity by tagging it the bad lady, (I use this childish term because Sherman has delicate ears).

no
just on the seven hills
and
that is not sufficient
and
it was not a mystery

iamaberean

the thousand years

You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ and any time two or more are gathered in His name, He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

back to
the apocalypse

I have learned something new researching your OP.

I have always known that 'a thousand' is an unknown amount unless it has a qualifier, such as 1, 2, etc.

Now I know this to be true and in the case you have presented it is forever, and that is still an unknown amount of time.

Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have learned something new researching your OP.

I have always known that 'a thousand' is an unknown amount unless it has a qualifier, such as 1, 2, etc..

how do you know that?
and
what new thing have you learned from my op?

iamaberean

how do you know that?
and
what new thing have you learned from my op?

Mat 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.
pentakischilioi
pen-tak-is-khil'-ee-oy
From G3999 and G5507; five times a thousand: - five thousand.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
chilioi
khil'-ee-oy
Plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand: - thousand.