The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Acts 16:18 One day as we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl with a spirit of clairvoyance, who earned a large income for her masters by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation.”18 She continued this for many days. Eventually Paul grew so aggravated that he turned and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” And the spirit left her at that very moment.

You can very well be saying some truths about me and others here, and about the Holy Bible, but your own spirit might not quite be right.

Praise Jesus for the Holy Spirit Sister. I'm a work in progress awaiting Christ's promise.

#Peace
#I beg God to teach me how to Love others as He Loves me, that I might Love like He more and more, everyday.
#It's all in His "Right" Hand now.

God's Truth

Praise Jesus for the Holy Spirit Sister. I'm a work in progress awaiting Christ's promise.

#Peace
#I beg God to teach me how to Love others as He Loves me, that I might Love like He more and more, everyday.
#It's all in His "Right" Hand now.

We also have a part in our own salvation.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I hope you wrote that as a joke and are not serious, EE.
It's pretty funny as a joke, but if you are serious ...... oh my.

Rotfl...

It is a nod to you and others doing so that are un-indoctrinated, thus capable of leading her. Though... some hoarses just won't drink.

But to @Namg, it is saying that her log won't help God's Truth's spec.

God's Truth

Rotfl...

It is a nod to you and others doing so that are un-indoctrinated, thus capable of leading her. Though... some hoarses just won't drink.

But to @Namg, it is saying that her log won't help God's Truth's spec.

I have no log anymore, not even a spec.

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Feel free to call me Musty, or M, cuz Musterion isn't my real name. Neither GT nor God's Truth is her real name either.

#try decaf

Rotfl...

Musty sounds pretty cool! I'll take it.

And to the decaf...
raw

still laughing...

You are free to call me any variation of my name you care to. Your honesty is a genuine blessing.

#Don't let the compliment go to your head, Musty.
#GT is going to call me a flatterer again.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All those who are Calvinists do not 'read' Calvin.

True.

There are many 'pastors' out there and churches that are reformed and teach Calvinism.

Also true.

Again, if you have ever gone to a reformed church, ever, then you have had a Calvinistic teaching. If you have ever read a book, or gone on the Internet and read any articles about the Christian religion, then you might have had a Calvinistic teaching; if you have ever been taught by a family member or friend, then there is a strong chance that you were TAUGHT SOMETHING that is Calvinistic.

What is interesting about my husband's and my testimony, is that we came to faith without any family, friends, or church influence at all. All our family and friends were without God in their lives.

When we were spiritually awakened, we knew nothing about the bible or doctrines, but a strong desire to go to church suddenly came upon us. We wanted to learn, but did not know anything about church differences (other than the difference between Protestant and Roman Catholic). So we simply began attending the closest church in our neighborhood, and lasted there 7 years.

It was a hyper-dispensational Plymouth Brethren group, and we involved ourselves in bible study there. However, during the latter years with them, because of our own private studies, we discerned serious error and poor teaching that did not accord with what we were learning from the Lord on our own. Never during this time, did we learn anything about Calvin or Calvinism, for Plymouth Brethren would not even say the name.

We eventually heard a sermon by a Presbyterian pastor on Christian radio, whose teachings sounded like what we were seeing in the Scriptures, and we ended up worshiping there. Indeed, we received Reformed teaching, and the pastor opened up his library to us, and we finally began to learn church history, etc.

Have you had ANY teaching from anyone and any source that are from Luther's influence?

Well, we have met many Lutherans but we have never been members of a Lutheran church.

Luther and Calvin both were Catholics and studied Augustine and Aquinas.

That is where some of the false doctrines stem from.

Augustine is sound but Aquinas was not. Agreed, RCC doctrine primarily developed from these two, but RCC errors were magnified through the ungodly papacy. Long story, but Luther and Calvin sought to correct the RCC errors, and of course were both kicked out ofo that church for their efforts.

Reformed Theology is not Roman Catholic, even though there are residual beliefs still held, such as basic Trinitarian views.

Let's start there then.
I want us to keep the discussion on this, for isn't that why we are here on this site?
[/quote]

Sounds good to me, and I hope there is an eternal purpose for time spent on TOL. :)

I will start a new thread, so as not to interfere with the OP here.

musterion

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

No, not all have specs and logs.

You have an I-beam protruding from yours for not admitting you were wrong when you said every word Christ spoke is needed for salvation, when you have since said NOT all are needed but without admitting you contradicted yourself. Do so and respect for you will instantly double, on my part if no one else's.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
This explains a lot.
Sigh[FONT="].[/FONT]

Please vote in the poll:
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?115654-The-Trinity

AMR

For all my busting your chops, you just nailed me in the kisser.

Rotfl...

Yup. Good old GT turned on me faster than a rabbid Wolverine.

#Egg on my face AMR. Egg on my face.
#I tried.
# I was warned... do not press the RED button
# Pressed it

# House of Slytherin gets 10 points back, thanks to AMR exploiting my dumb*butt*ery

God's Truth

True.

Also true.

What is interesting about my husband's and my testimony, is that we came to faith without any family, friends, or church influence at all. All our family and friends were without God in their lives.

When we were spiritually awakened, we knew nothing about the bible or doctrines, but a strong desire to go to church suddenly came upon us. We wanted to learn, but did not know anything about church differences (other than the difference between Protestant and Roman Catholic). So we simply began attending the closest church in our neighborhood, and lasted there 7 years.

It was a hyper-dispensational Plymouth Brethren group, and we involved ourselves in bible study there. However, during the latter years with them, because of our own private studies, we discerned serious error and poor teaching that did not accord with what we were learning from the Lord on our own. Never during this time, did we learn anything about Calvin or Calvinism, for Plymouth Brethren would not even say the name.

We eventually heard a sermon by a Presbyterian pastor on Christian radio, whose teachings sounded like what we were seeing in the Scriptures, and we ended up worshiping there. Indeed, we received Reformed teaching, and the pastor opened up his library to us, and we finally began to learn church history, etc.

You just proved my point.

You were confused, you say, and then you heard a sermon by a reformed pastor, and then admit further that you received reformed teaching.

Just because the the first church you went to did not preach in a way that you understood, it does not mean the second Calvinist denomination taught truth.

Now please do not get offended, because that is where you will harden yourself to discuss more with me.

You were only searching for God, right? So then, how could you be wrong when you were only trying to do right, right?

I know exactly what you are talking about.

However, to know God's Truth, we must humble ourselves, and stay humble.

You have so far proven what I have said and that is that you were taught Calvinism.

Now let's discuss very carefully the scriptures that those teachers falsely taught you.

It does not matter the intent of those teachers.

Let us speak about the scriptures of the Holy Bible, and worry about your own soul right now.

Well, we have met many Lutherans but we have never been members of a Lutheran church.

Augustine is sound but Aquinas was not. Agreed, RCC doctrine primarily developed from these two, but RCC errors were magnified through the ungodly papacy. Long story, but Luther and Calvin sought to correct the RCC errors, and of course were both kicked out ofo that church for their efforts.

Luther did a lot to expose the Catholic denomination, but he did not go far enough, and like Calvin, they both added false teachings.

Reformed Theology is not Roman Catholic, even though there are residual beliefs still held, such as basic Trinitarian views.

Sounds good to me, and I hope there is an eternal purpose for time spent on TOL. :)

I will start a new thread, so as not to interfere with the OP here.

I hope you start a new thread and this thread can go dead without us.

Status
Not open for further replies.