The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

"Slings and arrows" is from Hamlet.

No you don't. You just used Shakespeare.

Do you know that it is okay to say 'slings' and arrows as Shakespeare did?

Would you rather I said you are throwing flaming darts and are evil?

Ephesians 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

God's Truth

Bah . . .

Making false accusations against Christians is never "Truth." It is devilish in intent.

Are you not doing that? Do you not think you have the "Truth" and try to correct others?

Don't be a hypocrite.

Let's discuss the scriptures together and only the scriptures.

6days

God's Truth said:
*God's Truth can be found and it matters. God tells us in the Holy Scriptures that it matters. God also wants us to be like minded. Let's strive to please the Lord.
Good comment and thanks.*

I don't think we are ever going to have unity with all believers on all doctrinal issues. I can be a believer, thinking my salvation hinged on my acceptance of Christ as Savior. I can also be a believer thinking I was totally incapable on my own of making a righteous decision. I lean toward the lattet, but do not understand all that is involved in the process of how, and why someone as undeserving as me was chosen.*

I think it's good, and even important to have these discussions / debates. But, it bothers me when there is hostility towards others who claim Christ as Savior. God's Word tells us to have an answer ready for those who question our hope...but to answer with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3: 15,16. If we are to answer unbelievers in that manner, I think its even more important we aren't hostile to fellow believers...even if we are unsure of their salvation.*

John 13:35

God's Truth

Good comment and thanks.*

I don't think we are ever going to have unity with all believers on all doctrinal issues. I can be a believer, thinking my salvation hinged on my acceptance of Christ as Savior. I can also be a believer thinking I was totally incapable on my own of making a righteous decision. I lean toward the lattet, but do not understand all that is involved in the process of how, and why someone as undeserving as me was chosen.*

I think it's good, and even important to have these discussions / debates. But, it bothers me when there is hostility towards others who claim Christ as Savior. God's Word tells us to have an answer ready for those who question our hope...but to answer with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3: 15,16. If we are to answer unbelievers in that manner, I think its even more important we aren't hostile to fellow believers...even if we are unsure of their salvation.*

John 13:35

Thank you 6days.

Your kindness means a lot.

I am glad that you say now that it is right to contend for the faith.

I hope you see that my telling someone to stop making accusation is different than what they are doing.

We are to debate, even in public debate. We are to argue, vigorously refute, sharply dispute, persuade, oppose, defend, confirm, command, preach, teach, instruct, rebuke, encourage, and contend.

Acts 9:29 He talked and debated with the Grecian Jews, but they tried to kill him.

Acts 15:1 Some men came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the brothers: "Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved." This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

Acts 18:28
For he vigorously refuted the Jews in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

Acts 19:8-9 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate: they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them.

2 Corinthians 3:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope that it is plain to your conscience.

Don't forget that some need to be sharply rebuked.

Titus 1:13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith

musterion

But, it bothers me when there is hostility towards others who claim Christ as Savior.

Those who state their belief in false gospels are not Christ's. PERIOD. To imply that they may still be makes God the author of confusion. And that's blasphemous.

Those who preach false gospels are doubly accursed.

Paul and Peter were very clear on what he thought of those who persist in twisting God's Word, especially after correction had been offered and rejected. Neither of them pulled any punches. They named them and opposed them strongly.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
All I can suggest is that the doctrine free here get along. We need to be united. If we are a house divided, this will fail. Even the Adversary has kingdom unity, according to assertions of Christ.

It doesn't make the doctrine free stance wrong, but the hot seat is for Calvinism, not one another.

In the end... doctrine or not, we are united by the blood of Jesus.

# Even Christians with a Calvin complex

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Bah . . .

Making false accusations against Christians is never "Truth." It is devilish in intent.

The core OP asserts that the extra biblical additions of Calvinism cannot stand when confronted with these 6 simple truths in scripture.

I am clearly contesting admission of the reformed commentary, Calvin's Institutes and The Westminster Confessions of Faith into any legitimate debate. Read more closely before you casually dismiss my assertions.

Scripture has been provided and scripture free of added commentary has been challenged to be brought back that contest's my assertion.

Whatever the proper way to say this is, no Calvinist here has displayed a passion for scripture by refuting this with scripture, but a passion for Calvin.

Something is wrong with Calvinisms perpetual proclaim action of Calvinism.

It's JESUS, not calvin that saves us.

[MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION], perhaps united on this matter, despite our collective theological and personal divisions.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The trinity is a doctrine. It is a doctrine from men, from Catholics.
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] referred to God being expressed in three different ways scripturally by using the word Tri-une. It simply is restating "and these three testify".

That is different that saying "trinity".

She's quoting scripture, instead of referencing mans attempt to explain one of the greatest mysteries of scripture.
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION], please correct me if I misrepresented your stance.

God's Truth

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] referred to God being expressed in three different ways scripturally by using the word Tri-une. It simply is restating "and these three testify".

That is different that saying "trinity".

She's quoting scripture, instead of referencing mans attempt to explain one of the greatest mysteries of scripture.
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION], please correct me if I misrepresented your stance.

There are trinitarians here and they believe the trinity doctrine, and not just that there are three.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The trinity is a doctrine. It is a doctrine from men, from Catholics.
Matthew 28:19 "19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

"Baptizing them in the name"
Notice that "name" is singular, yet 3 names are given. The word Trinity may not be in the Bible, but it is scriptural.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Matthew 28:19 "19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

"Baptizing them in the name"
Notice that "name" is singular, yet 3 names are given. The word Trinity may not be in the Bible, but it is scriptural.

Don't get me wrong, for there are three, but the three are one, they are the same. They are not three different and separate as the trinitarian doctrine says.

Jesus is God.

I want to make that clear that that is what I believe.

The trinity doctrine, however, is a man made doctrine not supported by the Holy Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.