Theology Club: The Rapture is Found in the Epistle of James

Jerry Shugart

Hi and your CONTEXT is just BLOVIATING !!

So , since you can not fine the Greek word for RAPTURE you are trying to cover it up with a LATIN , word RAPTUROS ??

You can use Greek word " COMING /PAROUSIA in 1 Thess 2:1 which what Acts 28 people use !!

So are you an Acts 28 believer?

And the problem with what you say is the fact that there are two different comings of the Lord Jesus which are translated from the Greek word parousia you using that word does not always refer to the time when the saints will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air.

Christians speak of the Trinity even though that word is not found in the Bible. I bet you go around and lecture those who use that word.

Since you cannot find any error which I made in my OP you lecture me because I use the word "rapture."

SaulToPaul 2

Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Have you entered into the rest, Jerry? What labour did you do, therefore, to enter in?

SaulToPaul 2

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

Hebrews 6:15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

Endure what? Why don't you have the promise yet?

Danoh

So are you an Acts 28 believer?

And the problem with what you say is the fact that there are two different comings of the Lord Jesus which are translated from the Greek word parousia you using that word does not always refer to the time when the saints will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air.

Christians speak of the Trinity even though that word is not found in the Bible. I bet you go around and lecture those who use that word.

Since you cannot find any error which I made in my OP you lecture me because I use the word "rapture."

Try that again, Jerry rrrrreeeeaaaallll slowwwww - notice what he actually said "which (is) what Acts 28 people use !!"

Oi-vey! and :rotfl:

Jerry Shugart

It takes much twisting to mix the Rapture, only taught by Paul, with the Second Coming. It is astonishing that someone could be so sold out to the MAD Co-Popes as to continue doing it.

I twisted nothing. You continue to just IGNORE what is said about the Greek word translated "imminent" and instead stick you head in the sand in the hope that the word will go away.

You also do the same with the Greek word apekdechomai here used by the author of Hebrews:

"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look (apekdechomai) for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation" (Heb.9:28).​

Here the Greek word apekdechomai is used and it means "to expect, wait or look for" (The Analytical Greek Lexicon Revised, 37).

If the "appearing" of the Lord Jesus could not happen until certain prophesised events occured (such as the abomination of desolation of Matthew 24:15) then it is evident that before those events happened no one would be looking for that appearance, much less eagerly expecting that appearance.

Instead of answering these points you just stick your head in the sand and hope that these Greek words will just go away.

Jerry Shugart

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.

Jerry Shugart

Is "the husbandman coming" in James referring to the Rapture?

Of course it is:

"Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh (eggizo)" (Jas.5:7-8).​

The Greek word translated "draweth nigh" is eggizo and that word means "to be imminent" (A Greek English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1940], 467).

Paul Sadler, one of the chief spokesmen within the Neo-MAD movement, says the following about the events which will happen when the Lord Jesus returns at the rapture:

"According to Paul's gospel the Rapture is 'imminent,' that is, it could take place at any moment. There are no signs, times, or seasons that will precede this glorious event" [emphasis mine] (Sadler, "The Present Obsession With the Anti-Christ," The Berean Searchlight, June, 1999, 7).​

There is only one appearing of the Lord Jesus which can be described as being imminent and that is the rapture. So James' words at 5:7-8 are speaking of the Lord Jesus' coming at the rapture.

Last edited:

Danoh

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

Lol, you are out of control - you keep responding that you will not be responding.

:rotfl:

Danoh

Of course it is:

"Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh (eggizo)" (Jas.5:7-8).​

The Greek word translated "draweth nigh" is eggizo and that word means "to be imminent" (A Greek English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1940], 467).

Paul Sadler, one of the chief spokesmen within the Neo-MAD movement, says the following about the events which will happen when the Lord Jesus returns at the rapture:

"According to Paul's gospel the Rapture is 'imminent,' that is, it could take place at any moment. There are no signs, times, or seasons that will precede this glorious event" [emphasis mine] (Sadler, "The Present Obsession With the Anti-Christ," The Berean Searchlight, June, 1999, 7).​

There is only one appearing of the Lord Jesus which can be described as being imminent and that is the rapture. So James' words at 5:7-8 are speaking of the Lord Jesus' coming at the rapture.

Nonsense.

Matthew 24:

22. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Luke 21:

28. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Matthew 10:

22. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Acts 8:

1. And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

James 1:

1. James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
2. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Who interrupted that "imminence" Israel was then headed for, and with what did He interrupt it?

Are you Mid-Acts, or Neo-MAD?

And who, when he was Neo-MAD, for a moment, lol - was reminded of said interruption, and towards what intent, and by Whom?

Acts 22:

19. And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:
20. And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.
21. And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.

Are you Mid-Acts, or Neo-MAD, Jerry Shugart!

Danoh

James didn't know the Rapture from a hole in the ground.

Its interesting; though you and I differ on some of the above, even we see these Things That Differ that Jerry has somehow failed to all these decades.

Not to mention, we manage to get along well with one another in our differences.

That is what this forum should be about.

The guy acts as if the darn thing was erected as a soapbox just for him to hound after everyone attempting to lord his errors over others, and that; regardless of subject matter.

And then he has the nerve to cry foul.

SaulToPaul 2

Its interesting; though you and I differ on some of the above, even we see these Things That Differ that Jerry has somehow failed to all these decades.

Not to mention, we manage to get along well with one another in our differences.

That is what this forum should be about.

The guy acts as if the darn thing was erected as a soapbox just for him to hound after everyone attempting to lord his errors over others, and that; regardless of subject matter.

And then he has the nerve to cry foul.

No one will agree 100%, except for me and sister heir. :)

The main thing is you believe the same gospel that I do, and you are in the Body with me.

Danoh

No one will agree 100%, except for me and sister heir. :)

The main thing is you believe the same gospel that I do, and you are in the Body with me.

Likewise.

Where we differ should be relegated to the issue of exploration and comparison towards mutual edification.

This need of his to put out two water fountains - one for his fool notion of MAD, another for, this equally fool, Neo-MAD notion of his - is the mark of a would be tyrant, at best; at the same time it is the mark of a divisive incompetent, at worst.

Does he actually expect MADists - people who, as a result of their nose in the Book, know that Book - to lie down to his incompetence and vanity?

I guess... he does...

Okay, Jim Crow...

Jerry Shugart

James didn't know the Rapture from a hole in the ground.

Of course he did, as witnessed by what he said here:

Paul Sadler, one of the chief spokesmen within the Neo-MAD movement, makes it plain that the rapture is described as being "imminent":

You refuse to address these things and instead stick your head in the sand.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Danoh

Hey know it all, for the younger generation "drop dead!" means "get lost, gnat!"

And quit responding that you will not be responding, lol

Jerry Shugart

I will no longer respond to anything new which you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

Last edited: