The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul claimed he was the least of the apostles, why would he not teach the same as the other apostles.

Paul was an apostle to the Gentiles, but not the only one.

There is no house of Gentiles,

Different Gospel. We live under the gospel of Grace, not the Gospel of the Kingdom.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Different Gospel. We live under the gospel of Grace, not the Gospel of the Kingdom.

There has never been any other gospel, Everyone being saved is being saved by grace through faith.

Faith is demonstrated by what we do and not just what we say.

The man on the cross beside Jesus was saved by grace.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ignorance comes from a lack of knowledge Jamie. Perhaps if you were to read and study the entire Bible cover to cover, it may help to remedy your ignorance?

TweetyBird

It's called "The Grace Gospel." It's the same Gospel that was subsequently given to the Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. It's the ONLY Gospel for this "Dispensation of Grace" that we live in. Paul called it that in case you're wondering where that came from.

There is only one Gospel and it is not called "the grace gospel", nor is it the "dispensation of grace gospel". This is one of the reasons that I refer to it as MAD's own exclusive gospel.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is only one Gospel and it is not called "the grace gospel", nor is it the "dispensation of grace gospel". This is one of the reasons that I refer to it as MAD's own exclusive gospel.

Gospel of the Kingdom as taught by the twelve apostles;

Acts 2:37-39King James Version (KJV)

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The Gospel of Grace as taught by Paul;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

There is no mention of grace. Jesus died and was resurrected, how does that help the Corinthians?

TweetyBird

He was the ONLY one. Have you read and studied the entire Bible, cover to cover, word for word, and name by name?

Paul was not the only one.

Matt 28
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 1
The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2 until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 3 to whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

TweetyBird

Gospel of the Kingdom as taught by the twelve apostles;

Acts 2:37-39King James Version (KJV)

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

I read nothing in either of those passages that states the kingdom was preached only to the Jews or that "the gospel of grace" was taught to the Gentiles.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no mention of grace. Jesus died and was resurrected, how does that help the Corinthians?

I believe that all the letters of Paul were circulated among the churches. Here is what Paul says to the Galatians;

Galatians 1:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Paul's Gospel is the Gospel of grace.

There are two Gospels, Paul's is grace, Peter, that of the kingdom;

Galatians 2:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Get it yet?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians 2:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

So you see where the main emphasis is, right?

Twelve apostles to Israel, one apostle to the Gentiles.

However, when it's all said and done, there is no race or ethnicity in Christ.

I really don't understand why all this discussion of ancient evangelism.

Why not focus on today? What's been done is done and is over with.

We don't live in the past.

Get it yet?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Get it yet?
The bible is easy peasy for jamie

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Get it yet?

You're not very bright, are ya?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul was not the only one.

Matt 28
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 1
The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2 until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 3 to whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

I'll take it that you have not read the entire Bible.