the thousand years

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Constantinople which was the eastern Roman Empire rose 325? and fell around 1204 to the Christian knights during the Crusades. This was short of 1000 years. Rome if it did start with Romulus in 756 BC; barring the incursion of the Etruscans in between, Rome fell in 476 AD far beyond 1000 years. What about the Chinese? China had numerous invasions and different dynasties. Jesus never visited China! The mother Mary looked over the city of Constantinople.

ask any legitimate historian
and
they will tell you
that
the byzantine empire lasted over 1000 years
and
that it was a christian empire
historians invented it

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"Pray to the Father in secret."

"Who made ME a judge?"

"Pay attention to the log in your own eye first before you point out the speck of sawdust in your neighbors."

"Love God and love your neighbor as yourself. On this hangs everything."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is where you start
you should be able to find it
if
it lasted a thousand years
and
you can't dismiss it
if
it fits

it may not meet you preconceived notions
but
you might check this out
while
you are waiting to see
what
you think is going to happen

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the byzantine empire
it fits
it starts out with the first beast
and
it ends with the second beast
so
how can you ignore it?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is the first
and
the biggest piece of the puzzle
so
now you check to see
if
it fits with all the other pieces
and
history is where you look

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the thousand years

You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ and any time two or more are gathered in His name, He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

back to
the apocalypse

how can you ignore a christian empire that lasted one thousand years?

rstrats

chrysostom,

re: "does it say that? how do you know what the thousand years will be?'

Revelation 20:2-3 says that Satan will be bound for a thousand years, during which time he will not be deceiving the nations. What thousand year period do you think is being referenced?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
chrysostom,

re: "does it say that? how do you know what the thousand years will be?'

Revelation 20:2-3 says that Satan will be bound for a thousand years, during which time he will not be deceiving the nations. What thousand year period do you think is being referenced?

we already have a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

the byzantine empire

how does it not satisfy Revelation 20?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
we already have a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

the byzantine empire

how does it not satisfy Revelation 20?

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5)​

After the thousand year period there is a resurrection of the dead. This has not happened yet.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5)​

After the thousand year period there is a resurrection of the dead. This has not happened yet.

how do you know that?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
so when you see satan chained in the bottomless pit
you will know the thousand years have started?

what do you think that will look like?
If satan is let out after the thousand years, does that mean satan was involved in the thousand years or was not involved in the thousand years?

I believe you posited that the thousand years already occurred. If so, when was that and was satan involved?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If satan is let out after the thousand years, does that mean satan was involved in the thousand years or was not involved in the thousand years?

I believe you posited that the thousand years already occurred. If so, when was that and was satan involved?

all you have to do is identify the beasts

paganism the first beast
was mortally wounded at the beginning of the byzantine empire

islam the second beast
ended the byzantine empire

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
all you have to do is identify the beasts

paganism the first beast
was mortally wounded at the beginning of the byzantine empire

islam the second beast
ended the byzantine empire
chrysostom, I have not idea what you are talking about.

I was asking you if you believe satan has already been released or has the thousand years been yet to happen as you are leading people to believe you believe.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
chrysostom, I have not idea what you are talking about.

I was asking you if you believe satan has already been released or has the thousand years been yet to happen as you are leading people to believe you believe.

do you have any idea as to who is the first and second beast?
and
you will not know what I am talking about
if
you don't

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't, but I still don't know what you are talking about.

this verse ties them all together

Revelation 17:8King James Version (KJV)

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.