The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The medium is not the message

The medium is not the message

# I have followed them both and searched their discussions
@Ask Mr. Religion and @Nang

There... I'm not back biting

I'll answer to my words
You would have more success if you could stop betraying your youthfulness with all the #hashtag this or that, use of chatbox style internet slang, self-referential high-fives, disjointed fontfaces and embellishments, etc. This is not a chat board on a smartphone. It is a discussion site, wherein proper grammar is essential when discussing that which we hold dear. Your medium has become your message. Sigh.

AMR

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You would have more success if you could stop betraying your youthfulness with all the #hashtag this or that, use of chatbox style internet slang, self-referential high-fives, disjointed fontfaces and embellishments, etc. This is not a chat board on a smartphone. It is a discussion site, wherein proper grammar is essential when discussing that which we hold dear. Your medium has become your message. Sigh.

AMR

# I'll stop using hashtags if you renounce the value of Reformed bloat.
# 1 Tim. 4:12
#Moses is young to you old man

You have earned my respect. I don't care if I get banned for saying it.

You have Balls of Brass to come onto this thread.

#I'm still mad about Reformed assertions about literal Israel, but...

Brother in Christ you are to me... "Yoda voice"

[MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION]... Whether you address the OP or not, I appreciate your presence here.

No bull

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

AMR
Quit being an old foggy!

hehe!

We're just not hip enough anymore, Patrick
I think the word my grandkids hear the most from me is ...... huh?

musterion

AMR

Do we have the pleasure of addressing Mr. Fuddy, or his partner Mr. Duddy? ;)

Yeah, EE, the hipster textuals is a trifle annoying.

musterion

Calvinists are using only scripture. They just understand those scriptures erroneously.

Half correct. The presuppositions come ultimately from Augustine and others (allegoricism and supersessionism perhaps chiefest among them), so while they claim to be sola Scriptura, in practice it's been beliefs borrowed from figures predating Calvin (but inherited by and passed on through Calvin) that are really doing the talking. Consistent dispensationalists who Eph 3:9 and Rom 16:25 are the true sola Scripturists.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Half correct. The presuppositions come ultimately from Augustine and others (allegoricism and supersessionism perhaps chiefest among them), so while they've always claim to be sola Scriptura, in practice it's been beliefs borrowed from figures predating Calvin that are really doing the talking. Consistent dispensationalists who Eph 3:9 and Rom 16:25 are the true sola Scripturists.
[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION]

Read this 5 times, then come back into the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.