The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
Invalid comments not found in scripture!

How about this scripture?

"For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

Now are you going to tell Jesus that his words are not valid?

beloved57

How about this scripture?

"For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

Now are you going to tell Jesus that his words are not valid?

The scriptures are fine, it's your personal comments that are invalid.

TweetyBird

The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that many people cannot believe it or understand it.

Paul said to the Corinthians, "I fear, lest by any means , as the serpent beguild Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

The Gospel is so simple that even little children can hear it, believe it and be saved. Here is the simple message of the Gospel that I taught children when I was the pastor of the childrens church.

Jesus has come into the world as our substitute and representative, to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves because we are sinners. Jesus has fulfilled God's Holy Law for us. Jesus has atoned for our sins. All that Jesus did was for us, and to make us pleasing to God. Jesus makes us right with God.

There it is in less than 60 words. The simple Gospel message that even a small child can understand. The Calvinist "Cannons of Dort" have composed 20 pages on what you have to do to become or believe in Calvinism.

When it comes to complicated religions Catholicism takes first place. Before you can become a Catholic you have to go to Catechism where they give you a manual about how you can become a Catholic. The "Council of Trent" has composed over 30 statement on what a Catholic must do and believe. At the end of each statement it says that if you don't do or believe those things then, "Let him be anathema" which means kicked out of the Catholic church. This is why you don't ask any questions or oppose any thing in the Catholic church.

Religion is complicated. I have noticed that some Forum members compose long post about their religion and what they believe. I seldom read them because it is pure religion. I suspect that they have been deceived by the "Simplicity that is in Christ".

I wonder why the religion of MAD complicates the Gospel :juggle:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

That can hardly be called a gospel. We need to keep in mind that Paul was the least of the apostles and hardly worth being called an apostle because he persecuted God's church.

However, he repented and set an example for all of us that we too need to repent and believe the gospel.

Then our sins need to be washed away so we can walk in a new life with Jesus Christ.

That's the true gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That can hardly be called a gospel. We need to keep in mind that Paul was the least of the apostles and hardly worth being called an apostle because he persecuted God's church.

However, he repented and set an example for all of us that we too need to repent and believe the gospel.

Then our sins need to be washed away so we can walk in a new life with Jesus Christ.

That's the true gospel.

How do YOU have your sins washed away? Be clear about how you go about it, okay?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that many people cannot believe it or understand it.

Paul said to the Corinthians, "I fear, lest by any means , as the serpent beguild Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

The Gospel is so simple that even little children can hear it, believe it and be saved. Here is the simple message of the Gospel that I taught children when I was the pastor of the childrens church.

Jesus has come into the world as our substitute and representative, to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves because we are sinners. Jesus has fulfilled God's Holy Law for us. Jesus has atoned for our sins. All that Jesus did was for us, and to make us pleasing to God. Jesus makes us right with God.

There it is in less than 60 words. The simple Gospel message that even a small child can understand. The Calvinist "Cannons of Dort" have composed 20 pages on what you have to do to become or believe in Calvinism.

When it comes to complicated religions Catholicism takes first place. Before you can become a Catholic you have to go to Catechism where they give you a manual about how you can become a Catholic. The "Council of Trent" has composed over 30 statement on what a Catholic must do and believe. At the end of each statement it says that if you don't do or believe those things then, "Let him be anathema" which means kicked out of the Catholic church. This is why you don't ask any questions or oppose any thing in the Catholic church.

Religion is complicated. I have noticed that some Forum members compose long post about their religion and what they believe. I seldom read them because it is pure religion. I suspect that they have been deceived by the "Simplicity that is in Christ".

Good post Pate

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Canons of Dort were an answer to semi-Pelagian doctrines creeping into the church.

You don't need the Canons to discover the truths of Calvinism in the scripture.

All you have to do is read Romans 9 and John 6 and take them for what they say.

Calvinism is made up of false doctrines, misinterpreted Scripture verses, and changing the character and intent of the God of the Bible.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
most catholics, maybe 90%, don't know anything about the council of trent
they don't need to know
the purpose was to address heresies
like yours

Those connected with the Catholic church wouldn't know if Pate is right or wrong. You folks don't know the true Gospel.

fishrovmen

Not ALL of humanity is "indwelt" by the Holy Spirit.

I know that, but Robert claims that to understand the Gospel, one must have the Holy Spirit, of which, Robert claims that Brother Ducky does not have. If God is the only one who gives the Holy Spirit, then where does that leave the blame?
And Robert doesn't seem to be talking about the "indwelling" of the Spirit, unless he believes in regeneration before faith, which would make him a ...you know...
Either way, Pate is terribly confused.