The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

TweetyBird

I'll take it that you have not read the entire Bible.

The text is clear. Peter and all the apostles were to bring the Gospel of Christ to Gentiles. Peter stated the God sent him to the Gentiles. He also preached to the Jews. Paul also preached to both. MAD is drawing a line where there is no line. The OT prophets prophesied that the Jews would bring Light to the Gentiles.

TweetyBird

Luke 18:31-32 KJV - Luke 18:33-34 KJV -

Mark 9:31-32 KJV - Luke 24:9-10, 11 KJV -

John 20:9 KJV -

and there's more. The twelve did not know

Are you saying that Jesus misspoke when He told them to go out into all the world and preach the Gospel?

Mark 16
14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Luke 24

43 And he took it, and did eat before them. 44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. 45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things. 49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Acts 1
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 17:26
and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mark 13:10
And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

TweetyBird

Matthew 10:5 KJV - Matthew 15:24 KJV -

That was before the cross, when they were sent during Jesus' ministry. After the resurrection, it changed, obviously, or Jesus would not have told them to go into all the nations to preach the Gospel. Peter said specifically, that the Lord sent him to the Gentiles in Acts 15.

John 17
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

John 11
47 Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles. 48 If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation. 49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, 50 nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. 51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; 52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Peter went to Samaria.

Acts 8
14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (for as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Peter went to Joppa to minister to the Gentiles.

Acts 9
36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did. 37 And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber. 38 And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them. 39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them. 40 But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up. 41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive. 42 And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord. 43 And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.

Acts 10 - Peter was called by God to go the Gentile, Cornelius to preach the Gospel.

Peter is called out because he went to the Gentiles in Acts 11, but then convinces his Jewish brethren that God sent him to the Gentiles.

In Acts 15, Peter declares that God has sent him to the Gentiles.

Peter writes his letter to all the strangers in surrounding countries. The Jews were never called strangers. The term "stranger" referred to the Gentiles.

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, ...

John states that the Gospel is for the whole world

1 John 2:2
and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14
And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

God's Truth

The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that many people cannot believe it or understand it.

Paul said to the Corinthians, "I fear, lest by any means , as the serpent beguild Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

The Gospel is so simple that even little children can hear it, believe it and be saved. Here is the simple message of the Gospel that I taught children when I was the pastor of the childrens church.

Jesus has come into the world as our substitute and representative, to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves because we are sinners. Jesus has fulfilled God's Holy Law for us. Jesus has atoned for our sins. All that Jesus did was for us, and to make us pleasing to God. Jesus makes us right with God.

There it is in less than 60 words. The simple Gospel message that even a small child can understand. The Calvinist "Cannons of Dort" have composed 20 pages on what you have to do to become or believe in Calvinism.

When it comes to complicated religions Catholicism takes first place. Before you can become a Catholic you have to go to Catechism where they give you a manual about how you can become a Catholic. The "Council of Trent" has composed over 30 statement on what a Catholic must do and believe. At the end of each statement it says that if you don't do or believe those things then, "Let him be anathema" which means kicked out of the Catholic church. This is why you don't ask any questions or oppose any thing in the Catholic church.

Religion is complicated. I have noticed that some Forum members compose long post about their religion and what they believe. I seldom read them because it is pure religion. I suspect that they have been deceived by the "Simplicity that is in Christ".

Any child at the age of about 7 can rebuke you easily.

Ask any child, even at that age if we have to obey God.

Ask any child who has not been trained to repeat anything taught.

Just simply ask, "Do we have to obey God??

You will be rebuked by a child.

beloved57

Any child at the age of about 7 can rebuke you easily.

Ask any child, even at that age if we have to obey God.

Ask any child who has not been trained to repeat anything taught.

Just simply ask, "Do we have to obey God??

You will be rebuked by a child.

Ask any child did they know that by Christ obeying alone, many are made righteous Rom 5:19!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The text is clear. Peter and all the apostles were to bring the Gospel of Christ to Gentiles. Peter stated the God sent him to the Gentiles. He also preached to the Jews. Paul also preached to both. MAD is drawing a line where there is no line. The OT prophets prophesied that the Jews would bring Light to the Gentiles.

I'm afraid you haven't been eating enough "Bird Seed." Your little-feathered brain isn't receiving enough nourishment.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Galatians 2:7 "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;"

That was Paul speaking of how he was sent to the Gentiles and Peter and the rest were sent to the House of Israel. And, Matthew mentions who Christ was sent to.

TweetyBirdy needs to catch up with the truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That was Paul speaking of how he was sent to the Gentiles and Peter and the rest were sent to the House of Israel.

So it's easy to see that Israel was the priority twelve to one.

The Twelve were Judeans but Paul grew up with Gentiles and knew their customs and culture.

Somebody needed to go to the Gentiles but the Twelve were busy.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So it's easy to see that Israel was the priority twelve to one.

The Twelve were Judeans but Paul grew up with Gentiles and knew their customs and culture.

Somebody needed to go to the Gentiles but the Twelve were busy.

Your rationale is way off. That's caused by ignorance. You poor soul.