the thousand years

glorydaz

GOD Didn't say it Would!! -- The ( Christians ) will be Kings and Priests, and Judge!!

((( 1 Corinthians 2:15 KJV ))) -- 15- "(( But he that is Spiritual )) (( judgeth all things )), yet he himself is judged of no man". --//-----

Paul, David -- 081214

Why are you using that verse when it is talking about discernment in the here and now?

glorydaz

The reason for a literal 1000 years:

Joel 2:25 (KJV)

Well, there were four thousand years before Christ and two thousand years after Christ, which puts us at the close of day six ready to enter day seven. Seems like those are literal thousand years to me. Could you elaborate for those of us who have an ear to hear? :)

OCTOBER23

Of course, the Catholic church will no longer exist during the Millennium because .....

Ex 15:18 The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.

Ps 146:10 The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.

Isa 24:23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Re 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Re 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, there were four thousand years before Christ and two thousand years after Christ, which puts us at the close of day six ready to enter day seven. Seems like those are literal thousand years to me.

Yes, Gabriel said the Messiah would be cut off in the midst of the week. In this case, the midst of a millennial set of seven.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

I don't think satan will be chained in prison
I don't think there will be peace
I do think the christian world will have a chance to develop
I do think it already happened
and
we will continue to fight the beast

False Prophet

20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
Rev 20
The millennium starts with the binding of Satan. I guess we have to have spiritual eyes to see this. But this happens at the second coming. Every eye shall see Jesus. So we do not need special vision to see his second coming. This is not as difficult as it seems. Some seem to think that we can not understand the Bible without a special key.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
the thousand years

You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ and any time two or more are gathered in His name, He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

back to
the apocalypse
The "thousand years" theology came about in 1830. It is a dysfunctional belief system that sees Jesus and God as divine child abusers and ethnic cleansers.

Whenever someone points to anything in the New Testament that seems to portray Jesus as a psychopathic killer, it is easy for me to conclude that he is not "walking his talk."

NO ONE would be given such elevated titles as "Son of God," "Lord," "Prince of Peace" or "Savior" if they simply acted like your normal and sinful human being. People saw God in Jesus and it was for a good reason.

Eleutherius

RE: 1000 year reign

...one thousand years or a complete and predetermined amount of time (one week of years) – this was the first resurrection. “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the First Resurrection: over these the second death has no authority; but they shall be priests of God and of His Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years (vs. 7 cf 3:20; 6:10; 15:1).” When the thousand years were completed, Satan had his little season (vs. 7 [cf chapter 9 & 11:7-14; Luke 22:53)]. Here, it was called by reference to the historical event of Gog and Magog or Gog of the land of Magog, the prince, leader of Meshech and Tubal: this was Antiochus Epiphanes of Greece (Daniel: chapters 8 & 11) who was eaten by worms before he was able to destroy Jerusalem. Here, the battle took a turn in accomplishment, Jerusalem was dominated by the enemy: Satan and all of the demonic forces (cf the sixth trumpet and sixth bowl); the city and religious system was finally destroyed.

The context of the 2 or 3 of Matthew 18 is in legal context, i.e., the church court. Does Christ abandon the solitary believer?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
Rev 20
The millennium starts with the binding of Satan. I guess we have to have spiritual eyes to see this. But this happens at the second coming. Every eye shall see Jesus. So we do not need special vision to see his second coming. This is not as difficult as it seems. Some seem to think that we can not understand the Bible without a special key.

why do you think the thousand years start with the second coming?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
RE: 1000 year reign

...one thousand years or a complete and predetermined amount of time (one week of years) – this was the first resurrection. “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the First Resurrection: over these the second death has no authority; but they shall be priests of God and of His Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years (vs. 7 cf 3:20; 6:10; 15:1).” When the thousand years were completed, Satan had his little season (vs. 7 [cf chapter 9 & 11:7-14; Luke 22:53)]. Here, it was called by reference to the historical event of Gog and Magog or Gog of the land of Magog, the prince, leader of Meshech and Tubal: this was Antiochus Epiphanes of Greece (Daniel: chapters 8 & 11) who was eaten by worms before he was able to destroy Jerusalem. Here, the battle took a turn in accomplishment, Jerusalem was dominated by the enemy: Satan and all of the demonic forces (cf the sixth trumpet and sixth bowl); the city and religious system was finally destroyed.

The context of the 2 or 3 of Matthew 18 is in legal context, i.e., the church court. Does Christ abandon the solitary believer?

what do you make of the first resurrection
and
the second death?

False Prophet

The Coming of Christ
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.
Doom of the Beast and False Prophet
20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh. Rev 19

This chapter precedes the arrival of the millennium. I believe that chronology fits here in Revelation. Chapter 19 comes before chapter 20, and chronology seems to fit.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The Coming of Christ
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.
Doom of the Beast and False Prophet
20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh. Rev 19

This chapter precedes the arrival of the millennium. I believe that chronology fits here in Revelation. Chapter 19 comes before chapter 20, and chronology seems to fit.

the theory of recapitulation suggests that each vision must be considered separately
and
the chapters are not necessarily in chronological order

False Prophet

Constantinople which was the eastern Roman Empire rose 325? and fell around 1204 to the Christian knights during the Crusades. This was short of 1000 years. Rome if it did start with Romulus in 756 BC; barring the incursion of the Etruscans in between, Rome fell in 476 AD far beyond 1000 years. What about the Chinese? China had numerous invasions and different dynasties. Jesus never visited China! The mother Mary looked over the city of Constantinople.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"The Father makes his sun shine on both the good and the evil and sends his rain to fall on the righteous as well as the unrighteous."

--Jesus in Matthew's Sermon on the Mount.