The Order of Salvation

glorydaz

We have to obey. There is no way around it. Jesus says more than 'believe'. We have to have living faith not dead faith. Even the demons believe and do something.

So you think God stops performing His work in us if we don't obey?

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Do you doubt He is able to perform what He started when He saved us and gave us life? When He proclaimed all things were new.....He didn't know what He was doing?

Where is your faith, GT? In the Lord or in yourself? Where is your confidence? Why are you not persuaded?

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

glorydaz

You have been given much and have a brain to obey or disobey. Now answer the questions I ask. Who gave you the special enabling to get up this morning? Who gave you the enabling to come to dinner and eat with your family? Who gave you the enabling to be a school by 8? Who gave you the enabling to do all the things you make up your own mind to do every day?

You're speaking of worldly things. Unbelievers do those things. Is that the obedience you're talking about? Heck, unbelievers do those things to get by in this world.

glorydaz

Sanctification is God's work for man, accomplished through the offering of the body of Christ.

KJV Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And WE, all, are the Body of Christ!

No, WE are not all the Body of Christ. You're a universalist then, I take it?

God's Truth

So you think God stops performing His work in us if we don't obey?

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

That is for the obedient.

Do you doubt He is able to perform what He started when He saved us and gave us life? When He proclaimed all things were new.....He didn't know what He was doing?

Where is your faith, GT? In the Lord or in yourself? Where is your confidence? Why are you not persuaded?

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

Again, it is to those who believe and obey him.

God's Truth

You are a modern day Pharisee.
You always say that, even after you are given scriptures that show the Pharisees were the only oncs who did not repent of their sins---like you preach.
So it is you who is like the Pharisees. You don't believe in repenting of sins either.

Salvation is by faith alone, because salvation is by Christ alone.
Faith alone means we do not have to get circumcised. Faith alone is believing circumcision doesn't clean us, Jesus' blood does. You have to repent of those sins to be cleaned of those sins.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do that will merit salvation. Your obedience doctrine is right out of Satan's mouth.

Satan doesn't want anyone to obey Jesus.

Jesus and Jesus alone is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. So that, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Plus nothing.

One calls on Jesus' name AFTER they believe, and confess and repent of their sins. That is scripture.

Robert Pate

Banned
You always say that, even after you are given scriptures that show the Pharisees were the only oncs who did not repent of their sins---like you preach.
So it is you who is like the Pharisees. You don't believe in repenting of sins either.

Faith alone means we do not have to get circumcised. Faith alone is believing circumcision doesn't clean us, Jesus' blood does. You have to repent of those sins to be cleaned of those sins.

One calls on Jesus' name AFTER they believe, and confess and repent of their sins. That is scripture.

There is nothing in the Bible that says you must confess and repent to be saved.

Your whole problem is that you don't believe that Jesus saves and that he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

You feel that you have to add your two cents or you won't be saved. Jesus doesn't need your help to save you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Where do you get that faith alone means no circumcision and ceremonial works? Scripture please.

glorydaz

That is for the obedient.

Again, it is to those who believe and obey him.

Nope, it is for those who have accessed the Grace of God through Faith.

Oops, that's the obedience of faith I keep telling you about. :doh:

So when I fail in some regard, I am chastened or allowed to suffer the natural consequences of my actions, and, miracle of miracle, God uses my failures to build patience and endurance in me. That is how we grow and mature in the Lord (experience). We trust HIM, and HIM alone, to do His work in us. We are God's workmanship. A lack of trust leaves us with nothing but SELF-EFFORT.

Romans 5:2-4
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:​

God's Truth

There is nothing in the Bible that says you must confess and repent to be saved.

Your whole problem is that you don't believe that Jesus saves and that he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

You feel that you have to add your two cents or you won't be saved. Jesus doesn't need your help to save you.

Jesus saves us all on his own and he chooses whom he saves. He saves those who believe and obey.

Even Paul taught to repent.

Go find the scriptures and then stop yourself from trying to nullify them.

God's Truth

Where do you get that faith alone means no circumcision and ceremonial works? Scripture please.

The people used to have to clean themselves by doing the ceremonial works.

Since Jesus shed his blood on the cross, all people only have to do to get clean is to have faith that HIS BLOOD cleans us.

God's Truth

You weren't speaking Jesus' words. You were talking about alarm clocks.

Really? Jesus needs you to get up and go to work in the morning? :think:

If you don't, will you lose your salvation, or will you just go hungry?

I sure was talking about Jesus' words. Go back and look again.

I brought up how we all have the ability to do right and wrong, to obey, to obey our own bodies, to obey our parents, our teacher, our boss. So why can't you obey Jesus?

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus saves us all on his own and he chooses whom he saves. He saves those who believe and obey.

Even Paul taught to repent.

Go find the scriptures and then stop yourself from trying to nullify them.

There is no scripture that says Jesus chooses whom he will save. The reason for that is because Jesus has ALREADY atoned for the sins of the whole world so that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13

You have like 0 knowledge of the Gospel and justification by faith.

God's Truth

Nope, it is for those who have accessed the Grace of God through Faith.

Oops, that's the obedience of faith I keep telling you about. :doh:

The only time faith alone is mentioned is in the KJV and it is to warn us of what kind of faith not to have.

Did the prostitute Rahab just have to believe, or did she have to tell the spies a different direction?

Did Abraham just have to believe or did he have to actually take Isaac with him and put him on the altar?
So when I fail in some regard, I am chastened or allowed to suffer the natural consequences of my actions, and, miracle of miracle, God uses my failures to build patience and endurance in me. That is how we grow and mature in the Lord (experience). We trust HIM, and HIM alone, to do His work in us. We are God's workmanship. A lack of trust leaves us with nothing but SELF-EFFORT.

What you say there proves you have to obey. Even asking God to forgive you is obeying.
Where do you ever get that I say we don't have to have faith?

God's Truth

There is no scripture that says Jesus chooses whom he will save. The reason for that is because Jesus has ALREADY atoned for the sins of the whole world so that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13

You have like 0 knowledge of the Gospel and justification by faith.

Do you really not know Jesus chooses whom he saves?